ktm 500 exc?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Visigothic, Apr 27, 2011.

1. deminimis

deminimis I Eat Glue

Oddometer:
    That's the 500exc image right from the Mother Land's KTM website (can't get there from the US site when I tried). It looks like a DOHC engine to me. Being a huge fan of the 505, I'm very interested in laying some eyes on an actual specimen. Who knows. Here's the link regardless: http://www.ktm.com/at/enduro/500-exc-six-days.html
  2. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    The picture is still wrong. The 500 uses a OHC head and same bore and stroke as the previous 520/525/530s. 450/505 SX-F are completely different.

500 EXC:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. deminimis

deminimis I Eat Glue

Oddometer:
    Those bastards!
  4. Moto Vaquero

Moto Vaquero Trail less traveled

Oddometer:
  5. deminimis

deminimis I Eat Glue

Oddometer:
    KTM seems to have a habit of that. Why I remember way back in the day, with 505 xc-f images, they included a 2-smoke in the mix.

Well, the wind has been officially sucked from my sails. I was ready to sell my 950 and 505 and get me a RF4-like 500exc. Dang.
  6. Magile

Magile Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here're a few more shots of the 2012 Euro 350 EXC...picture it with a a few more mm's of bore/stroke and you have an idea of what the 500 will look like...

[​IMG]

ISDE version -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Power Parts farkle -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheers, M.
  7. kaiden

kaiden Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been waiting and waiting for an EXC with EFI in the States for sometime... I also would like the linkage but I can settle. However since the new Euro models have dropped on the KTM Euro site, every dealer I have spoken to said they feel that KTM will not bring the EFI to the states. Well I did a little nerd-ing around and found this technical data hidden in the KTM USA Site... I hope it's true! The pic is small but the Carb states EFI... Again I am sorry for the small screenshot but in the corner you can see that it's the North America site... I just changed the addresses around and brought up the un linked US Version.

[​IMG]
  8. Visigothic

Visigothic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I for one would love the carb'd version. It would seem KTM is still not up on their EFI working right, read the 690 thread fest. New fuel pumps , a VOTEX ECU, and time plus countless hours of agony with no answers, please give me a carb and a jet kit any day it works.

Of course I guess they could give everyone an APP for our phones we could plug in and down load via 4G the latest fix of the day while out on the trail:lol3
  9. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:
    Read the berg thread and the fi is spot on , the new KTM's will have FI same as the berg NOT 690's , My 500exc arrives next month :evil
  10. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Just found this, interesting as they have gone full circle on the whole oil thing, my 04 450 has 2 pumps, 2 filters and holds 1.3 litres, probably the same volume, though im not sure.

I say embrace EFI, its here to stay.

As for the 690 merged thread fest, its not a lie, but its not the whole story either.

I have had a 690 for 2.5 years now, and have not had a single issue with it... at all. I suspect I am not the only one.

Either way, the new 500 looks beautiful, would trade my left nut for one... dont need that one anyways.
  11. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    +1 all counts.

Iphorde has TWO 690's and both versions of the 350. All spot-on.

My old man used to tell me "believe none of what ya hear, and half of what ya read". Well, I've ridden the bikes.
  12. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I find myself staring at your avitar with a crazed look on my face! OH CANADA!

Oh and I want a 500exc also!

Bundy
  13. Visigothic

Visigothic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We expect a full report on it, everything and I mean everything:deal
  14. Bob599

Bob599 Bob599

Oddometer:
    The land of Beer and Cheese (Hartland WI)
    Any idea when the 500 will be available in the US? I went to buy a 530 this week and my dealer is still trying to locate one. Maybe I should wait.....but how long?
  15. kaiden

kaiden Adventurer

Oddometer:

+1 --- Yes I would like to know this as well! I am waiting and waiting and waiting.... As soon as I know what the TRUE U.S Specs are I am going to plunk down my deposit FAST! I just need to know that there are major changes worth waiting... is all....
  16. gmtcm

gmtcm KTM RIDER

Oddometer:
    After the Dealer Show the 26-28 we should have the answers to many of our questions. Right now you can download the "Owners Manual" on the web which covers the XC-W USA, but not the EXC USA version of this bike. Just Google "2012 KTM 500 EXC Owners Manual" and it will come up.
  17. Yzlvr

Yzlvr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I cant wait..
  18. BSchu

BSchu Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. Bob599

Bob599 Bob599

Oddometer:
    The land of Beer and Cheese (Hartland WI)
    Screw it! I bought a 530. Couldn't wait any longer. I am old and slow, so it doesn't matter as much for me.:lol3
  20. gmtcm

gmtcm KTM RIDER

Oddometer:
    Keep an eye on the oil level of your 530. I saw the 2012 KTM 500 details my dealer brought back from the dealer show in St Paul. For the EXC USA version, I'm not fond of the black rims and spokes. I could be wrong, but the GIANT rims may come from China. Who knows! the entire bike may be marketed by Ta Ta in India (just kidding).