Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JoeyBones, Nov 5, 2009.

1. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    A couple more photos from yesterday's ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Numa
  2. JMforPres

JMforPres Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice!

Are these "pole pictures"?

Jon
  3. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    Glad you like the photos.

Those were taken sans pole mount, but while standing from an elevated vantage point; the Jocassee Lake photo taken from Jumping Off Rock.

Numa
  4. parallaxbill

parallaxbill Mid-Carolina ADVR

Oddometer:
    Between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina
    I gotta go there someday. Looks nice.
  5. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    Get yourself healed up. I will take you there.

Numa
  6. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:

Those were taken sans pole mount, but while standing from an elevated vantage point; the Jocassee <strike>Lake</strike> mirage photo taken from Jumping Off Rock.

Fixed it :D
  7. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    For everyone that wasn't there ! You had to be there to understand ( MIRAGE). It's what you miss when you don"t show up.
  8. Dirty Lloyd

Dirty Lloyd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pics Augie and Numa!

Enjoyed them, wish I was there. Looks like fun!

L.
  9. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer:
    So this post is a little personal but I think the folks who have made this thread into a great place to hang out deserve a little explanation from me, so here goes, in the spirit of ADV public confessions...

I'm going through some "family changes" at the moment and will be pretty scarce for a couple of months - maybe longer. Others on this thread have been through it and I know I'm not alone. I also got a promotion at work which means I seem to be working a few more hours - that MAY translate to more money next year but I'm not positive. They tell me it will.

I have put the R1200GSA up for the winter as I don't see me riding in November and maybe not December. My Newfoundland/Labrador trip in the summer of 2015 may still fall into place or it may need to wait a year. I still have the Suzuki GS850G and may hang on to it - I really think it could make a pretty cool cafe-cruiser project. Does it sound like things are up in the air? Well they are, a bit. I do know a few things for sure:

1) I am keeping my GSA come Hell or High Water and am not sure I won't buy that damn R1200RS when it comes out.

2) I'm doing pretty well through all this. You know the saying about a huge weight being lifted and all that... It's been a long time coming and I know I'm doing the right thing.

3) I have some really good friends on this thread and if I need anything I will reach out.

I won't make the November meet-up. Not sure about December or January. I'll change the first page of this thread in late December and will ask Numa and AugieDog to keep an eye on things for me.

Thanks for listening,

Joe

10. XCRider803

XCRider803 Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer:
    Everything happens for a reason, life gets better as you go. See you at the next meet you can make. Never been on a ride with you, we'll have to remedy that next season. :D
  11. parallaxbill

parallaxbill Mid-Carolina ADVR

Oddometer:
    Between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina
    X2!
  12. pieeye

pieeye Go Far...Get Lost

Oddometer:
    Hang in there Joe!
  13. XCRider803

XCRider803 Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer:
    Should be prefaced with a pic.... :D
  14. JMforPres

JMforPres Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You have lots of support here. Let me know if/when you need to ride or anything else.

Jon
  15. Dirty Lloyd

Dirty Lloyd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow hang in there Joe!

Hollar if we can help. If you need bike storage, and someone to keep the gas stale there are plenty of volunteers here!::rofl

L.
  16. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    Joe, I feel honored that you would ask me to fill for you and will be happy to do so. I have been thru similar times myself and wish you the best. You have a lot of friends here and we all look forward to your return to the group.
  17. JoeyBones

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support and will get back to riding after the first of the year, I'm sure.

I updated the first page of the thread to show the meet-up dates for the next 12 months. Augie or Numa - Just quote that once or twice a month so everyone can see it on a recent page. I'll do that in my next post so you'll be all set for November. Thanks a bunch guys...

Joe
  18. JoeyBones

Oddometer:
    Bumpity bump...
  19. maffud

maffud Now with 30% less maffud.

Oddometer:
    I am out of town this weekend, but I have Monday and Tuesday off from work. Looks like the weather should be perfect for some two-wheeled adventuring. Anyone want to ride Monday or Tuesday?
    I have no specific plans yet - tell me what you want to do! Road/Dual/Trails, you name it.
  20. StarWolve

StarWolve Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Anyone interested in the Monday, November 10th, 7:05 PM screening of "On Any Sunday - The Next Chapter"? It's playing in Huntersville, at the Birkdale theater.

I can't ride Monday morning - flying back in to town around noon, but I could meet up and ride to the theater that evening.