Creemore area DS tracks

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Zed1k, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Zed1k

Zed1k 7 o'clock... DOH!

Oddometer:
    I know this is GPS related but more relevant people lurk here.

Does anyone have some good "off the beaten path" tracks to and around Creemore? Willing to share???
    I remember reading here and on another 'Ontario DS' forum of a number of guys suggesting and going to Creemore area for good DS riding.
    I'm looking to plan some rides now while I have time.

Thanks all.

-Zed1k
  2. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
  3. Zed1k

Zed1k 7 o'clock... DOH!

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I did download that a while ago but to my recollection the tracks were not named and were just numbers. ...I'm a newb so I could be missing something. Also when I looked there weren't really any up in creemore area. Lots of good ones around Peterborough.
  4. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    You're right... I have a limited amount of GPS datum for the Creemore area.

I'll be honest with you... there's some nice stuff there - I can think of 2-3 routes in particular, but you're better off heading East (if you're planning for a weekend worth of riding). Specifically, just north of Bobcaygeon and all the way East towards North of Kingston.
  5. MTRhead

MTRhead HOLYSHIFT!!!

Oddometer:
    Lost in the woods of Muskoka, formerly GTA
    I think i still might have some tracks from the area that i rode last year, some good riding.
    I'll check and get back to you.
  6. RumRunner

Oddometer:
    Most of the riding in the Creemore area is unopened road allowances as there is no crown land and the Dufferin County forest is off limits to offroad vehicles. Some of the road allowances in the area are excellent. Start in Hockley Valley and ride the 5th, 4th, 3rd lines North. Many dead end, some make it through, some are tough for bigger adv bikes. Best to explore the area as many of us ride them from experience as opposed to GPS.

Maybe Paydirt could pipe in as he lives in Hockley.

DW
  7. Pay Dirt

Pay Dirt panning the web

Oddometer:
    It is said that sometimes the locals miss the obviuos!,Rummer,you probably know this area(Mono) as well as anyone.I would add that the 15th sideroad between the 3rd line and Airport takes you through some great gravel twisties and some quassi (muddy,sandy,tight)off road stuff.I must admit that i have been riding in low memory mode and with my back to the sun for so long that many of my rides come off as new over and over!!!.When Sue asks where did i go the answer is usually north,east or west(rarley south)!!!!.:bmwrider
    PD
  8. RumRunner

Oddometer:
    Ya, but I bet you could find every local fishing hole with a blindfold on:lol3

DW
  9. Pay Dirt

Pay Dirt panning the web

Oddometer:
    Did somebody say FISHIN?!!!:rolleyes
    PD
  10. hdsmiley

hdsmiley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I understand that Simcoe county forest is available, I believe its west of Barrie. Must be a OFTR member. I belong to the ODSC and ride out of the Paisley area. I have a plated KLX450R.
  11. Zed1k

Zed1k 7 o'clock... DOH!

Oddometer:
    Yeah I usually ride by feel too.... same as I tell my wife "east, west" etc.
    ...Picked up a 60cx so thought it could lead a horse err KLR to water then we can play from there.

Some good starting points so far.