Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    Mischa's tracker doesn't yet reflect this. Regardless, AWESOME NEWS! :clap:clap:clap

F5ontman strikes again [​IMG]
  2. Spark Plug

Spark Plug Low on compression

Oddometer:

Way to go Lyndon!!! :clap
  3. Evil Invader

Evil Invader Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    F5ank You!!! :freaky

:D
  4. Evil Invader

Evil Invader Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Funny both Pyn and Si Pavey still at wp9 at dakar.com.......:puke1
  5. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    I was too hasty on reading the Dakar tracker, so removed the #38. It may be even better. :deal
  6. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice going pyn :clap

now for another long liaison....
  7. cyborg

Oddometer:
  8. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cyril:

The bike race isn't just about strategy. It's also about rally-raid sport: we've just rode 440 km. I was feeling good on the first section, where there was quite a bit of navigation. Afterwards, I saw that I'd got some time back on Chaleco and that he wasn't going to disappear into the distance over 140 km. So I thought I had better be careful with the engine. Since I ate quite a bit of dust in the morning, I preferred to make sure and take it easy. For Ruben, we tried our best! In his defence, the navigation wasn't that easy in the morning. There were two or three tricky bits of reading to select the right track. As for celebrating, we still have 220 kilometres to the bivouac today and with 690 km tomorrow, it's not going to be a walk in the park…

dakar com
  9. Jurassic

Jurassic Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. cyborg

Oddometer:
    Manny is not yet through WP10 and Luis on the way to WP8.

GO MANNY and LUIS!!!!:pynd
  11. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    CHALECO FESTIVAL!

The day before the finish in Santiago, "Chaleco" Lopez put in a first-class performance between Copiapo and La Serena to pick up his 4th stage victory in 2013 and more importantly to move into 2nd place in the general standings at the expense of Ruben Faria.

On home soil, it is well known that Francisco “Chaleco” Lopez is formidable. As proof, out of his 6 victories on the Dakar before this 35th edition, four of the triumphs were obtained in Chile. The motivation of national pride was all the stronger today since at the start of the 13th stage, the country's idol was in a position to grab 2nd place in the general standings. Taking advantage of being the seventh rider to start, Chaleco let rip over the 380-km of the day's special to leave the stopwatch smoking and pick up his 4th stage victory on the Dakar 2013 and his 10th overall in his career on the event… as well as his 6th on his native Chilean soil. At the finishing line, the Tamarugal Honda rider beat Frenchman Cyril Despres, 2nd today, by 5'25. He also put 5'29" between himself and Portugal's Paulo Gonçalves, but most significantly beat Portuguese rider Ruben Faria, who finished in only 15th place today, by 14'27.

As a result, in the general standings, whilst Cyril Despres remains solidly in the lead, he witnessed "Chaleco" moving into 2nd place, 8'15 behind him, whilst Ruben Faria, the title holder's water carrier, fell back into 3rd, 10'04 in front of Ivan Jakes.

dakar com
  12. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    KC has still not reached WP12. I hope that he's able to nurse things along to reach the ASS, and can band-aid up to finish tomorrow.

Where's the "spanner" emoticon?
  13. cyborg

Oddometer:
  14. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's me for the night, midnight here and been up since 5 - good luck with the stragglers & hang in there Many, nearly done and that finish line is one day away :beer zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  15. silentwolf

silentwolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It probably posted and dissapeared in the F5lood... I think things need to die down a little from 2013, but PM me.
  16. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Barreda

It was easy to get lost today

It was a long stage. On the first part there was a lot of navigation. Verhoeven and Faria set out to attack and I tried to follow them. I stayed with them for a while, but then I saw I should be taking it a bit more calmly, to avoid making a navigation error. I managed to reach the refuelling point opening the way. After refuelling, I set off in front with Hélder, but he took an off-track direction which wasn't the right one. I saw that it wasn't the right way, so I headed further to the right. I saw that Chaleco was there and he was moving at a good pace. It was a good stage, but quite complicated and it was easy to get lost today.

dakar com
  17. silentwolf

silentwolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to note, I've had a lot of 'Pyn in the Ass' today but Lyndon Poskitt wasn't one of them.

Until Now!

:clap:rayof:clap:wings:clap:wings:clap:wings:clap:wings:clap
  18. frostyuk

frostyuk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    no updates from boundsy in a while been a long time since wp9:huh
  19. practicalshooter

practicalshooter Posteriophobiac

Oddometer:
    :freaky:freaky:freaky:lol3
  20. cyborg