Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2014, 10:11 PM   #6856
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopsychoman View Post
Looking at the fiche for the early F650 singles, looks like the fuel pump, ring, gasket, safety valve, and rubber mounts are all the same as the 'Tao. Can't compare the body part numbers because of all the different color options.
I thought I looked at those and the new model was different, it would be good to be wrong on it, will go back and look at my spreadsheet
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM   #6857
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Oddometer: 1,328
Interested to hear any suspension improvements people have done successfully for heavy riders, not interested in the YZ forks at this stage just any simple things done and what they were, springs etc. I'm not after world beating suspension on this one. Rear doesn't seem too bad wound up a bit
BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM   #6858
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,728
Here you go Bygfella!

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:30 AM   #6859
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Oddometer: 1,328
If I wanted a stock CB500X set up I would have bought one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Here you go Bygfella!

BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 AM   #6860
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by BygDaddee View Post
Interested to hear any suspension improvements people have done successfully for heavy riders, not interested in the YZ forks at this stage just any simple things done and what they were, springs etc. I'm not after world beating suspension on this one. Rear doesn't seem too bad wound up a bit

How much do you weigh? I'm 200 and was able to get the front loaded sag to about were it needed to be (~20-25) by just adding spacers that were 1/2" longer. If more than that is needed, the next step is heavier springs. Getting your sag height correct is the first order of business and I am of the camp that like straight rate springs instead of progressive., if you need more. I think the stock rate is .60 kg/mm. (Somebody confirm that?)

Then I added Ricor Intiminators which I am very happy with. It's not a night and day difference, but it does make the bike handle better, especially in fast corners. You just start noticing you are banking over further without fear and staying on the gas. You also notice more stability over and bumps in the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM   #6861
windowto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
How much do you weigh? I'm 200 and was able to get the front loaded sag to about were it needed to be (~20-25) by just adding spacers that were 1/2" longer. If more than that is needed, the next step is heavier springs. Getting your sag height correct is the first order of business and I am of the camp that like straight rate springs instead of progressive., if you need more. I think the stock rate is .60 kg/mm. (Somebody confirm that?)

Then I added Ricor Intiminators which I am very happy with. It's not a night and day difference, but it does make the bike handle better, especially in fast corners. You just start noticing you are banking over further without fear and staying on the gas. You also notice more stability over and bumps in the road.

Gundy,

About a year after I installed the Ricor Intiminators, I finally had an opportunity to go a bit off road (there are no good roads in my area, save for the many potholes). Well, it is off road where the Intiminators show the difference. Until now I was somewhat underwhelmed, but on washboard the forks were very compliant and without the pogo sticks effect. With as little off-road as I do, the setup suits my needs just fine.
windowto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #6862
mickdb1
retired but alive

Oddometer: 16
re tank and exhaust

I got a tank off fleabay and just fitted/swapped it for the sertao tank
No problems - no issues - jobs a goodun. Chopped the exhaust off as well and blocked the transfer link pipe off. With the exhaust I drilled the blank out removed the wadding then inserted a choke stub of 1" od pipe x 4" long blanked inner end off then drilled 7 x 1/4 diameter holes drilled into the sides to stop the blapping - not too noisy and lets it go better I recon
HTHY makes 250 miles easy now even with a 15 front spocket . As I recall I got 63 miles to MT when reserve countdown started = dont forget we have bigger gallons over here mind
Attached Images

mickdb1 screwed with this post Yesterday at 01:55 PM
mickdb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #6863
ibgary
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Nice. I want to do a similar exhaust swap and turn the starboard side into storage.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM   #6864
mickdb1
retired but alive

luggaged up and clean in France
then on the trails of mid Spain
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #6865
mickdb1
retired but alive

sorry I can only do 1 picture at a time
here is tuther un
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #6866
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
How high is too high? RPMs that is....is there an rpm that I should not cruise above with this engine? Given I need to spend at least 45 minutes blasting out of suburbia to get to the good stuff, I spend a lot of time at 5k and approaching 6k if on the turnpike.

Gundy screwed with this post Today at 04:18 AM
Gundy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #6867
windowto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
How high is too high? RPMs that is....is there an rpm that I should not not cruise above with this engine? Given I need to spend at least 45 minutes blasting out of suburbia to get to the good stuff, I spend a lot of time at 5k and approaching 6k if on the turnpike.

Just don't hit the red line:)
windowto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:50 AM   #6868
Spinifex1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Dakar tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdb1 View Post
I got a tank off fleabay and just fitted/swapped it for the sertao tank
No problems - no issues - jobs a goodun. Chopped the exhaust off as well and blocked the transfer link pipe off. With the exhaust I drilled the blank out removed the wadding then inserted a choke stub of 1" od pipe x 4" long blanked inner end off then drilled 7 x 1/4 diameter holes drilled into the sides to stop the blapping - not too noisy and lets it go better I recon
HTHY makes 250 miles easy now even with a 15 front spocket . As I recall I got 63 miles to MT when reserve countdown started = dont forget we have bigger gallons over here mind
So by the sounds of it the tank fits straight in and bike doesn't need any mods? Did you swap over the parts from the existing tank?
Thanks
Spinifex1 is offline   Reply With Quote