Triumph Tiger800 Unifilter Group Buy

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by PYG RYDR, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    Thanks bross.
  2. Seve

Seve Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dirtmonkey8

Just a note of thanks, I received the filters today.

Thanks again Sir
  3. BlackBeast

BlackBeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Received mine today. Thank you. :clap
  4. TekurRides

TekurRides Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can I still get one? Ready to paypal the amount immediately. I have the XC with ABS.
  5. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Tekur Rides,
    You can probably get one. Give me a little time to make sure these guys that "ordered" their filters have a chance to get them. I have you as first on the list for an extra.
  6. orv

orv Busted butt Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can someone point me to the thread where instructions or comments are on installing the filter? I'm stymied...I go look at the old (OEM) plastic, and don't know where to start getting it out. '12 XC ABS.

Thanks for helping a wimp :eek1
  7. Poweranger

Poweranger Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here is how I did it.

1. Take off the seat.

3. Remove the plastic cover that goes over the ABS module. (5 bolts) Opps, Just remembered had steps 2 and 3 backwards. I think those side panels have to be pulled before the ABS cover will come off?

2. Remove those two small side panels under the tank. ( 1 bolt each )

4. Remove the one bolt from the stock intake snorkel and remove snorkel from air box. (I installed a shorter 6mm bolt in place of the snorkel bolt after the snorkel was removed)

5. Install pre-filter in air box

6. Bolt all the plastic stuff back on.

7. Install seat.

It takes about 15 minutes and one beer. :1drink
  8. some call me...tim

some call me...tim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice, so no tank removal needed? I haven't taken a close look yet myself, but I was putting it off as I don't like all the steps involved in getting under the tank.
  9. Poweranger

Poweranger Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No tank removal needed. It really is a quick and easy install. It takes a little wiggling, pushing, and prodding, to get the pre-filter seated properly in the air box but other than that it's a piece of cake.
  10. orv

orv Busted butt Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks a bunch! You are definitely in for a beer or two if I see you!:clap
  11. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Shipped out filters today for:

BryanCo
    Mckay
    Kowalski

Bryan and Mckay, I apologize for the delay.

Does anyone know Wandering Dane??? He ordered and confirmed two filters and I can not get a hold of him. If anyone knows him please let him know he needs to claim these filters with a payment or at least get in touch with me. I am expecting two checks in the mail any day now for two guys with confirmed filters. The only two filters left "belong" to Wandering Dane, for the time being. TekurRides lays claim to one of those, should they become available. Another guy wants to get one on the next group buy, which I told him I would not be organizing. He "may" lay claim to the other. The filters are almost gone and I am going to go do some stalking to see if Wandering Dane is traveling, sold his Tiger,etc.
  12. Wandering Dane

Wandering Dane We are the luckiest guys Supporter

Oddometer:
    Paypal sent for one filter, leaving one for somebody else. So sorry to be holding up the works, been out of touch.

WD
  13. Too Tall

Too Tall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just arrived home today and the pre-filter was waiting in the mail box. Thanks again.
  14. BryanCO

BryanCO CO Rider

Oddometer:

No worries. Thanks!
  15. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    I shipped out the last four filters a couple of days ago and now the second group buy is officially over. For those folks looking to get one of these filters, which everyone with a Tiger should, you should consider doing a third group buy. It may take some time to build up some more interest, but it is really easy to do and I am willing to give you some tips. I have not had time to look at all of the numbers, but I am pretty sure the "beer/thanks for the effort money" actually piad all or nearly all of both of my filters. Thanks again to those who spared some extra cash. It added up and made this time well spent.
  16. ilbiker

ilbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your welcome and we appreciated your effort. Well deserved gift from all of us... :)
  17. mr.joke

mr.joke Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hello !!
    Do you know if the prefilter can fit with the non-XC version ? :deal

18. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Yes. UNI makes one filter and it works with all Tiger 800's to date.
  19. RedBean25

RedBean25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah. I always miss the good stuff. I'll wait to see if another group buy is run. Not sure I have time to organize it myself though. I can wait.
  20. InTheLoo

InTheLoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I missed the boat on the generosity offered by those organizing the prior group buys and it looks like current interest has fizzled since everyone and their brother went for it on the last go!

Instead, I ordered direct to Arizona from Unifilter Australia for a grand total of $39.50 AUD ($36.20 USD plus $1.09 [3%] fee levied by my credit card.)

I just wanted to let others know of option B that's a few dollars more. This post isn't intended to undermine the generosity and effort of those who had organized group buys or those who might in the future! :beer

A pre-filter seems like necessity for a desert rider or anyone else throwing up plumes of dust.