Hampton Roads Photo Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by UpST8, Dec 13, 2008.

1. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    :ricky WELCOME TO THE HAMPTON ROADS TAG-O-RAMA GAME!!!:ricky

This is a simple, fun little game that is a great excuse to get out and ride (like I need an excuse) It's part treasure hunt, part trivial pursuit, part race to grab and all fun!!! :wink:

Rules are easy...sorta

#1 - Find the TAG reproduce the TAG photo (as best as possible). This is GRABBING the TAG.First person to post the photo of the TAG site WITH their Bike in the photo has the next TAG.

#2 - Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here. TAG photos must have the Motorcycle in it.

Give a few hints so the players can figure out where the tag is located. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties. Posting the actual location, Coordinates, or explicit instructions is fine too. The point of the game is to get out and ride.

#3 - Tag must be a) findable and b) not placed on a dirt trail c) not on or within eye site of any Military/DOD Bases. Maintained gravel / dirt roads are OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't ride full on DS bikes. Base defined as any place that I need to show an ID to access.

#4 -File photos are NOT permitted. (File Photos defined as a photo from the past stored on your computer) Wether you are tagging or grabbing,you gotta ride to play this game.

#5- All tags must be within the Hampton Roads Area. Refer to the map if you unsure as to the where the boundaries are.

#6- The 36 Hour Rule. The Poopy Peanut Rule. This rule is designed to keep the game moving!!! If someone makes a Grab, they have a 36 hour window to post the next Tag. If the Grabber does not post a new Tag within this 36 hour period then the last Tag is back in play for a Grab (Steal).

A)If no one makes a grab after the clock has expired, a New Tag should be placed ASAP by the Exclusive Grabber then it's Game On!

B)If someone makes the grab after the clock has expired and before a New Tag is placed it is considered a Steal, the Next Tag belongs to that person.

#7- Confusion Rule- If all this is confusing to you, PM me or any of the other regular players for definitions / explanations of the Game or just stick around for awhile until you figure out how to play on your own.

#8- No Whining, Pissing or Moaning Rule- Pretty self explanatory

#9- It is just a game rule- Relax....we are out riding motorcycles and taking pictures.....this is nothing to be fired up about.....take a deep breathe....count to 10.....now don't you feel better. When played with a game spirit in my mind and heart....it can almost be fun, you know?

Hampton Roads Defined as:
    Virginia Beach
    Norfolk
    Chesapeake
    Portsmouth
    Suffolk
    Surry County
    Isle Of Wight County
    SouthHampton County
    Franklin
    Newport News
    Hampton
    Poquoson
    York County
    Williamsburg
    James City County
    Gloucester County
    Mathews County

If it is not on the Map, it is not in play

[​IMG]

HOW TO POST AN IMAGE
  2. UpST8

Oddometer:
    The gently arched bridge at the tag was built in 1996 of bent pine and weathered steel. It is the only bridge of its kind in Hampton Roads. For some it may take only a quick peake to figure where this one is. For others it may take alot to crack this nut of a tag. The river that runs under the bridge can be described as a 315 on the compass rose.

[​IMG]

**Caution-for anyone going after this tag within the next 24hours, the road was quite flooded due to all the rain, still passable. It would suck however to hit that water at say 45-60mph**
  3. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I thought I'd have half a chance of nailing it, I'd be there. But alas, one of the locals should have that one grabbed within an hour or two.
  4. TheWorstKind

TheWorstKind In the Wind

Oddometer:
    Man, what a BUNCH of crap. This is making me WALNUTS, really. I was just there, not more than three hours ago. And I was on the bike, too...I wish I would have known.
  5. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go back??? :rofl
  6. TheWorstKind

TheWorstKind In the Wind

Oddometer:
    Naaaw. I'm settled in for the night. But I might go do a quick grab in the morning.
  7. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    EXCELLENT. Another tag game in close proximity to my homestead...... :thumb
  8. meltonbmm

meltonbmm Kodesh2

Oddometer:
    Hmmm......lets hope this rule changes.:deal
    :rofl
  9. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    file photos are soooo richmond
  10. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    makes for quicker turn times tough....:rofl :rofl :deal :photog
    so does setting tags within a mile of the last one though....
    Bloomers-ville...bwaaaaaaahaaaaaaa haaaaa that one cracks me up...:rofl :rofl
  11. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer:
    You're so far South the NC Tag game is within reach too...:lol3
  12. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
    Good job UpST8! Congrats on starting this up, and hope it gets more folks riding down that way. Maybe someday we'll do a dual thread cross post with me taking a pic of your bike from the New Kent border and you mine from James City county. :lol3

Ya'll better watch out though. We have some serious riders here that have no problem heading out on a 300 mile trip at 3 in the am, so if you know where one is get it ASAP! You have been
    warned. :thumb
  13. UpST8

Oddometer:
    :nod Quick one before Church!! :nod Be careful with all that water though :ricky It wasn't slick, but man it sure was deep headed south bound. It should be down alot by morning though.

:lurk Hope to see new Tag tomorrow when I return from riding.
  14. UpST8

Oddometer:
    I do not believe it will or should, but that is just my opinion and who the heck am I? I think we will leave it to all to decide wether they obide by it or not.

I don't think it is terrible punishment to say "No File Photos", what is the worse that comes from that???? ":cry You mean I have to physically ride my motorcycle to a cool location for a picture?.......but I had already been there 3 years ago......:cry :cry :cry "

Come on.......this is all about riding right? :lol3 :lol3 :lol3
  15. UpST8

Oddometer:
    That's a great idear!! :lol3 I would do it!! I have never ridden out in that area before. Wait until we both have the tags and then shoot me some coordinates and time to meet up.
    :nod I know this to be very true!! :nod I felt like such a dweeb for not getting it with it being so close and here this lunatic runs all the way from Richmond in the rain at night to snag it away:lol3 :eek1 :lol3 :thumb
  16. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
    We'll definitely have to try it, it'll be a classic! And speaking of the lunatic :lol3, he's not logged in to the board :evil...just sayin'.
  17. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey! Hey!! I resemble that remark............ :lol3

Late start this a.m., so that one's safe from me......... for today. :evil
  18. Machtig

Machtig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since I'm an idiot and went to the wrong starbucks this morning, I decided to go grab the tag. I'll post the new one today, I hope.

[​IMG]
  19. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    Good grab!!!!!
  20. scdddvr

scdddvr Scdddvr"Aka"Seabee Diver

Oddometer:
    Tags from todays ride:1drink

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]