Oklahoma ADV Riders BS Thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Mr. Guy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Mr. Guy

Mr. Guy Ubernoob

Oddometer:
    Hi All,

Just thought I'd start a thread so Ya'll follow Okies would have a place to get together. It should make it easier to find OK info or let others know if you want to put together a group ride. I started a Lincoln Co. thread,

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393608

but wanted to include all of Oklahoma.

Guy
  2. Spanky15

Spanky15 Dirt Slider

Oddometer:
    Out of Fort Gibson...rode today, rode yesterday, rode the day before! Gonna ride tomorrow too! Wanna ride?? Going to Bill Eddys in Fayetteville to drool!
  3. lewismedlock

lewismedlock Follower

Oddometer:
    I'd certainly like to see us get a little more organized, and more importantly, ride more!
  4. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for starting the thread. Someday we will be as cool as Kansas and have 312 pages too.
  5. okiebandit1

okiebandit1 This road seems familiar Supporter

Oddometer:
    Beautiful day in the Panhandle today! 72 and little wind! Rode over 200 miles around Black Mesa and Kenton area. Getting to know my GS. Loven it.
    Is anyone in Oklahoma planning on attending Uncle's around the Bend?
  6. Mr. Guy

Mr. Guy Ubernoob

Oddometer:
    Glad to see the response. 312 pages, that would be something. I'm planning to go to Big Bend with another group the weekend after Uncles ride. Little Foot mentioned a ride out to the panhandle to a place called Picture Canyon sometime this spring, I'd like to tag along for that one. Maybe we could make this a planned ride. Just a thought.

Guy
  7. Mr. Guy

Mr. Guy Ubernoob

Oddometer:
    Hey let's put some OK pics in here too.

[​IMG]

Guy
  8. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Checking in. :thumb

KLR is pretty toasted from Arkansas singletrack (PICS), so it will be garaged for a bit while I nurse it back into shape. I hope that, for my sake alone, the weather turns to crap.:lol3 I'm hauling off some junk today so I can settle into the garage for a while.

List of repairs / maintenance-
    rear tire
    fork seals (new springs?)
    replace radiator fan
    IMS tank(?)
    replace / recover seat
    valves
    repair fairing
    replace(?) destroyed instrument panel
    new bars w/ risers and barkbusters
    new blinkers
    countersprocket seal
    shifter
  9. Spanky15

Spanky15 Dirt Slider

Oddometer:
    I saw those shots of your ride!! Cats!!! Put the KLR through it's paces for sure! Give a yell when anyone wants to to Gruber it. Fun place to ride. I live about 10 minutes from there so support (cold beverages, tools, etc.) is close if needed.
  10. HighFive

HighFive Never Tap-Out

Oddometer:
    I like to ride Gruber from time to time. But on my R² (WR250R) a lot more than my big fat Pig (KLR). Stillwater 500 is a good spot too. Its not so bad for the Pig. My friend, Krabill, rides it on his KLR.

Have you been down to Clayton (near Talihina)? Its a real hoot! Great dualsport spot.

HF :thumbup
  11. Mr. Guy

Mr. Guy Ubernoob

Oddometer:
    Hi Dirtydog,

Nice pics, but I have to be honest, I'm not much of a single track rider. I have this fear of breaking things. It makes my riding a little to expensive. Good to hear from ya.

Guy
  12. Mr. Guy

Mr. Guy Ubernoob

Oddometer:
    Hi Highfive,

I've been down to Honobia Creek WMA before, near Clayton, but they've closed a lot of it. But there's a lot in that area to ride in.

Guy
  13. DirtyDog

Oddometer:
    I generally don't ride singletrack either, but was looking for a challenge. Technical dual sport is more my thing. Looking forward to riding more often when the springtime arrives.
  14. gmsnowball

gmsnowball Black Bear Pass

Oddometer:
    Oklahoma Some Where, just east of spoobooty
    Several Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri dual sport riders converge on Clayton every year in October for a 3-4 day dual sport ride that provides something for everyone. Check out www.rideoklahoma.com for more info on this and many other rides in and around Oklahoma. We currently have two from Kansas and three from Oklahoma heading south to join Uncle Dave in his unoffical ride around the bend. Big Bend is a super riding area especially in the winter as you can get away from snowklahoma and ride in the temperate conditions of south Texas and Mexico, if you prefer. The weather is great, the trails and roads even better and the people are super. Team Pink will be in Big Bend this year arriving on the 18th. Join us if you can. It is great fun. :clap :clap :clap
  15. wnc96

wnc96 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. reddirtjoe

reddirtjoe motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Let's Ride some red dirt!!.... NorthCentOklahoma
    A Hi to all. Hi !! Checking in and wondering -- what is " technical dual sport" riding?? It sounds more like the type of riding I do.
    I ride mostly Stillwater 500 for off road, but would be interested in other rides. Street and or dirt, its all fun for me. I'm just a guy whose enthusiasm exceeds his abilities. ( slower rider, but love it)
  17. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Hola! In Tulsa but dirt challenged currently. A monthly kick the tires and bench race at someones(whoever would want to host it) shop or garage would be pretty fun. I'd volenteer for doing it one month but I only have 1 car garage and limited toolset(it's getting there though).
  18. DirtyDog

Oddometer:
    Look at the ride reports in my sigline, and you'll get the picture.:deal

Silver- I'm definitely up for a shop night. As soon as I can ditch a pool table and a pingpong table, I'll have a 2-car garage for such an event. Grill, smoker, home brew, etc.

Anybody want a pool table and/or pingpong table for next to nothing?? If so, PM me. Gonna put it on CL in a week or so.
  19. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    Ride to chandler on route 66 :D

[​IMG]
  20. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Speaking of Chandler and 66. I stopped by there 01/02 and had my first NY pizza at this place:
    [​IMG]
    Shortly before I was having some nice peach soda at this crazy place farther West down Route 66, kinda a cold a crummy start to the 2nd day of 2009, but at least I was riding.
    [​IMG]

A different angle, really neat construction. I had past this a few times while it was being built and thought someone was trying to revive the drive in movie theater building the uprights for the big screen and then stand it up:huh :
    [​IMG]

Lots of pop, you remember Jolt don't you and some Mexican Pepe:
    [​IMG]

Here's my peach:
    [​IMG]

My day started out pretty cold and rainy but it still was lots of fun as always:
    [​IMG]

Good way to bring in the New Year.:1drink