2014 Dacre Challenge -Who's In so Far?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jbone11 11, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe a bust of a thread, but seeing as Registration has opened up for the Vets and will shortly open up for new teams, I thought I'd see how many are in for this year. This year will be my first attempt and thought this might be a good general spot for those attending to post up ideas, thoughts, general info and generally connect with others that will be attending.

See ya'll on the trail! :ricky
  2. Sewerat

Sewerat Cert. bike whore

Oddometer:
    I have wanted to do this ride for a few years, but have yet to be invited to a team or find other willing souls to participate... There's always next years
  3. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Have our team together and are signed up! :clap
    Looking forward to this ride. Those without teams could likely call RC and get a list going.

I don't see Rally Connex on here with an active presence to promote their events. Am I missing something? :ear
  4. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hence this thread.:evil

I have a team together but we are all new to the event so we're just waiting for registration to open up to new teams on the 17th. What Im curious to find out is how many new teams there will be vs. returning teams.
  5. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:

Dirtn Blood, doesn't talk much unless this thread goes very a-stray. I believe he follows it however,,.. Kevin puts on a great organized event,,,. routes are great and accurate...
  6. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I for one, am really looking forward to it! Im even a little nervous, mostly about the miles invovled. I've done plenty of real long days in the saddle but not off road, at night and in challenging terrain.

But I just tell myself that if we can keep an average speed of 50-60km/h and don't suffer any major offs or set backs like flats or a bike going for a swim we will make it before dark......thats what I tell myself......:twitch:lol3
  7. TW Bandit

TW Bandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No your not missing anything. Every time Rally Connex try's to post a thread on here they get bumped to the gear / vendors area. I'll email them and try to get something going. In the mean time there website and face book are posting event news.
  8. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    +1 Quality events with good people.

As always I'm looking for a finish as goal one. If we happen to be competitive as far as average speed and final time so be it, far less important than finishing as a team. Goal two: Have fun and the final goal don't break anything.
  9. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    Ah, well I am happy to promote the shit out of their events. Really enjoyed the last Rock Hound. These sort of have fun meet new people events that are wrapped around the common enjoyment of riding makes for a great mix. I may even keep my pants on for this event.
  10. TW Bandit

TW Bandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There was allot of people in that event that took there pants off! LOL.
  11. huron52

huron52 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried to invite myself to a team and to help as a support person with truck.
    Want to watch and see. Was told get some people together yourself and ride.
    Not very helpful advice in my opinon.

Not quite ready to jump in with both feet as to ride the rally.

SOOOO Any one intersted in a person with a truck as a support? In saying this I hope I don't get more offers than I want. PM me if interested
  12. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any idea what the odds are of not getting a flat or mech issue assuming your bike is in good condition? Trying to work out if our team could conceavably make it to the finish before dark if none of us suffer a breakdown and given our level of riding....a bunch of Chris Birch's we are not :D
  13. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    I think the way it is set up is that you will be riding at the last leg in the dark regardless of how quickly you finish the previous two legs. Anyone confirm this?
  14. dachef

dachef Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bike in good condition, ultra heavy duty tubes. Riding sensibly you shouldn't have a problem. But shit does happen especially if the bike is laying on its side alot. Making to the finish before dark on a ktm twin ...zero:D:D:D.
    Now with the speed limit set by R C. , you can't burn down the roads at 160+.
    You need to make up your time in the gnarly stuff.
  15. dachef

dachef Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fastest team maybe not. But most mortals will be.
  16. dirtinblood

dirtinblood Ontariariario

Oddometer:
    Gents
    I just found out about this thread. Make sure you read the details page on our website. We are adding more details as we go.
    The last running of the Dacre had a team of 990/950s in the top 5, so there is hope for those riding big iron. The key is to be consistent, and minimize stop time. All teams must stop at check points momentarily, but the gas bars are where you can gain advantage. There is a wide variety terrain, ranging from gravel, sand and mud, to wet bedrock and football size rocks. You will see every type of soil condition that southern ontario offers.
    Make sure your bike is in top condition, especially tires and bearings. Wear the most aggressive tread you can find. The MotoZ Tractionators and Heidenau DOT knobbies work very well, but there are lots of choices out there these days.
    Your team should be evenly matched in ability and tenacity.
    This is called "The Longest Day" for a reason. There is about 16 hours of riding waiting for you, so ride as a team, pee as a team, gas up as a team, encourage eachother all day, and by all means enjoy the whole experience.
  17. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input dirtnblood. It is much appreciated. I've been checking the RC page on a regular basis but I was wondering if you had a word or two about support vehicles.

How will they work this year? I don't think we will be making much use of one, maiybe have one meet up halfway through or something. Basically I just need my truck and trailer to be at the finish so I can get home....figure if the truck will be driven to the finish for us, might as well have it meet up with us at least once.

Is the support vehicle portion an all of nothing affair? And by that I mean is it set up so that if your team uses a support vehicle, it has to make a certain amount of check points or is it pretty loose?

I think we'd be good either way...just want to get a good idea of what we can expect on all fronts.
  18. TW Bandit

TW Bandit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just saw on facebook that the Dacre is starting from Mosport raceway. hmmmm wonder if the track will be an option!
  19. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep....and Fuckin' A welcome news that is for me! LOL! Much closer than where I thought it would be:D ... for what ever reason I had it in m head that the start would be out the other side of Hamilton....Bowmanville is about 1.5hrs closer to me....probably more if you had to wrestle Toronto traffic at all.
  20. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    BTW...anyone know what the overall cap is on this event? How many teams are allowed to register before registration is closed? Wondering how many riders to expect and if this event sells out....can sell out?