Hello Chile 11/13 - 11/26

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Ren20, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Ren20

Ren20 Finding Touge

Oddometer:
    Hi Advriders in Chile,

Me and my gf are going to have a vacation in Chile. from 11/13 to 11/26. We are very excited. We've been reading lonely planet and travel websites for info on where to visit.

Since we have only limited time, We'd like to go south from Santiago.
    Places and things we'd like to do and experience are hot spring, definitely to see the glazier, breath taking landscapes and penguins :)

so far, we have santiago, pucon, puerto montt, and torres del paine.

I am not sure how we can make this work. It seems to be a lot of on the list. Could you guys advise how we can make this work? We dont mind scraping things off our list. We really are just looking to have a good time there.

I wish I could bring my motorcycle and ride around the region. I guess I will save it for the next time. This time around, We really are just looking to have a good time there.
  2. GastonUSAChile

GastonUSAChile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For a few days only, enjoy Santiago, the central coast, from cartagena to Algarrobo, then Quintay , touch Valparaiso, Vina del Mar an the sorrounded beaches.All you can eat, drink and fun.
    other than that, unless you take an airplane, vsit the Villarrica area for a long 4 days and comeback home.

My 2 Chilean Cents
  3. Ren20

Ren20 Finding Touge

Oddometer:
    Geston,

Thanks for you reply. I've read your post about bringing dollars to Argentina. Do you have tips for us on currency exchange in Chile?
  4. GastonUSAChile

GastonUSAChile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Currency en Chile is about CHP$480 todays date. It is pretty stable . No black market whatsoever in Chile. As long you change in regular 'casa de cambios' and not at the airport is fine.
    The dollar remain low for over few years but gaining little by little. Chile is a healthy economy , Argentina not, getting tough on regulations and inflation. There is a black market in Argentina today and better to change your dollars there, but look for safe places such restaurants or decent stores to offer a transaction.
  5. Ren20

Ren20 Finding Touge

Oddometer:
    Hey,

We are now on our last couple days in Chile. Did the "W" in our first 5 days at the Torres Del Paine.

went to Valparaiso and Vina Yesterday and came back to Santiago today

Still looking to hit some hot spring.

Any suggestions besides San Jose de Maipo?

Thanks
  6. Acampao

Acampao WInd Jammer

Oddometer:
    C'mon, you are not motorcycling, are you?