Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    Gorgeous.
  2. vtbob

vtbob wanderer

Oddometer:
    I my scrambler is was a failed ignition coil. the scrabblers have two (because of the 270 degree firing order.). It was a soft failure so some time it would run on both cylinder and then drop one...it got worse over time ..till I finally figured it out.
  3. B02S4

B02S4 Aye

Oddometer:

Gill OEM coils are a known vulnerability...PVL (rebranded as Nology in NA) coils have proven to be more reliable.
  4. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    20 000 km on it. But it's a carbureted.
    The ignition sensor is 0,6 Kohms cold, 0,8 to 1 Kohms when warm. The dealer think it could be that.
  5. rous44

rous44 Long timer

Oddometer:

I have a couple of new Nology coils still in the original packaging, if anyone is interested in buying them. Half of new price.

6. RamesesThe2nd

RamesesThe2nd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2014 Scrambler. Take it to the darn dealership and have them fix it for free. This shit should be covered under factory warranty.

7. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    Very good deal. Wish you posted this last fall when I bought new coils at full price.
  8. Bugchewer

Bugchewer Piece of Work

Oddometer:
    WNY hills of Wyoming County, maple syrup & cheese!

Get this. I called the dealer and they were too "slammed" to schedule me. They want me to call back later in the week. I have now decided who gets my service and product business, the local shop three miles from me. They are putting on a new tire after I toated the stock trailwing on my trip to Vt.

I have purchased three bikes from this dealer and I know I won't ever purchase a 4th from them.
  9. RedMenace

RedMenace Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer:
    recent ride checking out a route for the upcoming BlackDog Dualsport Rally

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. rous44

rous44 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have taken mine to the dealership twice with the same problem. Although helpful and sympathetic, their only solution is to install a new battery.
    Pointed out all the other riders with the same problem; they say Triumph is unaware of any other Scramblers with this problem.
    Did find an electrical engineer on a Italian Triumph site who had a long and very technical explanation involving the crank sensor. It seemed to make sense, but beyond my abilities to correct.
    It would seem that Lord Lucas, the prince of darkness, has risen to strike again. If anyone has gotten a reply from the factory on this, I would like to hear about it so I can once again confront my dealer.

11. Bugchewer

Bugchewer Piece of Work

Oddometer:
    Dealer is looking at bike tomorrow and is ordering a new side stand. I spoke with the sales mgr and I believe he may have read the riot act to the service mgr.
  12. Kiwi Mo

Kiwi Mo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is the stand bent?
  13. RedMenace

RedMenace Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer:
    this bike seemed wrong without a tach. Just put it on the other night. Couldn't be simpler, took about twenty minutes including fishing through a bin of mixed nuts and bolts for the fasteners and time spent looking for that wrench I had in my hand not 5 minutes ago!

[​IMG]

I was disappointed to find the red LED in the New Bonneville conversion kit is too large for the Scrambler tach, so I swiped some red nail polish from my wife and painted the bulb:rofl Looks just like the red LED illuminating the speedometer so I figure it's good enuf!

[​IMG]

I plan to add an oil pressure gauge then I should have the instrument cluster the way I want it
  14. Bugchewer

Bugchewer Piece of Work

Oddometer:
    I have nothing to compare it to but I will tomorrow. Some yahoo on the Triumph forum accused me of sitting on the bike and using it to hold my weight to dismount and tried to lecture me on how to use a kick stand. Where do these people come from? Apparently they have an over infatuation with their own grandiosity. Bags of arses I don't care to meet ever. I just think it was a clunker of a side stand and it bent. The service mgr and I will look it over tomorrow. There is no other logical explanation. The two guys I was with are life long riders and they were dum founded as well. Something tweaked for sure.
  15. Nothinghead

Nothinghead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered some Metal Mule racks and the Kreiga Overlander 60. Here's hoping they work as well for me as they did for Mastodon.
  16. DaSwami

DaSwami Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All,

Breaking in my new 2013 Scrambler, one issue I'm having is the high frequency buzz in the handlebar grips puts my hands to sleep. I've tried two sets of gloves and even bare handed, but for some reason the particular frequency of the Scram just doesn't work with my hands. Never had this happen before...I'm guessing I need some type of cushy/gel aftermarket grips to kill the vibration...please someone tell me what works.

Thanks,

Scott
  17. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    ??? I never felt any vibrations in the handlebar. Do you still have the OEM one?
  18. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, that's it. I wasen't knowing the name in English. Seems to be that on mine too.
  19. MightyChosen1

MightyChosen1 I wanna be sedated

Oddometer:

I had the same thing happen to mine and it ended up that the nut on the end of the bolt that holds the sidestand on had disappeared. About the same time the front sprocket nut had loosened up and made a clunking noise when taking off.

After that I checked all the bolts on the bike and found a few more not to spec. A little Loctite and everything has been fine for the last 10k miles but I still check about every other oil change.
  20. rous44

rous44 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let us know how this problem gets resolved, please.