April 17, 2013 - Helsingborg - Sweden

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Charlyno, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Charlyno

Charlyno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Malmö - Sweden...but i'm from Sicilien !! Italy :)
    Hello guys

Finally a beautiful spring day. Bright sunshine and a temperature of around 15 degrees. And 'more than a month that the bike is in the garage for the vagaries of the weather, but today is your day! Destination Helsingborg. I walk with confidence 75 km separating from Malmö this beautiful city, leading to the magnificent Stortorget. Every year this city pass about 15 million passengers between Sweden and Denmark, but many do not stop, even though the city offers many attractions. Parking the bike just in front of the picturesque Råshuset in neo-Gothic style in 1897 that ended with the towers characterizes the whole square. A stairway leads to the Kärnan, the tower that once formed the core of a powerful medieval castle became a possession during the seventeenth-century Swedish and Swedish-Danish war destroyed at the end of the conflict. From its 34 meters you can enjoy a splendid view over the city and the Danish coast where stands the beautiful castle of Kronborg in the town of Helsingor. A nice park surrounding the tower, with large trees and gardens. Riscendo the stairs and walk straight into Mariakyrkan built in Gothic style around the turn of the fifteenth century. Pretty rooms where features a magnificent triptych of 1450, an elaborate and richly decorated pulpit of extraordinary beauty. From the church through some of the beautiful pedestrian streets of the city, where you can meet many restaurants, pubs and ancient half-timbered houses dating from the fifteenth century, until reaching the complex Dunkers Kulturhus right by the sea on the opposite side of the terminal where you set up a beautiful museum in the city and numerous exhibitions. The area is very stylish and well kept and offers glimpses of the city really beautiful. In view of the beautiful sunny day I take this opportunity to have lunch at a restaurant with a beautiful terrace overlooking the sea right in front of the terminal. After a coffee back on my bike and headed for the area north of the city, along the coast until you reach the small town of Hittarp with its picturesque windmill. From here I return home. At the next
    ALL PICS HERE
    http://www.francescoinviaggio.it/RIEPILOGO SVEZIA ON THE ROAD/SVEZIA ON THE ROAD 2013.htm[/url]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Rutabaga

Rutabaga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tour on such a beautiful day.
  3. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is a area I have only been to for a day and it looks like I need to spend more time there. Thanks for sharing, weather looked great, for this time of year.
  4. Manneman

Manneman Polarbear

Oddometer:
    My hometown!

I'm probably to much use to it to see all the beautyness.

On the other hand I dream of going to Italy!:D

The town itself celebrated its 900 years of excistense in 1985 based on its furst mentioning in a letter from an archbishop but when new pipes where dug down in the central city, archeologists found remnants of stoneaxes, arrowheads and wooden houses dating 5000 years old or more.
    In real life the city is spoken of as one of the oldest in northern Europe.

To find stoneage remnants one must go just south of the city in the village of Glumslöv where there is lots of stoneage graves and remnants.
  5. Braapncamp

Braapncamp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your fantastic photo's makes me proud of Sweden! You seems to have an eye for the beautiful.