690/950se rear suspension the same?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Baharaider, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Baharaider

Baharaider Irtractors

Oddometer:
    Anybody able to tell me if the 690 and 950se rear suspension can interchange? What i really need to know is if the swing arm/shock mount points measure the same. The bushings can be different size for my needs but the width/ length ect. Need to match. I am wanting to put a timbersled sno-track kit on my 950 but they only make a fitment kit up to the 690 :( :( and they have never had a call for a 950 kit i think we can all agree it will be baddddassss when done!! Thanks to any and all whom my be able to help...:rofl:clap
  2. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
    Have them tell you the mounting width dimension and you can measure it on you machine. They have know that spec and have it on a sheet for reference. However, I have only dealt with the install issues of Explorer and 2moto, not T-sled.

You are not the only fella loving the thought of spinning track with the LC8.
    My SnowHawk and 950 sit beside each other and talk shit, all night in the garage, about who's got the high mark or tightest tree-lined side hill, if they both wore tracks. I have ridden and done business with most the single ski toys, except a Timber sled conversion. Looking forward to the day, this winter, that I can get together with the one ski gang in McCall for the Winter carnival race. I'll be trying a Timbersled bike, then, for sure!:clap

I handle/ride my 950 like a snow bike and a snow bike like my 950, so its pretty easy to rip on both, with all the practice.:norton
  3. Baharaider

Baharaider Irtractors

Oddometer:
    Just so you know real men live on the wet side of the beaver state!!:):)... Thanks for the reply...so ive never ridden the sno hawk's just always thought my sleds were the way to go..all looks fun though.. And hey were not sittin on the couch watin for blue sky and dry weather.... After you ride a t sled BIG BORE bike with a long track( not the 122'') you will junk the sno-hawk.... I have ridden both short and long on 530/505/690 ktms and they will take you into the kill zone in the deepest powder you can find...wee ha... If snocross is your thing of coarse youll want the short track. I realy want to do my 950 just to say ive got the only one..:):) and the bike just sits there most of the time so it may as well be in my trailer with the sleds..i missed winterfest in mcall last year but hope to make this year if the snow is good.. Just got back from puyallup swap/show with new turbo kit,clutching,vents, wrap for my 13 pro rmk 155 and will begin wrk this wk on that.. Sounds like from other replys in other fourms that i will be hauling the SE to sandpoint id for the T sled guys to mock up and fit the track... Good news is they are excided to do it and have me out there on the snow in ore as they have little or no presence here. Whats your take on selling there kits over your way? Will your guys spend $5/6 on one to ride snow or are they happy riding the sinder roads and such? Anyway i will pm you when the snow is deep enough to ride and maybe we can meet at wanoga sno-park and sip a bit in my rv or at the top of moon:) me: big black dodge cc with artic fox camper and white 26' enclosed trailer... And hot 29 yr old gf.... Dragon's...pro rmk...edge rmk and maybe tracked SE... Think snow!!!
  4. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Same, no. Adaptable, maybe.

690 hub and swingarm are narrower, 690 uses a linkage and 950 is PDS so the shocks are different, etc.
  5. geometrician

geometrician let's keep going...

Oddometer:
    Not even close...
  6. prettydirty4u

prettydirty4u Let's Get DIRTY!!

Oddometer:
    One of the wettest places there is,from the desert
    If you get this figured out, let me know... I would be interested in the timberland kit for my KTM 950S. Snow tracks would be kick ass... new to Oregon and this forum stuff... Looks to be lots of fun and a bit addictive. When does your peak season hit here for snow? Any adventure runs around?
  7. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:

Season is variable: Peak snow can fall in Dec, Feb or April, depending on when the mid winter dry spell hits. The number of days a snowpark has snow is another question. Where ya located? That'll determine a bunch of snow park access and season length questions.

Multi day adventure rides on snow are very doable!
  8. prettydirty4u

Oddometer:
    Canby, from Vegas. Where can you get dirty around here for now..Do you know of any good bike trails to ride? Was thinking about getting a snowmobile soon, any suggestions? Single girl who's never owned one...Help..Went riding a couple years back with some friends of mine in Idaho and had a total kick ass time..Would love to get my own and go whenever I please.. Where is the best place to hit the snow here?:freaky:freaky
  9. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    You gots a PM :deal
  10. prettydirty4u

Oddometer:
    Tag you r it!!!:lol3
  11. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought about this too but I think there's too much of a weight penalty for the HP compared to the bikes they already make kits for. How do you plan to pick it back up on the flats with deep snow let alone off camber on a side hill where there isn't enough base to stand on? Sounds like lots of digging to me!!
  12. Baharaider

Baharaider Irtractors

Oddometer:
    Here's the thing.. I know the SE is a big pig.. But if it isnt any fun in the snow i will just move the kit to one of my other bikes.. No harm no foul.. But unless i or someone steps up and puts one together and hits the snow... Its all just unknown!! Lets face it the first time someone said to his buddy im puttin a track on my bike... He was most likely told he was nuts.. Well maybe im nuts but my wallet lets me be.... Just like the sleds i ride if i cant pick it up i just roll it over downhill and upright... So i cant believe there is a single? Chick that rides and aint afraid of the cold lookin to take up a sport ive been into for 40+ years..... Cheer cheer cheer... Bring your hot gf's and i will be your guide:):) im on the farm near mt.angel/silverton... Not sure how ya go from vagas to canby.... But welcome....and if you shoot guns also can we be married..:)
  13. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:

>fixt<
    Best marriage proposal on ADVrider yet!

The nice thing about one ski rigs are that they don't actually fall over.
    When you are looking and 4-6 square feet of rear tire foot print, They tend to stand still, on their own. The only place I use a kickstand is in the garage or parking lot. I believe an SE or like LC8 will be the hot ticket for these track kits. Turbo-ing a 650 to get 75 hp is the standard "big boy" way to power a track conversion. I have been sweating the day someone does it with an LC8 cause I'd drive for miles and miles to give it an evaluation. I would easily sell my Snowhawk and buy a T-sled kit for the LC8, if it is a better handling tree ridge rider. O'course that'd mean I'd have to have two bikes, a tracker and a skier!
  14. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Keep me in the loop on this, I would be interested in a kit for my SE.
    :clap
  15. prettydirty4u

Oddometer:
    Not sure what kinda girls you associate with but I am always ready and willing to try new things, no matter my relationship or gender, I've tried it, liked it and now want my own, may not have been doing it for as long as you but we all start a new sport as beginners. So here I am seeking the un-known adventure that awaits. Besides you offered to let me tag along and show me the ropes, so as far as guide goes, you can be that but I prefer to be a third party :evil And your proposal....... is it legal to marry a threesome of any gender combination:D:wings
  16. Baharaider

Baharaider Irtractors

Oddometer:
    If the city of portland will pay for its employee's to get sex change ops....i think threesome's can marry..:):) FYI never been married (yes im straight) so as far as a kind of woman i date... Young... Old... Kids...no kids... Tall ..short...$$$ ... No$$$..always HOT....never BBW...lately into the bi, sometimes kitty licker's...:) Hope this narrows it down....:)
  17. prettydirty4u

Oddometer:
    Well..well Baha....It's nice to know the variation of types that you will date, but it's only going to interest me to know about your gf make-up....not the possibilities....into the now and making that work rather than explore my options with possibilities...not into hurting just pleasing..:)~so tell me about her and you...a pm may be a better choice of communication for this topic.... Me never married, no kids, would like some of my own someday soon but for now, just looking to have fun. Is your gf a kitty licker and ok with sharing her man?:wings
  18. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    I'd say "you kids get a room," but we're already in one!!:freaky
    Can't wait to put my ski on the snow...:clap

Hey pitster, you let them Timbersled boys know that Baharaider isn't the only freak wanting a ski on his LC8 and they will make one appear!

Winter Carnival in Mccall is Jan 25th - Feb 3rd. Snowbike race the first weekend and mixed classes on the second weekend.

The race is held on Aspen Golfcourse, yup we get to shred a golf course...:deal
  19. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    If they work I'll buy one too.
  20. prettydirty4u

Oddometer:
    Working on the room:clap I have heard Winter Carnival in Mccall is great!!! Maybe looking into heading over there for it this year..