Suzuki TU250

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by RoyQ, Aug 1, 2009.

1. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a good look at one today at the dealer did alot of sitting on it. For some strange reason i like it. It is Fuel Injected also. Anybody rode one?
  2. EdM

EdM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is at least one thread in the "Thumpers" section that has some rider input. Just search for TU250 there.

Ned
  3. Rich Dubbya

Rich Dubbya Pimpadimpolis

Oddometer:
    Cool little bike . Really small .
  4. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Priced at $3799... :confused
  5. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    I saw one in the showroom the other day. I really like it. If I had the play money, I would own one of these...
  6. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is also a Yahoo "group" on the TU250.

jon
  7. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was really looking forward to the arrival of the TU250. I thought for sure I was going to buy one. Im 5'11/230lbs and after sitting on it felt it was just a bit too small for me. If they ever made a 650 version I would buy one.
  8. Mike Butt

Mike Butt Agent Provocateur

Oddometer:
    I think it would be a cool platform for a late-60s style cafe racer.

[​IMG]
  9. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saw one today when I went to pick up an oil filter. Sweet looking little bike! I sat on it and walked round and round.. very cool.

I believe I was the only one there who gave it more than a sideways glance.

[​IMG]
  10. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Motorcycle Consumer News really liked it.

:wave
  11. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF

Oddometer:
    Saw one the other day with an adult male rider. Turned and went up a gradual hill. Seemed to take a while. That was the turn-off for me. I really like the bike's looks.
  12. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can't help feeling it would be infinitely better as a 350 or 400cc twin
  13. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    They didn't pay $3799 for it.. for that amount you could buy something else that is more capable all around..

TU250 has a rear drum brake, you gotta go back pretty far to find a used bike that cost over $3000 with a rear drum brake.

Does the Ninja 250 have FI? how much does that cost?

It's one thing that manufactuer create a "retro" bike with modern features, but TU250 is simply not practical for its price.

Sorry for the rant, but this bike seems like a waste of resources and manufacturing capability.
    Smaug1 likes this.
  14. iamcanjim

iamcanjim Snorting snow.

Oddometer:
    Take a look at an early 80's Suzuki GN250.

This engine is the workhorse of of asia.
  15. straightrod

straightrod Long timer

Oddometer:
    It may be the work horse of Asia, but out here we have to get out of the way of Clydesdales called SUVs not some water buffalo pulling a cart!
  16. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I think bicycles are the workhorses of Asia. :D
  17. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well there are some Honda Cruisers that have rear drum brakes and they seem ok for some. I believe that this is not a bike to be use for Interstate, and it is for around town, minimalist touring and back roads. It could have a nice space as a second bike for the other days if you live were only interstate is the way to go.

The ninja is around $4 k and I beilive it is for another type of customer, the TU will be aiming for th Rebel 250 from Honda (IMHO) and it could be pretty much a nice contender. And it is about time time somebody came up with a light weight small displacement bike that is dosent come with a 35+ in seat height (think Yamaha new FI DP bikes, and SM).

Top speed you need? there is always an R1 somewhere there

I like it also, and I think it could be my #1 solo bike, and the wife, and friends could learn on this non intimidating bike. Yes I do a lot of city driving.

Just my 2 cents

Damasovi
  18. PartyOfOne

PartyOfOne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got to ride a brand new Suzuki TU250X :D with not even one mile on the odometer for the MSF class recently in Houston. It's fuel injected so there is no fuel switch. There is a side stand sensor so the bike cannot go out of first gear with the side stand down. It's very nimble and light. Since I'm a newbie, I don't know enough to critic the bike mechanically.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Post no 1. Done! :wings
  19. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome PartyOfOne!

So how did you like the MSF course? Did you like riding the 250?
  20. PartyOfOne

PartyOfOne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Holly cow. The weather was so hot!!!! The only relief was when you are done with your turn at each riding skill and I get to twist that throttle to zoom back in line. That's when you can get some fresh air.

I like the TU250 a lot but not for $3700.00. One of the brand new bike got dropped four times by a young lady. She was having a lot of problems due to her height. On the second day, the instructor switched out her bike to a lower bike and she only drop that new bike one time.:evil . She passed the course :clap

I missed a perfect score on the final skill test during the emergency break because I thought geared back from third to first during the breaking but I was actually in neutral so the instructor thought that I forgot to switch gear and took off 5 points.:(:

I rode back in the late eighties and hung it up with new wife and kids. Several months ago I was surfing and found an interesting website. The more I lurk the site, the more something in me wants to ride again. So if I kill myself, ADVrider is to blame ok? :lol3

btw: I'm riding the same bike I got twenty something years ago...an 86 VF500. A KLR is in my plan for the future.