Chico, Ca Dualsport Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Bob Tosi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    The second picture is priceless. And can I remind people of your efforts in Mendocino last year, KLR Award winner. Or maybe doubling back to hit Military pass Rd after a group of dirt bikes skipped it the day before.

Be safe on that 530, we don't bounce well anymore.
  2. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Hop-Ssssinge,you should take a mental health day and come ride the High Lakes,we all have only so many cubits of time left on this orbiting blue ball.
    My 525 isnt on the road at the moment but Im working on it.

The DR could work but seems heavy.
  3. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the BMW is bigger than a KLR. I don't have a suitable bike for this ride. My wheel chair has a slow leak in the drive tire and I am waiting on parts. And my buddy is using the Tote Goat on a deer hunting trip. The Radio Flyer is my best bet if someone has a strong rope.

Knocked down ceiling and sheet rock all day, some fresh air would be nice.
    Fiberglass and asbestos for lunch.

I am wondering if I could fit a couple gallons in a backpack. I see granite and want some. I am confident I could keep up if it gets nasty, any smooth places I would be slow. The 4rt would be happy with me.
  4. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Speed is Not of the essence on high lake roads,a trials bike would be fine,Reddog would have a good place lined up to truck the T bike to. I rode it last time on my 200 from above Concow to Lake Almanor and that worked fine. We did 175 miles total over 2 days with a nice tri-tip dinner at a cabin at Lake Almanor.

Between various bikes carrying gas would be easy.

(Ive knocked down every bit of lath and plaster in an old house before,ultimate misery)
  5. LaPorte

LaPorte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am going up to my place (Brownsville) mid week to do some riding. I want to go do some exploring in the area between Bucks Lake and Quincy. Going to haul up my 450 and stage in the woods off of Bucks Lake Rd.. If anyone is interested?

LaPorte
  6. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten

Oddometer:
    Aw damn. Yer bikes too little! :lol3
  7. LaPorte

LaPorte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Hobbes

I hope all is well. I want to go play in the dirt.

LaPorte
  8. redog1

redog1 KTM 950se old fart

Oddometer:
    I think you refer to this trp in 2012, State of Jefferson Rally that SkiBumBrian put on. That was a fun weekend
    [​IMG]

:lol3

I'll get you guys up there one day Footdragger and Hop-Sing.

So, I have StuinFH and KLRCharlie for next Saturday so for. Any others that Im missing at this point? Why don't you come over Laporte?
  9. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Im hoping to get another water pump seal in the 525 and have it going,the weekend trip to Sequoyia collapsed when BiggerAl ginked his knee.
    If Munn racing can get another seal here,and then it doesnt leak like the last one Im good to go. My knee is sorta happier since the arthroscopy but will be some more weeks before its as good as it will get.
  10. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    I may pull a pig out of the barrel. A guided tour just might cost me. Sounds like a win win situation.
  11. redog1

redog1 KTM 950se old fart

Oddometer:
    come on...:clap
  12. StuInFH

StuInFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:

In. But I'm not the guy you met on Bob's ride that tried to talk you into getting a 530 that you subsequently got an owie on riding at Georgetown though. ;-)

Please clarify though. I also have a slightly "ginked" knee and was thinking this was a mellow 690 ride. What should I bring? A trials bike, 530, or 690? If Footdragger is coming I don't want to get run over on my TB. :-) And my bird legs can't hold the 690 up in rock gardens.

And HopSing, with the 4L number plate tank and the MSR Dromedary in a drybag (because it out-gasses real bad) in my backpack, I was able to do 55+ miles out and back on Rubicon and nearby areas with fuel to spare on my Scorpa. YMMV Join us on whatever you got!

Pic of the tank (Fordyce)

[​IMG]
  13. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    People always think Im a danger to others on the bike,I just dont get it.
  14. StuInFH

StuInFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think that. I know you are like the rest of us, kept busy enough with self-inflicted injuries. :-)

If you end up having to take your DR, I'll take my 690, and then HopZinger will be on equal (loose) footing on his bigger bike. I mean, if a KLR can make it.... ;-)
  15. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
  16. 8lives

8lives WTF, in Cannabis we trust.

Oddometer:
    I've seen that on Craigslist,I'm trying to get a buddy of mine to scratch up some money and get that DRZ,nice setup,oh hey does he work up at Keswick dam,just saw 1 like that parked in the employee parking lot?
  17. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I think Hopi-Singes will take his Trials Bike,those GS 650's go well over 400lbs and there Are a few rocks involved,here and there.
    After just having my knee re-jetted I dont want to bounce the DR around so the 525 will have to be it,or take my 300 which is the best bike of the bunch anyways.

(KLR's can make it but the BLM CAN charge for broken rocks and other terrain damage)
  18. Rockgarden Bob

Rockgarden Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haven't looked at this thread for a while, sounds like fun. I'll be there on my BRP

[​IMG]
  19. XLEnduroMan

XLEnduroMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is the recent talk of a High Lakes Sat/Sun ride? Sticking to the roads or looking for trails along the way? I ride my TE 510 up there and it eats that schit up. If its a stick to the roads ride my TE 630 would eat that schit up also. I would be in to tagging along, if I have the day off from work of course. I will keep an eye open.
  20. 8lives

8lives WTF, in Cannabis we trust.

Oddometer:
    A couple us are gonna take a quick ride up to Bully Shoop from the 299 Buckhorn MTN side in the morning and then maybe who knows where from there,easy dirt road V Strom kinda stuff if anyone is lookin for a place to go?