Tony Kirby Memorial ride 2013

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Oldfatbeerman, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    [FONT=&quot]Cut and pasted from the Dalby Moto Newsletter . :clap

TK RIDE.16,17,18 August 2013 at Kenilworth, Meet at Kenilworth on Friday 16 August for meet, greet and drinks, and then a corner-man ride departing from the Kenilworth Hotel at 9 AM on Saturday 17 Aug, with riders departing for home on Sunday. For those that want to see more of Qld, and take in a variety of top riding, there will be an option of a lead 3 day corner-man ride by myself from Kenilworth to Kroombit Tops to see the World War II plane wreck, with a return ride taking in a variety of range and mildly outback tracks to finish at Dalby, from where riders returning south can take a variety of different routes from Dalby. This will depend on interested parties letting Craig know by email to chartley@dalbymoto.com.au about interest in the extra 3 day ride after Kenilworth. Thinking about it more, it is a top ride. The Boulder Brothers have done a little bit of it, so ask them if you want assurance.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Accommodation and camping is available in Kenilworth, the Kenilworth Hotel has approx 11 rooms and 30 beds and can be contacted on 0754460206, this is where we will have evening meals and after ride drinks. The Showgrounds are approx 500 metres south of the pub and is a great campground with toilets, hot showers and they allow fires and all on good grass. Breakfasts are available at a variety of cafes in Kenilworth main street between the pub and the showgrounds. If you really want more accommodation, there are a couple of places 1 km out of town. Fuel is available opposite the pub.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hopefully we’ll see you for the Tony Kirby ride.[/FONT]
  2. philth

philth www.motorbikin.com.au

Oddometer:
    good stuff!
  3. Jono660

Jono660 Yamafied

Oddometer:
    Plenty of time to organise the leave pass. Plus the extra ride heading north.:D
  4. Gordonktm

Gordonktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is plenty of time to organise a leave pass only for me the days for clash with Vietnam Veterans day.
  5. MymoJoe

MymoJoe Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer:
    Fernvale QLD not close enough to the desert
    I have saved this date in the calendar...

Reckon I will be all over it!!

Joe
  6. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    I'm booked in, see you there.
  7. TB650

TB650 An average punter living the dream

Oddometer:

Thanks for that Al, room booked

TB
  8. Oldfatbeerman

Oddometer:
    I have managed to get my annual leave rescheduled to coincide with this ride , I am intending on leaving Newcastle on the Monday previous and making my way North via the Great Dividing Range fire trails , tracks and dirt roads to be in Kenilworth on the Friday arvo for the meet and greet .

Willing to have up to 6 others tag along on this pre ride ride , should you so wish to do so ( tag along ) let me know , so accommodation and the like can be sorted out to suit all tastes :evil. No big rush to get sorted but would want it all sorted out by mid June at the latest for smooth running of the ride and ride planning .

Cheers Alan
  9. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    There are 5 of us, same mob as last year to Walcha, heading north and I've started on route planning. Whether we hook up, or just share some routes would be good. I downloaded a pile of tracks from http://transaustraliatrail.com.au/tracks#content that will help me up around the border through to Kenilworth and with last year's TK ride and our run to Tea Gardens I figure I can put something useful together. We want to take 2 days to get Newcastle way this time instead of the 1 day last time so we can do Kowmung etc. If we leave Sat am that gets us up your way Sun evening.
  10. Oldfatbeerman

Oddometer:

Sounds good to me :clap , I have a pretty good knowledge of the good stuff between here and Grafton after riding with John and Boris a few ( :evil:evil) times over the last 6 years or so , I have also been doing some exploring recently around here abouts and have found some magic stuff to add into the already known tracks to make a trip North a lot more interesting and enjoyable due to cutting out lots of main Road / Highway sections between Raymond Terrace and Gloucester :D . As always though , you need time on your side to do the good fun bits and link them all up .:1drink

Looking forward to it ....... Are you doing the Kowen ride Steve ( DSMRA ) , I should catch up with you there if you are , I am intending to get there for it .

Cheers Alan
  11. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    I'm planning to head for the Flinders Classic this year. Same weekend unfortunately. I've done the Kowen since inception and will likely be there helping cutting and marking tracks again too beforehand. The riding tends to be better before the mob turns up too, but you get that. But its all dependant on some anticipated knee surgery ASAP, so gotta sort that first before committing to anything too soon.

Kowen is great riding, if you like gnarly singletrack in the forest, and who doesn't?
  12. james928

james928 oohh sidestand!!

Oddometer:
    Right, get the flaming bathrooms done and I'm in. Now just need, swag, luggage, new rear tyre, baggage racks and some snakes.:rofl:rofl
  13. Meico640

Meico640 Banned

Oddometer:
    Yes ..... SNAKES !!!!
  14. james928

james928 oohh sidestand!!

Oddometer:
    Snakes are the bomb
  15. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Bump :D
  16. Oldfatbeerman

Oddometer:
    About time something went bump in the night :eek1 . :lol3

I have Tuesday nights accom booked in Dorrigo , still looking at Monday night as the accom will depend on the route , the route will depend on the weather , sorta makes it difficult to book with that limiting factor so I am looking at another route a fair bit less weather dependent but am having trouble reconciling the leaving out of a couple of magic places , tearing me up inside it is :cry .

:freaky
  17. philth

philth www.motorbikin.com.au

Oddometer:
    dont worry
    its all under control
    we got a bit sidetracked when lead rider hartley ruptured his pelvis
    [​IMG]
  18. Rumble

Rumble Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be there :evil
  19. medicmick

medicmick Spike

Oddometer:
    Farmer Hodgens is that the Ebor Pub Dorm?
  20. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    Well it's not the Wollomombi pub...