What are you paying for 2014 GSA Accessories

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Porkchopx, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Porkchopx

Porkchopx n00b

Oddometer:
    I am getting ready to purchase a 2014 GSA with the Premium package for 22,045. They are not offering a discount on the bike which seems normal since it is so popular right now. They are giving me $3,500 trade for my 08 KLR 650 which I am very happy with.

But I am purchasing a little over 3k in accessories and they are only offering 10% off on the accessories (paniers, top case, gps etc). Should I try to negotiate a better discount on the accessories?

thx!
  2. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can certainly counter offer,some folks report getting up to 20% off on accessories/clothing at time of purchase.
    Maybe ask for a free first service too,or instead of asking for more discount.

Seems like if you are spending 25k plus $ that they could be a little more flexible,but then again the bike will readily sell in a day or two if you hesitate.

JR356
  3. JohnWa

JohnWa Dream Weaver

Oddometer:
    The best I could get was to have my dealer match the price of Max BMW after taxes. Since I wouldn't have to pay tax through Max (out of state), it ended up to be about 10%, since they are a little cheaper on the parts, too.
  4. Raaze14

Raaze14 Studly(?) Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When I bought mine BMW was offering 20% off on accessories for the bike (it was a graduated scale, and if you bought > $500 the discount reached a max of 20%).

On top of that my dealer gave me another 15%, so I bought everything I thought I might want, ended up saving something like $1200 overall (plus tax).
  5. JetSpeed

JetSpeed Naviator

Oddometer:

So you're saying that you ultimately received 35% off your BMW accessories?

I would have bought 2 of everything they made for the bike at that deal.
  6. Hoop71

Hoop71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully picking up my GSA today:clap

I could only haggle a 10% discount on accessories as well.

Bought the cases and GPS so it still worked out to about $300 off so better than nothing I guess.
  7. Raaze14

Raaze14 Studly(?) Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wish I'd have thought of that. :deal
  8. ExDucRider

ExDucRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I live in the Bay Area and 3 dealers that I called around me are not giving a penny discount on a 2014 GSW w/ premium package. All of them want $22046.00 OTD. One of the dealer doesn't even have it in stock in any color. The other dealer does not have the color I want. The other dealer have the color I want with no discount but willing to give me 10% discount on any accessories. I told them that it's against my religion to pay full price. The dealer that have the color I want told me that, he doesn't think that I am going to be 1200GS owner in the near future. Make long story short, I did find a dealer that sold me one for $20k OTD. I have to drive 1 hour and 20 min to get it, but I did find a dealer that gave me what I want. :evil
  9. mefly2

mefly2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    10% discount seems to be the going rate on accessories purchased with a new BMW.
  10. OldMotoGuySoCal

OldMotoGuySoCal Returning Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    My So Cal dealer gave me 15% off parts and accesories along with free installation for all accessories at the time of purchase and for the 30 days following. I paid sticker price for a loaded 2014 GSW but feel it is fair considering the demand and he needs to make a profit to stay in business. I ordered the bike and got exactly what I wanted and I am happy happy happy. I love that bike!!!!
  11. spagthorpe

spagthorpe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would be hard pressed to pay MSRP for any bike. I've gotten all the BMWs I've boought as new bikes at least a few thousand off sticker. Of course, I look for opportune times to buy.

My local dealer gives you all accessories at dealer cost for the first 30-days after purchase. That applies to BMW accessories or 3rd party ones. When I bought my 2009 GSA, that got me a complete set of Gerbings at a nice price, along with a handful of other things I wanted for a cross country trip. I wish I had needed more, it's a hell of a deal. The parts guy usually hooks me up with good deals anyway, so I'm a pretty loyal customer.
  12. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    You're not very helpful there ... :deal
  13. Byrdguy

Byrdguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got 20% off BMW accessories plus a free 600 mi. service.
  14. ExDucRider

ExDucRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Roseville, CA. :D
  15. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. Thought so as these guys are normally okay to deal with.