Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    It looks like the best time for me to get away for one more over night on the bike is to leave Friday night the 20th and come home Saturday afternoon. If anyone wants to go out to the hills and ride off road let me know. Big bikes, little bikes, both.
  2. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    This reminds me of a picture I saw of an AR15 farkled to the max:

[​IMG]

:lol3

3. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    You guys are killing me with the light photos .....:rofl

Anyway ..... I need a new rear shock on the 1990 XT600. Is there anyone out there that can rebuild them? Thought I would try that first before I lay down $4-500 bucks. Its a single swingarm mono shock.
    thanks
  4. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Send it to Rick at "Cogent Dynamics" in North Carolina. He is really good and being close helps with shipping. Pretty sure that is where Dan had his DR shock done. I sent my DR350 shock to him a few years ago. If you are still running the stock spring I would have him put in one to match your weight and then buy some springs for the forks. I think a new shock would cost you double your estimate, if there is even an option. I think Rick can do a bare bones rebuild and re-valve for @ $250. I am guessing. He can also hard anodize, add rebound dampening, etc. That gets expensive quick especially for an old cheap bike. You can tell him your weight, riding style, etc. and he can set it pretty good. He rides gravel like us so he knows what you need.
  5. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    What time is everyone meeting at Poe's? And what time is everyone leaving Poe's to head to the New Kent Winery for the Ferrari Parade?

I just got in from WV and am a little out of touch.
  6. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jeff,
    Some of us are meeting at my dental office (3525 Iron Bridge Road,Richmond,VA 23234) at 9:30 am to ride to Poe's for breakfast. Probably then leave Poe's to head to the New Kent Winery about 11 am or whenever done eating. We could take a leisurely ride out Rt. 5 to Rt. 155 at Charles City then head toward Rt. 249 to New Kent. Or if we're running late we could just slab it out I64 to get there quicker. Either way hope to see you at the dental office, Poe's or the Winery. :thumb
  7. firedad415

firedad415 trying to speak dirt

Oddometer:
    I will be at Poes earlier than you guys. I will likely be there right at 0930. Leave by 11 to take the family to Busch Gardens. Couldn't talk the girls into the car show and winery when an amusement park was also on the table!
    See y'all in the am.
  8. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! I'll be there with the family by 11:00 to make sure that we don't miss the Ferrari parade! I bribed Lynn with wine tastings, Gabriel with a 5 pack of Matchbox Ferrari's from Target and a promise of seeing super cool cars and Elena only needed an excuse to wear a fancy dress, a big floppy hat and glamorous sunglasses like the ladies at pebble Beach! :lol3
  9. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're a fortunate man Eddy!! See you all there. :D
  10. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    I am riding to Poe's and then to New Kent Winery. My wife and son are coming along as well by car. I want to depart Poe's by 10:30-10:45 to make sure we see the parade. I guess we will be at Poe's closer to 9:30.

DirtDoc- Going all the way to 155 on Rt 5 will be a long ride and out of the way. Consider Rt 106, turn left where the Benjamin Harrison bridge would be a right turn, and 106 takes you straight to the New Kent Winery with no back tracking.

See you guys there.
  11. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tip DM. Will do. See you there! :D
  12. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Teresa and I will be swinging by Poe's as well, a little after 10. Then we'll head to the winery for the parade too. Will be nice to see some of the wives and kids too!
  13. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:
    Been and back. Great cars. F 40 is amazing as always. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  14. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:
    Morgan aero 8 in the parking lot!

[​IMG][​IMG]
  15. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got up this morning with full plans to attend BITB. While showering though, the water level started to rise and the toilet went glub glub. Main sewer line to the house decided to stop doing it's job. That killed the days plans. In the end, I'll admit to breaking down and paying a plumber to come get the line open. Additionally they are going g to come replace the link e tomorrow. This is the third time I've had to either auger the line myself or pay someone else to. Oh well, there goes the farkle budget and a couple of other budgets too.
  16. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think I'm in! But you mean Friday the 19th right?
  17. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great show, great weather, great time!

Elena picked out her favorite!

[​IMG]

Gabriel likes his cars a little more German...One of the nicest Caymans I've ever seen.
    [​IMG]

Paging Magnum P.I. to the row of 80's Ferraris!
    [​IMG]

Stunning F-40...I have video of this car leading the parade while reving it's engine but I don't know how to post video yet...
    [​IMG]

After four hours, the happy family started to get a little funky and losing patience with me looking at cars. A stop for some DQ Blizzards fixed that problem!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Man. I did not see any of you guys at the show but I have to admit I was trying to see as many cars as I could before my family wanted to leave. I probably walked right past some of you guys. I.bumped into a master carpenter I used to work with who built the winery building and I kept crossing paths with Chelsea of Triumph of Richmond. Good show. It amazes me that folks can afford those cars. After I left I got some off road riding in. Good day. Anyone see this at Poe's?
    [​IMG]
    I really liked the tractor seat and socket extensions as foot pegs.

Jarred, yes it is Friday the 19th. I know you are typically free on Fridays but the best I may be able to swing is a half day. I will see what I can do. My purchasing manager is on vacation next week so it will be hell week for me. By noon Friday I will be ready to skip out, if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That sounds great. That will give me time to cut my grass and make sure my listing closes before I'm out of service range. Thinking of camping Alhambra? And ride and camp? Or were you planning on towing anything?

On a side note, those pictures from today look amazing. Wish I could have made it out there.
  20. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Right now with it just being you and me and our small bikes with nice knobbies I say we haul the bikes out. We can stay at my folks house or camp. If anyone else joins us we will work on the plan. I will probably know tomorrow how it looks for me taking a half or whole day Friday. Get your grass cut this week. I need to do the same. I might try and take all of Friday off so we can get more riding in.:ricky