Konflict Suspension Services

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Konflict Motorsports, Dec 25, 2012.

1. TouratechUSA

TouratechUSA Made For Adventure

Oddometer:
    :clap

2. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whelp!! After meeting Alex 9and sharing some adult beverages) at the D199 this year I decided to pull the trigger on the upgrade. Met him at TT at noon and he was off, leaving me in the grips of the fine folks at TT. Needless to say I left some $400 lighter:wink: All this in preperation for an early June crossing of the COBDR. I hear rumor there may be snow, but I am counting on the fearsome front end to clear the way!! Unfortunetly the funding sint there for the Extreme shock so I will be relying on a HyperPro spring out back.

Alex, is it done yet:wink::wink::D
  3. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    We wanted to inform everyone that we know offer revalves for the 2013 BMW F800GS 43mm WP forks. We have been wanting to offer a budget minded option for our customers over the full custom setup we developed, and after one full month of testing we are pleased with our settings and would like to offer it first here to the ADV community.
    As before the F800GS forks are severely under sprung from the factory, and we have seen significant shim distortion on the rebound stacks on bikes with under 100 miles of use.
    What we offer is custom springs suited to your weight and terrains encountered, a revalve custom tailored to your riding abilities, weight, and typical terrain, as well as ensuring proper bottoming resistance is achieved. This process does not add compression and rebound adjustments, but will improve the performance of the front end dramatically.

2013 BMW F800GS

Revalve's run $275.00
    Custom Springs are $119.00
    Seal's, Wipers, Bushing runs $105.00
    Fluid $29.00
  4. TouratechUSA

TouratechUSA Made For Adventure

Oddometer:
    :thumb

5. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to thank Alex and Konflict for sponsoring the Westfest Rally this year in Buena Vista, CO:deal

I have heard nothing but good things about this company (especially when it comes to the bigger ADV bikes) and wanted to thank them for supporting the ADVrider community. When I am ready to do the suspension I my 950 I will be using Konflict:evil

Thanks again
  6. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    I checked your website and I noticed that you do not work on Honda's. I was hoping that you did, I have a XR650L the I installed CRFx's on and I was hoping to get the setup dialed in.
  7. chris73

chris73 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I am a pretty heavy guy. 6'3" 250 lbs. My wife is 120 lbs. I bought a 800gs with hopes of some 2 up fun. A tall order I know, but the f800 is so versatile. I am thinking, to be safe I will need the touratech extreme rear shock. Do you think front forks would be a Need as well? I like pavement and the gravel roads two up, but kick her off in the rough stuff. I also like riding some off-road alone. Do you need a shock brace as well with the extreme? 2013 f800gs
  8. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Lonestar I work on Honda's, alot of them honestly. I'll shoot over a PM for more details.
    The website is in the process of getting a complete makeover as it was outdated the day it went live. Should be a few weeks before we get a rough draft.
  9. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Chris,
    I'll send over a PM to go over the details.
  10. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    We will attending the Touratech-USA's rally prep night this upcoming Monday the 24th offering suspension adjustments, and answering any technical questions you might have.

We will also be a vendor at this years Touratech-USA/Overland Rally being held in Plain Washington next Thursday the 27th through Sunday the 30th. Come stop by our booth to receive a complementary clicker and sag adjustment on your bike and enjoy a few of the tasty refreshments we will be offering.
  11. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, I got back last Friday from the COBDR. All I can say is OMFG the front was awesome!!!!!!!!!! It handled everything, and I do mean everything. If only I had the coin for the rear. I will say this, my stock rear outlived a newly rebuilt Racetech G3 shock. Sure glad I followed Alex's advice to skip that downgrade:ear
  12. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:

:huh
    Wow, haven't been hearing very many good things about Racetech.
  13. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great riding with you Alex! And camping out with you guys was beyond fun. Thanks! And the F800GS is so dialed now - one click of the rebound on the forks and all the handlebar feedback disappeared. Beautiful!:deal
    [​IMG]
  14. Dorian

Dorian huge carbon footprint

Oddometer:
    Great to have a local suspension guy with a can-do attitude that knows what he's doing! I have an '06 Beta Rev-3 trials bike that uses Paioli suspension. The rear shock was leaking and in need of a makeover! My bike was dead-in-the-water without a shock. Apparently Paioli rebuild kits are on permanent back order and NONE of the trials-specific outfits I contacted in the USA could (or wanted to) help :baldy. Iain at Touratech USA suggested I call Alex at Konflict: "No problem send me your shock we'll fix it!" How refreshing to hear! I'd called several well-known suspension companies with no luck.

Alex couldn't find a new seal the proper dimensions but sourced a seal that was close and had the seal holder machined to fit the new (& more common) seal. New oil, re-charged and good-to-go!

Thanks heaps Alex!
    - Dorian
  15. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    We are headed to the BMW MOA Rally in Salem Oregon this morning, shop will be closed till Tuesday the 23rd.Have a great week, and look forward to meeting some of you at the Rally!
  16. lwood10

lwood10 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am wondering if you could rebuild klr 250 shocks. Seems to be a common problem as I found out by searching for a solution to my wimpy, old shock.
  17. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    So it has taken me some time to chime in but I needed to give the suspension some real life testing to make sure I know what I am talking about...because make no mistake, Alex is a frickin' genius:clap

We all know how bad the stock suspension is on the F800...crap! When I installed the front suspension that Alex had set up for me I immediately noticed a difference. My riding is mostly off road but I do a lot of pavement to get to the dirt so I need both to perform well. Also I ride with luggage A LOT (it's kinda my job:D) and a passenger (kids:D) so those weight additions had to be kept in mind. I now have almost 7,000 miles on the suspension and I must say I am absolutely thrilled! By far the best investment I have made for my bike. I also had Alex tune the Touratech rear shock as well. That thing is awesome! I just did 1600 miles with 50 lbs of luggage and my son on the back (he weighs 120 lbs with luggage). We did some pretty good off road jeep trails and plenty of two track. The suspension was flawless and never bottomed once!

I am no expert rider or suspension guru but I can tell you this is awesome! Thanks to Alex and crew for a great job and making me a happier rider:clap
  18. Pangit

Pangit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good news Dusty. How long did it take Alex to turn round your forks. He has had mine for a week now and I'm itching to try them out. I have a nice road all lined up. It is all busted baby head boulders. Surely they cant handle that.
  19. XT Traveler

XT Traveler Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds great -- What year is your GS and what mods did you have done? Thanks!!!!
  20. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    His time frame was 4-5 weeks I believe and he delivered!