MotoGP: Gaul (Cheese-Eating Surrender Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, May 13, 2014.

1. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rossi is hunting Marquez. He has spent more time close to him at race pace than anyone else. He is looking for a chink in the armor. If he finds it will he be able to do anything with it? I for one find this prospect exciting.

For those who said Rossi is done what say ye now? He's smiling after the races and having a blast chasing Marquez. I believe the real competition has invigorated him. I believe he likes Marky too. Their racing is healthy competition.
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    :huh:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
  3. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rossi better look quick if he is actually looking. MM put 1/2 second in 1/2 lap on VR after Marquez passed him yesterday- MM was gone.

Right now NOBODY can hang with the kid...........
  4. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    Nobody Marquez went by had anything for him. Bradl had a peek when MM was held a little but never really had a chance. Rossi would have been passed at the Dunlop Chicane/passing lane if he had not run wide when he did. Running wide, meant he had zero chance at coming back.
    If he could.
    Moo Jell-O should be fun.:clap
  5. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    IF there is a rider, who can bring it to Marquez in the foreseeable future, it is Rossi. And these two don't mind close combat. Mugello will be interesting.
  6. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That Rossi is smiling these days is perhaps evidence that he is a better, more rounded person than the average GOAT candidate. It's nice to see. But the idea that he's somehow stalking Marquez in preparation for his big assault? Ah . . . no. :lol3 Racing isn't complicated. You go fast, finish ahead of the other guy. Rossi isn't fast enough to beat Marquez. Otherwise, he would, see?
  7. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    Purely as a thought experiment, what if Rossi was riding that Honda and Marquez was on the Yamaha? Same result?
  8. mpower13

mpower13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rossi is hunting Marq. Now will he get his game? Probably not, but he is still hunting. Rossi is the only guy on the grid that seems to be trying and even talking about mixing it up with Marq. Rossi was close at Qatar and there are a couple of other tracks on the calender where Rossi can put up a fight.
  9. 5th-Elefant

5th-Elefant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rossi has been slower than Pedrosa for years. Get him to swap bikes with Pedrosa and my guess is he'd go slower.
  10. misanthropic

misanthropic Zero

Oddometer:
    Moto 3 was epic. Looks like Jack Miller has got the goods.
  11. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Brutally simple. :D

The hopes and dreams of the race fans. Rossi is washed up, no wait, he's got a chance, wait!, the magic is back, he's got that voodoo head magic working. :lol3

The reality as this race fan sees it.
    Nobody has a thing for Marquez at this point.

While Rossi was in Ducati wasteland people forgot how good he really is.

Lorenzo has a lot on his plate. Rossi is back and beating him. He thought that was behind him. Marquez is way inside his head.

Pedrosa has peaked. This is as fast as he can go. It's too bad it's faster than most but still not fast enough.

Will A. Espargo live up to his potential? I hope.

I really would like to see Marquez run the table this season. When Spencer took the double championship I was a pretty new race fan and dind't really appreciate watching that kind of history. Now I do.
  12. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Out qualifies 2nd by .7, then only half that much between the next 10 bikes?! Rides through from 10th like he going through back markers!? That is not just the bike, that is total domination, he should be wearing a fucking cape!?! :eek1
  13. misanthropic

misanthropic Zero

Oddometer:
    I never thought I would say it but Moto 2 is turning out to be snoozefest this year.
  14. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm glad my favorite Mika Kallio has taken a second consecutive victory, and must be making Rabat a tiny bit worried ATM.. But yes, somehow Moto2 is not like the past few years. So far.. There's still more than 10 races to go, I'm sure it will ignite.
  15. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree- a couple years back it was THE race. Now Moto3 and MGP are way more interesting.

Maybe it will improve once Miller gets there.
  16. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I think the problem is that we lost a couple of guys to motogp and then a few others (Nak, Lut, Zar) that were front runners last year have fallen off the pace and Salom and Vinales are not quite consistent enough yet though very fast so there are less people fighting for the the race lead. I think moto2 will improve as the year goes on, taking the opposite course of motogp.

I agree with the sentiment about Jack MIller as well. That dude is the real deal, full stop.
  17. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    What you guys see as Rossi smiling, I see as him baring his fangs.

Like any alpha dog, he will submit to the big dog until he sees a weakness. Marquez is the same. Behind the smiles and laughs is a psychopathic serial killer who will slit your throat the moment he thinks he can.

Then they will laugh and smile; "did you see how I slit your throat? Was so funny (for me)." :rofl

With Rossi, he only really let that out with Sete, Max, and Casey.
  18. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    Sad part about Miller is he may be the fast guy at the wrong time. with the way seats are going up the hill, he moves to Moto2 for a year, then what? Customer Honda? Yamaha at Tech3? I'd bet Yamaha will be looking hard for the next MM to capture under their banner with no championships since MM showed up.
    Moto3 is the best of the tree races so far. even with Miller winning. He came from way back to pull it off Sunday when I figured he was done for the day.
    Those boys scare the heck out of me. :lol3

Kind of fun watching with the just the ambient sound. Forces me to pay attention. I almost nodded off while watching moto2. Though it was warm and I had just finished up a hard cycling workout. I switched to just the ambient and that forced me to stay awake.
  19. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    moto3 was just utterly brilliant racing from start to flag.
  20. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    Miller will hit MotoGP at the earliest in 2017. Just in time for Rossi to hang up his helmet and leave a seat open at Yamaha ...