Upstate SC Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by cbolling, May 17, 2010.

1. Jo Jo

Jo Jo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, I know where this is and it's a few miles away, if only I knew how to post:huh :eek1
  2. Jo Jo

Jo Jo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is a test attempt only, thanks for allowing me to learn, Joel.

It worked, now to figure out how to do it from the phone, hmmmmmm, thanks again, Joel

Attached Files:

3. Django

Django Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I got it...

[​IMG]

Too bad I didn't read the rules that state I have to post my Tag within 6hrs of my Grab. Oh well. I actually didn't know where this tag was. I've never been through that part of this town. I was just out riding around randomly and saw it there. Talk about serendipity!
  4. Bagmaster

Bagmaster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Read the rules again, you've got it backwards. Rules state to post new tag within 6 hrs of you posting your grab shot, so you're fine.

5. Django

Django Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Well... ain't that as clear as mud. :rofl
  6. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    So where was the tower?
  7. PropellerHead

PropellerHead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Easly
  8. French

French Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I need to go and get some nice tags to keep on file. Nice grab. I did have a hard time finding any history on the clock tower.
  9. Django

Django Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since I didn't post a new tag within 6 hours of grabbing the old tag. That means that French's tag is still the one to get. Which is why I didn't reveal the location of the tower and chose to say I found it while riding through "that" town in my grab post.
  10. PropellerHead

PropellerHead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ooops! my bad. :krusty
  11. kalonji

kalonji nihilism or nothing

Oddometer:
    Django, your time starts when the pic is posted.

Traditionally, the tag location is revealed with the grab. If you don't post within the time frame (6 hrs) then the previous poster/grabber puts up a NEW tag.

Thus the current tag wouldn't be the tower but what but whatever Frenchy decided to post. Basically the game is on hold until a new tag is put up.

Now that is how the statewide game is played. I read the rules and that's what they mean to me if you upstaters are doin' it differently sorry to meddle in your affairs.
  12. hojo in sc

hojo in sc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sort of yes, at least that is the way it has been run. BUT, does French have to put up a NEW tag or just use the one that is out there now and make someone go get it (true, no real challenge but it really wasn't that difficult to figure out anyway).

I don't think the rules says WHAT HAS TO BE DONE, just that the tag is reverted back to the original owner. In the past when the tag goes back to the original owner, it is there tag, kind of gives some wiggle room if you ask me (especially if French doesn't have any file photos ready), after all, it is only a game.
  13. Django

Django Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm wanting to participate. I will make a point to build up some photos to have "on file". So next time I post a grab, I can follow it up quickly with a new tag and keep the game moving along. Sorry for the hiccup.
  14. hojo in sc

hojo in sc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have a tag photo now, I guess it would be up to French, and not sure if he has a tag photo ready to go. It wouldn't bother me if French said go ahead and post a tag. While we like to keep the game moving, I hate to see it run too hard on people.
  15. Blur

Blur No It All.

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Chris!
    What if I live in Norf Cackalacky?? :wink:
    Can I still play? I'm only a stone's throw from the border.
    Vanishing Point likes this.
  16. hojo in sc

hojo in sc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sure you can play, but you can't take the tag back with you, you have to leave it in the Upstate Zone, that goes with any of the other tags (Midlands, Low Country, or the State Tag). Oh, and watch out for the time limit. :deal
  17. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Yea French, throw up a picture of your bike somewhere in the upstate if you have one.
  18. French

French Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh the pressure, Chief, THE SPIRITS HAVE GOT ME. You have to read that in Dave Chapelle's voice. I do not currently have a new tag to post other than the tower and I would gladly exercise either option to let someone else grab the tower tag or let original grabber post what they can when they can. Whichever comes first, just to keep the game rolling.
  19. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Well Django, French is willing to let you post a new tag. So how about it? Got anything available to throw up?
  20. hojo in sc

hojo in sc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Been awhile, wondering if I should throw a tag out there myself.