World's Best Ear Plugs for Riding

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by World'sBestEarPlugs, Feb 19, 2011.

1. boxermoose

boxermoose Regressive airhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
  2. Budo675

Budo675 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I found it to be pretty good.

Pros:
    - Good sound blocking (not the best in my opinion though)
    - Comfortable when you get used to it. It's not like you put it on and you instantly forget about it, but it is much easier to forget about it than the typical inside the ear canal plugs.
    - Doesn't get as waxy/dirty (unless you drop it) since not as much of the plug sits inside your ear canal.

Cons:
    - Kind of a pain to get on, not as quick as your typical earplugs. This translates into being inconvenient for short around town runs, but would be worth while for longer (1 hour+ rides).
    - Really sticky so if you drop it on the ground a lot of crap sticks straight to it and it's pretty hard to get everything off. This translates as being a little yucky for someone that's borderline germophobic like me.
    - Kind of expensive (although the initial cost would probably be made up in the long run).
  3. Bill 310

Bill 310 Poser Emeritus Supporter

Oddometer:
    Check your PM's

4. World'sBestEarPlugs

World'sBestEarPlugs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it. Anyone else have any feedback to report or want to weigh in?
  5. cazboy

cazboy Ferdinand the bull

Oddometer:

i ordered a sample pak late last night and recieved an email this morning indicating that i entered my card number wrong. i emailed back the right number but have yet to be notified back or called. should i re order though the website or wait for an email?
  6. World'sBestEarPlugs

Oddometer:
    I'd suggest calling just to make sure everything gets sorted out. The number is 800-226-1884 or (541)-552-0366. You can leave a message, or just call back on Monday when the office is open. Once you receive your sample plugs don't forget to let us know how you like 'em too.

Thanks.
  7. Speedster

Speedster Gizmo Slut

Oddometer:
    I finally got a chance to try them - love them. I think they seal and keep sound out better than foamies and regular silicon plugs. They are easier for me to get a good seal than either of those. I won't use anything else now. I haven't tried them with earbuds, don't know if I will, but me likey. I linked this thread to our local happenings.

Speedster
  8. VFR

VFR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a sample & two-pack. Here's hoping they work as well as others say they do.
  9. World'sBestEarPlugs

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the positive reviews, and thanks to everyone who placed new orders recently. Any other first-time users have any feedback to add? How do our ear plugs stack up against whatever you were using before with regard to comfort and noise attenuation?
  10. LPC

LPC ******

Oddometer:
    Just ordered two travel packs. I'll be using them on a 5 day trip from SoCal to Moab, UT (in two weeks). I'll give feed back when I return.

Thanks,
  11. World'sBestEarPlugs

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much to all of you for the recent batch of orders. As always, we'd be really grateful to hear your feedback.

Also, I think I've gotten back to most of you who have been PMing about bulk orders, but if I missed anyone or if anyone was interested and didn't ask, I started a separate thread about discounted bulk pricing here a few weeks ago:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671395

Thanks again everyone, we're loving the positive feedback! Also, a special thank you to those of you who have been kind enough to post reviews on your websites-- we can't even begin to tell you how grateful we are. Please know how much we appreciate that. And don't be shy about telling your friends and bike shops about us-- if we hit our sales goals for the second quarter I might be able to convince my bosses to lower prices again :freaky
  12. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Feral Chia Tamer

Oddometer:
    I just ordered the sample pack. I'll post my results.

Are they Blueberry or Grape flavor?
  13. Stegerman

Stegerman MotoOCD sufferer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a sample and a personal pack. I have small ear canals that aren't deep either and have a hard time finding earbuds that will actually stay in my ears. I am very hopeful these will work.
  14. JDLuke

JDLuke Ravening for delight

Oddometer:
    That's one of the beauties of this system. First of all they don't get inserted into the canal, but rest in the outer ear. Second, they're a putty-like material, so even if your ears are really, REALLY small, you can just pull off the amount you need. One plug is plenty for me to fill both my ears.
  15. XFanMan

XFanMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered the sample pack and the 6 pack a month or two ago and promised a review. Now that I have some experience with them I think I can do it justice.

I was originally worried about them being "too" soft but now that I've lived with them for awhile I don't think that will be a problem, at least not until the hotter summer months which at the moment seem like they'll never be seen in Michigan again! These mold to my ear very easily (they are super soft remember) and provide a great seal once I seat them firmly in my outer ear canal. I roll them into a dull cone shape so that a little bit goes into my ear canal but not so much that I'm worried about having to dig it out of my ears should a piece come loose. Then I firmly push the material into the outer area of my ear canal paying particular attention to sealing the edges. So far this works perfectly even when putting my helmets on and off I haven't broken the seal (unlike with my ear buds or a variety of other foam plugs I've used) yet.

SUPER comfortable once in and I quickly forget they are there. Even the softest foam plugs irritate me eventually during a long day of riding but these are about as inconspicuous as they get.

Once installed they do a great job of blocking sound while still being able to hear the things you NEED to hear. Since my ears are not OSHA calibrated I'll just say these rank up there with the quietest ear plugs I've used of any variety.

Many people have mentioned the negative of installation time being slower. In my experience I find it equal to and often faster than my normal foam type ear plugs. Reason being, one of my ears seems to have a smaller canal or an odd angle to it and I have the damnest time getting an ear plug in that ear. Since these don't really go "in" my ear canal, I'm much more likely to get a good seal the first time I insert them as opposed to an awkward misinsertion with repeated attempts and sometimes I just say screw it and live with it inserted improperly after I take off and hear it's not in correctly. Especially when riding in a group I can't just pull over after we take off to reinsert my plugs and I can't always tell until I'm riding if they are in perfectly.

If you do drop these as many other people have mentioned these will pick up a fair amount of road grunge depending on what surface you drop them on. Best to carry a spare with you "just in case".

All in all a big :clap from me. These will replace all my foams except my earbuds when I want to listen to music. Great Product!
  16. txrider2

txrider2 Hug the road

Oddometer:
    I have used these beewax earplugs for a while now. My last experience wasn't that great... I wore these for > 4 hrs straight in 85-95°F sunny weather. I was hot and sweating in my helmet. Once stopped for lunch, I took these out of my ears... Well I tried. Since the wax got warm, it felt like they were melted. I couldn't pull the entire plug out in one piece since they were extremely soft and pieces of the wax stayed behind in my ear. While I could clean the outer part and cavities of my ears myself, some wax ended up inside my ear canal. Using Q-tips made it worse, as the wax was pushed further inside the ear canal instead of coming out. I had to seek professional medical help to get my ears washed out. Needless to say, I won't be using these again.
  17. World'sBestEarPlugs

Oddometer:
    I'm so sorry to hear about that-- in fifteen years of business and after having sold tens of thousands of these ear plugs, I'm tremendously sorry to be hearing about your exceptionally rare experience.

This is probably a good time to remind everyone (again) to make sure to read and follow the directions we've included on the packaging. Our ear plugs are designed to rest predominantly outside of your outer ear, with a small portion filling and blocking the initial part of the ear canal. They should NOT be pushed in as far as you can get them like traditional foam plugs. Our ear plugs are not meant to be inserted that way at all. Please, please read the directions.

Despite all this, we're happy to keep hearing such overwhelmingly positive feedback from so many inmates and we're so happy to be able to serve your needs. Thank you all so much, as always.
  18. Spartandude

Spartandude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Before you read my review I have a caveat; I am really, really picky on ear plugs.

What I have tried before:

32 dB hearos foam ear plug; adequate for one or two insertions.
    28dB army issue three flanged; crap, hurts my ears and doesn't block enough sound.
    32 dB EAR classic. My favorite, no discomfort (to me) and the best attenuation I have found. Only good for 2 to 3 insertions before a noticeable decrease in performance so I replace them 5 times a week, which gets old and I have to bring extra pairs per day on day trips.
    +$100 custom molded ear plugs. Tried two different companies, multiple remakes for both companies; open jaw, closed jaw and really open jaw. No good. The plugs would tease me with amazing attenuation when I pressed in and mechanically sealed it against my ear and crap attenuation when I stopped pressing.

So my search continued and I saw this thread. I am glad I only spent the $4 on the trial pack. It just isn't for me. They have much better attenuation than the mil issue plugs, about the same as the Hearos and less attenuation than the EAR classics. It takes me longer to put them in and the feel is odd. I could have gotten used to them, but the attenuation was less than the EAR classics.

Overall I am not going to go with them, but they would rank the second best ear plugs I have ever used and they are reusable. I will keep my trial pair on the bike for emergency use, but I am going to continue using the EAR classics. Thank you for a good product and a reliable back up.

Remember YMMV.
  19. bigalsmith101

bigalsmith101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    And the same plugs I started with are the ones I'll be using tomorrow.

I left Seattle on April 2nd, and am in the Yucatan Peninsula now. I wear these ear plugs every single day that I am on the road, and often when I'm sleeping as well.

I've gotten the insertion and removal of the plugs down to a science, and keep them in an old contact case, to keep them separate. (I read of another inmate doing this and took heed)

I gave a pair to my riding partner Tom, and he uses them even more often then I do.

The last 3 days in a row have had us on the bikes for over 5 hours each day, in temps starting at 80 degrees and sometimes reaching past 100.

We haven't had any problems yet.

Excellent product.

When my girlfriend flies down to visit, she'll be bringing multiple pairs with her to replace my used but fully serviceable pair.

Thanks for an excellent product.

--Alex
  20. World'sBestEarPlugs

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much for the incredible review, and please forgive me for taking awhile to respond (I've been out of town for a bit). By chance would you permit us to post your testimonial on our website? Also, if anyone else would like their review posted please let me know. Thanks again.