Best touring seat xr650r

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by sunnybandit, Jul 9, 2013.

1. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    That mileage sucks, 43-50mpg is pretty normal when dual sporting the xrr. Sea level is closer to 43 and at alt it'll get closer to 50. Check out the seat concepts cover & foam. I put one on my 525 and just did a 500 mi ride, its wider toward the back and fairly comfortable.
  2. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a Renazco on my XRR and love it. I also have another bike with a Seat Concepts and it is great too, especially for the price. I hate Corbins, they weigh more than 2 stock seats!
  3. Jayrod1318

Jayrod1318 Poster

Oddometer:
    Looking to get a seat concepts, lots of positive reviews. inexpensive

I run the stock carb 165 main, 65s, stock gearing, I get 50mpg most trips.
  4. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    +1 seat concepts ...........suade cover ..worth the extra coin :D
    just about to head off on a 5,000 mile ride .....the seat has done this several times and I can sit on it all day long
  5. sintax

sintax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think I would have opt'd for the suede seat cover if it was offered when I bought mine. I always heard its not practical, but Fawk practical =)
  6. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state Supporter

Oddometer:
    i wanted to get a Rez' seat, way backed up so I went with Rick mayer, build to order, he wants input and pics of you on the bike, had built slightly wider in ass area, flat deck, really well made, well worth the $, shipped on time. 300 mi FS road days no problem. i have a re' seat on my DRZ I really like it.
  7. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Goina do the seat concepts due to timing and good reviews. My bike runs really freaking good, has about 8kmi on it and the valves are adjusted? The intake was alittle loose towards the end of my last ride, could that be my gas mileage issue? Curious about how to get 45-50 mpg, that sounds great!!!

Matt

MSE mobile
  8. mookybird

mookybird Gramps

Oddometer:
    I'm a little new to the 650r, my mileage seems to be about 39 mpg so far running 60 to 65

I ran a multiday 5000 mile ride on an xr4 last fall with a stock seat and I was comfortable and I just walked in from 155 miler on the 650r and it felt great as well.

Years ago I bicycle toured enough to know how important wearing the right unders are, I use and really like the troy lee 7705's. During my xr4 ride last fall I had a couple of days that were over 105 and I tried riding without them and within 50 miles I knew if I continued without them I would pay big time in the coming days, somewhat like bad blisters on a multiday walk.

They are also armored, not a lot of armor but way more than none. Now and again I get the tt540 out and ride ovals and have been off a couple of times pretty hard and I think the hip/thigh protection they offer has been useful.
  9. poppy

poppy Slow and Steady

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to using the seat concepts seat. Feels pretty good so far.

Suede belongs on the elbows of your jacket Sean-0.
    [​IMG]
  10. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    And that bike belongs on the dirt ......not your bike stand in the shed :D
  11. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bought seat concepts. Kicking myself for not getting the gripper cover. [​IMG]

MSE mobile
  12. sunnybandit

sunnybandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thats what i figured. I wear 1 suit vs many moto pants so, that was my incentive. Going to put some grippy stuff on tank should be the ticket

MSE mobile