Z Technik Pipe

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by 1Cactusrider, Aug 31, 2009.

1. 1Cactusrider

1Cactusrider SW Rider

Oddometer:
    Hello anyone use this stainless steel system on a GS 1150 to replace the cat and stock muffler, and if so what is the verdict worth the $$$?????:huh

It is Italian made Gianelli no repacking needed so is it a comperable to Remus Sebring etc?

Input please........
  2. Kurt Snyder

Kurt Snyder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I purchased a Z Tech pipe a few years ago because it was advertised as never needed repacking. The packing was gone after about 15000 miles. Since the unit is welded it can not be repacked. Z Tech offered to sell me another unit at half price. I passed on the offer. If you get a pipe, get one that can be repacked.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cut it open (with a disc grinder, new disc) along the weld at one end or the other. Repack. Take it to a welding shop. You might have to pay them $15 to weld it back together.

www.beemerboneyard.com has the Ztechnik on closeout for the 1150GS. Having a welded pipe is good. The rivets don't fall apart if you drop the bike on the pipe 2 or 3 times.
  4. 1Cactusrider

1Cactusrider SW Rider

Oddometer:
    OK might wait spring for a Remus or? Would like to find a used system..:evil
  5. scooteraug02

scooteraug02 Dog Rancher

Oddometer:
    I have a Ztechnik pipe on my 1150. Mine is light and repackable. I don't know if I would do it again. I wanted it when I put it on but I like quiet and stock is quiet.