On the ferry from Newfoundland to the isle

Discussion in 'Canada' started by sdpc2, Aug 23, 2010.

1. sdpc2

sdpc2 Just another Rally Rat

Oddometer:
    Of Newfoundland

It seems that the battery on my '04 R1150GSA is dying. We've had to jump it twice. Anyone have an idea for a replacement that we can get to while on the isle? 12v 19amp is what's in it. Are snowmobile battery's similar?

TIA
  2. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Pry the cap off it, fill up the cells. Sometimes that'll get you going for a while. Did it once, got three more months out of it.
  3. JimmieA

JimmieA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Clean off the battery posts and the wire terminals well with a wire brush, this may help. Don't run power drawing accesseries while at low RPMs. You could buy a good trickle charger and give it a good charge one night if your near a hot plug.

From my experience getting parts shipped and getting them to arrive in good time in NFLD is hard. The nearest BMW dealer is Atlantic Motoplex in Moncton, N.B. It wouldn't surprise me if it took 2-3 days to get a part in your hand.

Check out ridetherock web site. They may be able to help http://www.ridetherock.com/forums/.

JimmieA.
  4. Sask_pirate

Sask_pirate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    battery size is L =7.3, W=3.1, H=6.7

<table class="products"><tbody><tr class="odd"><td style="display: table-cell;" class="view-field view-field-node_data_field_length_field_length_value">
    </td><td style="display: table-cell;" class="view-field view-field-node_data_field_width_field_width_value">
    </td><td style="display: table-cell;" class="view-field view-field-node_data_field_height_field_height_value">
    </td><td style="display: table-cell;" class="view-field view-field-node_data_field_length_0_field_length_0_value">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>Canadian tire couldn't help me when i was stuck in medicine hat,

as an alternative the following are the local suppliers for Odyssey dry AGM in the maritimes

Battery Direct® Moncton
    Atlantic Canada Region
    Unit B12, 290 Baig Blvd Moncton, NB E1E 1C8
    Telephone Number: (506) 852-4358
    Fax Number: (506) 855-1050
    Email: moncton@batterydirect.co

it all become part of the adventure:D
  5. TagBagger

TagBagger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When mine gave up the ghost this year, I replaced it with one from Canadian Tire, same dimensions as the stock battery. $89 if I remember correctly...
  6. Sask_pirate

Oddometer:
    dig out your bill for Canadian tire and share with us the stock number for the battery you got that fit the r1150xx bmw,

i spent a hour leaning over the counter trying different sizes and none were close

inquiring minds want to know
  7. Sask_pirate

Oddometer:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" style="padding-left: 48px;" ;="">North Atlantic Solar Ltd.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="padding-left: 48px;" ;="">32 Cadigan's Road</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="padding-left: 48px;" ;="">Logy Bay, NL A1K3A3</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="padding-left: 48px;" ;="">Canada</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="padding-left: 48px;" ;="">Fax: (709)754-8622</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="padding-left: 48px;" ;="">Email: contact@northatlanticsolar.com</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" height="2">[​IMG]
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

the model number listed on Yuasa site is 51913 for a Yumicron to fit most current r1150 models

pls post your outcome