BOLO - Assault by MC in Ridgefield NJ

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by lmychajluk, Apr 23, 2014.

1. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. ADVwanaB

ADVwanaB BOLD NEW AVATAR

Oddometer:
    another reason why NJ should have the right to open carry.
    $1.50 would have fixed that shit in a heartbeat.

Fucking scumbags in this world today get away with murder, literally, because the courts won't hold folks responsible for their actions.

Hope I don't get banned for my rant, but people SUCK!!
  3. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's been awhile since I bought ammo. I hope that $1.50 is for at least 3 rounds!
  4. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    I think we all know auto drivers who get uncomfortable when they see motorcycles near them on the road, and they sometimes equate the much smaller size of a motorcycle as requiring less space in which to navigate. I have been cut off and had others do some scary moves, but even with all my efforts at increasing my conspicuity, the reality is that sometimes that just don't see me, or it doesn't register what I am in their minds. That is why I always assume that every car I see making a left turn in my direction will do so, and every car that can pull out in front of me will also do so. It's called driving defensively, and you almost have to think of it like a big video game, where everyone is out to get you.
    Paranoid? Maybe, but sometimes they ARE out to get you!
    Getting into any kind of verbal back and forth with a total stranger is just stupid, and having done it myself, I can think back on it with both shame and relief; shame that I let my testosterone wind me up, and relief that the guy in the other car didn't pull a gun out. Since getting back on a bike a few years ago, I have really learned to let it go, and just enjoy the ride. Oh yeah, and ATGATT, with no exceptions.
  5. enduro gorilla

enduro gorilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Adv wannabe

You would shoot someone because you got punched in the face. If you read the article the van driver went after the green motorcycle . It seems the driver of the black motorcycle came to his aid. If you commute year round like I do you see cagers get too agressive towards us motorcyclists . Sometimes only option is to defend yourself I bet the van tried to run them down. I've been cut off by caters but then they waved and apologized and stated they didn't see me. Other times it was a altercation. Either way nj roads are too crowded and people unfortunately don't have respect for one another . It's this horrible jersey attitude . Our governor is the prime example.
  6. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got a link to that article, because that's not what was in the one I originally posted above.

From the article:
    Sounds like the van driver (who may or may not have cut off the bikes, but that happens every day in NJ) was trying to stop the green bike from getting away after the biker damaged the van. Other than shouting, I don't see any indication from this article that the van driver 'went after' either of the bikers. If there's more info out there, post it up.

On the side topic...

You don't shoot someone for punching you in the face. It's not a 'revenge' thing. But, you may have to shoot someone to prevent them from attacking you in the first place. Any assault can be deadly, and how are you supposed to know when your attacker will stop?
    http://news.sky.com/story/1217207/man-jailed-after-one-punch-killed-stranger

You think an unarmed 58yo van driver was a match for the 6'4" guy in the picture (he looks pretty built) and should've duked it out with him, his buddy, and his gf? We see how that ended up. A gun is an equalizer. It makes an old man the equal to a 21 year old attacker in terms of how much force can be applied, either for attack or defense. Once on equal footing, that attacker may think twice about what he's getting into.

The van driver may or may not have been in the right as far as 'cutting them off' (maybe they could've let him merge in?), but that doesn't justify the bikers' actions of attacking his van or him.
  7. robert110411

robert110411 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Once the beating starts, all bets are off. I don't care why/if/how the van driver was a jackass. I don't care why/if/how the guys on the bikes were jackasses.

Once one person puts their hand on another, all bets are off.

Yes, New Jersey's carry laws are shit, but the people of N.J. don't do anything about so they get to live with them. I remember the Jerk Off police cheif from the small N.J town I lived in at the time telling me that he had done his best to make sure noone had even gotten a permit to buy a pistol on his watch.

Anyway, back to the "hands on" thing. Both Gerber and Columbia River Knife and Tool make excellent pocket sized knifes for just such an occassion. I've carrid one of each in third world shitholes where Americans are hated and they are very effective.

""He then punched the victim in the face, dragged him across the ground, and continued to strike him," police said in a statement, adding that he then ripped off all the vehicle's mirrors and smashed in a window.
    The trio threatened bystanders who attempted to intervene and fled south on Broad Avenue, police said.""

Really? So these jerk offs threatened anyone who tried to help stop them from beating up a 60 year old man? That's pretty brave.

6'4" isn't so tall after you jab 3" of serated steal in it's thigh and rip......and it's laying on the ground bleeding to death.
  8. enduro gorilla

enduro gorilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Every situation is different on the street. Yes it was wrong to beat the guy but without seeing the whole situation none of us know what really happened. My 25 years riding a street bike I've seen it all . People weaving into my lane purposely
    Following too closely. Getting passed and almost having my legs taken off cause the car in front was going too slow. Yes it's the chance you take riding in NJ. Pull a weapon out in this liberal state and use it and away to prison you go. I'm not against weapons , I know people need to defend themselves when in grave danger.
  9. hitmanlol

hitmanlol Cotor Myclist

Oddometer:
    everyone involved in the situation is stupid

dammit why can't people control themselves

PISSES ME OFF.
  10. tjzondrz

tjzondrz Non-Nefarious

Oddometer:
    Hmmm,

What race was the van driver?
    Could this be a HATE CRIME?:deal
  11. Merckx the Cannibal

Merckx the Cannibal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would shelter these guys, not "be on the lookout" for them.

Let's recap:

A van driver cuts off a couple of motorcyclists.

Guy on the Kawasaki gets into a shouting match with the driver of the van.

Guy on the white bike smashes the van's mirror.

Guy on the Kawasaki rides away after NOT smashing a mirror, but only getting into a shouting match.

Van driver "attempt[ed] to box the [Kawasaki rider] in at a nearby parking lot."

!!!

What is the meaning of this term "box in?" That's a euphemism and it's sad that the police let the van driver get away with it. It sounds like the van driver was trying to run over the guy on the Kawasaki. So he got beaten up.

Don't go turning a 58-year-old man into a 60-year-old, and don't try to tell me that guys on motorcycles are the bullies when the driver of a multi-ton van tries to run a motorcycle down.
  12. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would you shelter an accused child molester in your house, with your kids, just because he rides a motorcycle? Just because you may have something in common with someone (be it a hobby, skin color, or last name) doesn't necessarily make them innocent.

Really? Where'd you get that from, and if so, how did the big guy on the B&W bike come up from behind and grab the van driver by the throat if he was seated behind the wheel of his multi-ton vehicle? Based on what we know, sounds to me like he was out of the van, maybe standing in the driveway of the parking lot trying to keep the green bike rider in the parking lot until cops showed up. Either that or he was pulled from the van. Either way, if anyone has more info (police statements, witness quotes, etc..), please post it. If the guys on the bikes were so innocent, why didn't they stick around to press charges against the van driver?
  13. robert110411

robert110411 Long timer

Oddometer:
    "What is the meaning of this term "box in?" That's a euphemism and it's sad that the police let the van driver get away with it. It sounds like the van driver was trying to run over the guy on the Kawasaki. So he got beaten up.

Don't go turning a 58-year-old man into a 60-year-old, and don't try to tell me that guys on motorcycles are the bullies when the driver of a multi-ton van tries to run a motorcycle down."

Yeah, Not buying it. I have no doubt that the van driver was an asshole. Doesn't matter unless of course the guy in the van actually got out of the van and laid hands on one of the riders first. He obvioulsy didn't hit them.

Like I said. All bets are off once the one hand is laid.

And 58 is close enough to 60 that the asshole on the bike was nothing more than a pathetic piece of shit beating up an old man.

I've got a garage full of bikes and it pisses me off too how some cage drivers behave. That doesn't make it ok to justify the behavior of a couple of little punk bitches.
  14. 06wrx

06wrx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is the Drake case pending in the Supreme Court. If they take the case(we'll know on Monday morning), there's a good chance they will rule NJ's carry laws as unconstitutional.
    NJ's Attorney General even wrote in the reply brief requesting the court not hear the case that NJ's carry permitting system is a "scheme".
    Definition of "scheme"(as a verb):
    1. make plans, especially in a devious way or with intent to do something illegal or wrong.
  15. lulo

lulo Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer:
    People around here lack the moral fortitude and responsibility to be able to bear the right to carry concealed weapons, I live here and that's my opinion, your entitled to yours witch ever it may be.

I ride in the area and know that most of the time fucking cagers are too busy droning to their radio, cell etc and they just don't notice bikes, that just means I have to be uber attentive to their moves all the time if I plan to exercise my will to ride on 2 wheels powered or not.

Does it upset me when assholes cut me off on porpoise or not, yes

Does it give me the right to fight them or argue w them, maybe yes by the law of animals but it's just stupid by the law of I'm a grown human being, the whole porpoise of riding instead of caging to me is to disconnect from the stupidity of people and being able to just go around you and move on.

Just last week, I was on the I84 in ny, there was a miles long backup due to an accident, as usual I fired my 4ways on the bike and very slowly and respectfully at not more the 20 mph I started riding the shoulder, up ahead I noticed a semi that moved from his lane onto the shoulder and started to ride there w traffic I hanged back for a bit then decided to maneuver around him, as soon as I did he cut me off, I hanged back thinking he might not seen me witch I found hard considering I was on my GSA w full hid's on high/low beams , fog lights and flashers, tried again and he did it again, now I knew he was doing it on porpoise, did it piss me off.....a little, I just went around the outside of the other lane and cut back again....since traffic was stop and go I was able to put a couple cars distance I front, I just pulled for a a second, made eye contact and gestured to my crotch then at him and showed him how small of a cock he had......boy he was pissed and was i laughing, just turned around waved good bye and went my Mary way knowing he was going to remain stuck there while I disappeared into the horizon....you ask me I think I won that one lol
  16. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. tjzondrz

tjzondrz Non-Nefarious

Oddometer:
    Bail should be MUCH higher for the dirt bag.:deal

Why do we send violent people to prison.We should deport then to central Africa.You know,drop them off from a C-130.:wink:

that is all,carry on.
    Stay safe out there.