Countersteering confusion : (

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by IrishJohn, Dec 30, 2012.

1. shaddix

shaddix Banned

Oddometer:
    So, I have a nephew who says he turns his bike by hitting his knees into the tank. He is countersteering somehow of course, but doesn't know it. Do you think with enough seat time of smashing knees into the tank he will be Ok on deal's gap?
  2. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    I don't think you're understanding what he's trying to say. I don't. Maybe you should get a bike and try it. He's probably better than Philby though.:rofl
  3. shaddix

shaddix Banned

Oddometer:
    But what's the answer to my question? Pushing your knees into the tank is a common statement from people that do not understand countersteering. Granted he said smashing or hitting when he was describing it to me. He doesn't consciously press the bars for sure. Do you think with another 10,000 miles of seat time, just smashing knees into the tank, he will be able to corner just like someone who has taken the BRC?
  4. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure he's not hitting the tank with his knees , he proably means pushing. Maybe he just can't say what he's doing properly. He may ride well , maybe even better than yourself. Just because you don't understand what he's trying to say doesn't make him a dumbass.
  5. bumbeen

bumbeen Banned

Oddometer:
    You are an idiot, just sayin.
  6. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    Takes one to know one , just sayin.:lol3
  7. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're wrong on so many levels it's hard to know where to start, but this is as good as any.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/786/9...e/2011-World-Superbike-Donington-Insider.aspx

To wit: The battle for second place was an intense one with Aprilia rider, Leon Camier, shrugging off the effects of glandular fever to battle hard with Race 1 winner, Melandri, for the final two places on the podium. In the end Melandri won but it was still Camier’s first WSB podium since August of 2010. After thanking the team he heaped praise on his riding coach, Keith Code, who had been in his garage and watching trackside all weekend.
  8. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    Ok , point made. What are so many of the other levels?
  9. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bet they got hung up on push left to go left. I'm sure Leon was all like, "push what left, can't I just turn by leaning?".
  10. farmerstu

farmerstu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    time to cut your losses joexr
  11. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    I wasn't trying to win anything.
  12. davidbeinct

davidbeinct Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Honest question here. What is it you are trying to do?

David B.
  13. kilroy1

kilroy1 was here!

Oddometer:
    You know what is funny here? You have somebody from Florida trying to school somebody from New Hampshire on how to turn a bike. :huh

Damn you got like two turns in Florida, north or south and it's flat as a pancake. What back ground do you have to say how to turn a bike? Take a damn pill, sit back and listen you might learn something.

Geez, take a good topic for a thread and completely shit on it because you just have to be right, dumbass key board jockey take your fuckin' ego somewhere else.

Kilroy
  14. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    I haven't always lived in Florida and do you mean to tell me you've never been out of state? And I've raced every form of racing there is except for ice and speedway. :deal How about you? Yeah , that's what I thought. .
  15. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Long timer

Oddometer:
    You should go down to the car tire thread. They're looking for people to race.
  16. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    You should kiss my ass.
  17. davidbeinct

davidbeinct Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    joexr, you might have missed my question a couple posts up, what with all the witty banter, so I'll ask it again. What is it you are trying to accomplish here. You said your're not trying to "win anything." What are you trying to do? I'm asking this sincerely. I hope you can see this post before more banter sidetracks my question.

David B.
  18. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    I , like several other people , was merely trying to say that if you're on two wheels , you are already countersteering. If anybody can go 20 feet and not fall or put their foot down , they're countersteering. But apparently this is untrue if the rider didn't read it in a book.
  19. kilroy1

kilroy1 was here!

Oddometer:
    Well damn aren't you the pinnacle of riders. You taught yourself all about racing and all forms of riding and never cracked a book or had any instruction. Damn you really are a barney bad ass. Well maybe you just need to write your own book and tell everybody how you did it. Oh yeah that is right, from where you stand nobody would read it because they need seat time instead, fuck the books, instructors, and all who disagree with you. Shit man are you even listening to yourself, you are coming off as a total asshat know it all whose ego is so big it's a wonder you can walk through a door.

Way to go Asshole for fuckin up a thread.

Done with this, have a nice day. :D

Kilroy
  20. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    Didn't mean to shame you or ruffle your panties. I wasn't trying to brag , I was asked who the hell I am. People that know me know I don't talk shit.