2013 Sandblast Rally - March 2 - SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Sep 26, 2012.

1. FLUXCAPACITOR

FLUXCAPACITOR n00b

Oddometer:
    :huh Holly crap; exactly how fast were you going brother! Perspective is the right word; I thought I was going pretty fast, but I compared to your video I was crawling! Kick ass man, really!
  2. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Walt: Well you were there, you know better than me.

Nice to have met you, you'll do well at sand blast.
    Good Luck.

Jack
  3. Bruno T .

Bruno T . N8YQ

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

You're stylin, Bobby.

Dakar pants, Adventure Rally jacket, white/black boots, Arai XD4, and the gold rims that look sweet with the Ohlins forks . . very nice.
  4. FLUXCAPACITOR

FLUXCAPACITOR n00b

Oddometer:
    Watching oil drip out of your skid plate at the gas station and fixing your bike on the spot; that's part of the rally too.:norton
  5. Locker43

Locker43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Seth, funny how the kids do that to me as well! All in context but damn, ain't it fun!
  6. Hypermofo

Hypermofo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard Logan! And thanks for posting up the pics - I have a bunch of the rally but not too many of me :) I may put that one in my office to remind me why i work:1drink

RWV is marked on my calendar...

Rodney

7. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:
    Thank ya,..........I've been dabbling with going all white plastic on the Husky and Gold wheels there too :lol3 I should just learn how to ride the thing as good as I want to ride it :freaky
  8. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    what is even crazier is the guy who finished 4th out of the cars and was running in Rally Solo. No navigation other than line of sight, the width and mass of a car etc.
  9. Tarheel Wheeler

Tarheel Wheeler Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't you go with ORANGE plastic on it Bobby? :lol3:lol3
  10. combustion cycles

combustion cycles Action Jansen

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wwlvWszUPmI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I got vid of everybody on SS7 but got most everyone on SS6. Hope it's interesting! I wound up with a sprained ankle, minor torn meniscus, and a pulled muscle in my back. Tons of fun, even in pain. Thanks Anders, Jason, volunteers, and everybody! Next year...
  11. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:

Nice video. I came away with a broken ankle in stage 6 and needed surgery to repair the bone with a plate and 7 screws....but that was six weeks ago, and just two days ago I got the all clear from my surgeon to go riding again so today I am gone riding.....going to burn 10 gallons of 2 stroke mix
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    jesus Ara! holy mackeral! Glad youre riding again.. Whoa
  13. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    amazing that you're riding 6 wks after that. Whew!

dc
  14. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah...I had a pretty good feeling it broke during stage 3 but I was able to ignore the pain untill the last service stop and had to stop about 3 miles into stage 6 because the pain would just not diminish like it was before.

Yeah, my recovery was pretty fast. I am a fitness fanatic, so two weeks after the surgery my surgeon removed the cast and placed my foot in a removable boot so I can start doing range of motion exercises...and within 4 weeks I had full range of motion and almost 80% strength back. I was doing tons of daily leg extensions on the boken foot to prevent atrophy as much as possible, and was doing 10 miles of rowing per day on my concept2 rowing machine with my bum leg strapped to a skateboard, and 3 miles per day on an elyptical machine with very light weight bearing for blood circulation around the broken bone. So when the Doc gave me the clearance on Thursday all I had to do was get used to wearing a sneaker again and walk...the only thing I am hurting from right now is my in-sole from walking with sneaker again. And hopefully by next week I can ride my mountain bike again...I don't feel comfortable wearing just sneakers and not having the support of an mx boot yet.
  15. Rail7

Rail7 Authenticious.

Oddometer:
    Ara, glad to hear you are doing well after that injury!:clap
  16. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you, buddy.
  17. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Holy crap Ara!!!! You are one tough dude!!! I had a woman fall in a msf class yesterday. She was nauseous and moaning. Turns out she has a hairline fracture in her ankle . Woman could'nt even speak!!!! I should've shown her the shot of your ankle!!:evil. Maybe we wouldn't have had to carry her. Man, way to go on recovery!!! Glad your back on your bike, how's your daughter doing?
  18. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks, Jena. How we recover from most broken bone injuries is alot in the mind also...yes we have to rest it and let it heal, but I think to stay laid up in bed for weeks and weeks will only prolong the recovery and rehab after the healing. And as long as the inury is being treated by a good doctor, and they are aware of exactly all and how the inury is being exercised, there is no reason why recovery and rehad can't begin the day after the surgery. I was on my rowing maching the day after the surgery and was eating all the brocoli, spinach, and yogart I could stuff in my stomach...my wife could't keep up steaming all the vegatables for the first few weeks when the bone needed all the right nutrients to heal :D. But she is a trooper and a great wife so I am lucky.

My daughter's recovery from her consussion is finally over...she is also back to full activities...she get an occasional headache but nothing that requires the prescption medication she was on for 2 months after the ski crash.

How is your concussion? Are you back to full activity?
  19. Hypermofo

Hypermofo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you've recovered so fast Ara... you are a machine, but I knew that when I saw you rid'n the F800...

Not quite the sandbast but i'm heading to Barber motorsports park this weekend for two days of track riding on my SV... wish i was doing a rally, but hey, a tarmac race track is a close second!

Rodney
  20. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Rodney. Tracking on tarmac is fun also. I just sold my Aprilia SXV550 track bike to buy a new KTM 500EXC to build into a rally bike.... I got hooked on this rallymoto stuff. And maybe if I can find the time I will do some desert racing with it.....on the wrong coast :D.

Ara