Renazco secret

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by karviet, Mar 8, 2013.

1. karviet

karviet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you Know the renazco seat secret ? Why are they so confortable ?
  2. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Attention to detail, expert craftsmanship, top quality ingredients.

They are building a set of seats for my Ninja 300 right now. I've had them on 8 bikes already and they are my top priority mod. When I buy a new bike, I buy a new seat and ship it, sell the stocker when I get my Renazco modded seat back.

Great services and products.
  3. Brokein2

Brokein2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The foam contains novacane and slowly putts your butt out of it's misery.... :evil
  4. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Custom height,width and firmness based on the riders size and type of riding. They vary quite a bit from seat to seat and I've seen a few odd balls in the flea market get sold multiple times as they must not have fit the new owners very well. The suede cover really makes the seat work, no sliding and very comfortable. I've had mine for a couple of years and it is worth every $$ and then some.
  5. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are craftsmen. It shows in the quality of their product. Doesn't hurt that they also know what customer service means as well
  6. BigNastybrp

BigNastybrp Big Nasty

Oddometer:
    They fill them with kittens:lol3
  7. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    +1
  8. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    I like the one I have on my 450 but hated the one on my 950. Sold that one and got a Rick Mayer which is plain awesome.
    SunshineTom likes this.
  9. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    The use of several foams in varying densities, and strategically placed, make for a well made seat. The key is that the guy understands the ass ergonomics and does his job well. You can't just slap a fancy seat cover over any crappy foam. I do bags and such, and one day I may venture into the seat re-upholstering business, but it's a full time job. I have a lot of respect for the people like him. :clap
  10. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    Simple: During the many months you're waiting for it to arrive, a chemical change occurs in the area of your brain that controls your ass pain receptors. You only think it's more comfortable, though the suede finish sure is nice :D

Joking aside, I don't think there is a "secret". Better quality foam than stock in multiple densities. I had James build me one for my 950 and I'm happy with it but I don't think they have a monopoly on comfort, there are plenty of aftermarket seats that are perhaps more comfortable for road work. I bought a used Russell Day Long seat for the 950, it was more comfortable than the Renazco (in my opinion) but the winged design while great for pavement, definitely impeded forward/backwards motion when riding off-road.
  12. zen rider

zen rider veteran rider

Oddometer:
    Mine is too narrow to be awesome for road trips. It's good and the foam is a nice density. But a Russell seat it is not. My Renazco is barely better than the Suzuki gel seat on a V-Strom which is nothing special. The Renazco is good off road because its narrow. But that narrow profile is precisely what limits it as a mile muncher.

I can do 300-500 miles but not in comfort.

I'm sure I'll hear plenty of disagreement.
  13. Dustodust

Dustodust Long timer

Oddometer:
    mine is really worn but it works perfect for my butt . long 300-500 mile days no problem, out of the way while standing for long distances

I think the magic is in the proper width with some indent relief for the butt bones

I dont think Id want the wider style for my 525 dual sport, the Enduro engineering tall soft is just right for that. I have seen some renazcos in that narrower style and don't think they would be as good on the 950
    This one came with the bike I got used in '07, I think it was made in '04-05 or so , I have not seen many this wide

I am amazed at how well the stitching is holding up even though the suede is smooth now at about 50,000 miles

[​IMG]
  14. rossguzzi

rossguzzi Started on Montesa.

Oddometer:
    Dustodust, is it possible to show a picture of your seat from above?
    I am looking to get a Renazco, but as shipping is $$ from here I would hate to get one I did not like.
    Cheers.
  15. CAGANER

CAGANER n00b

Oddometer:
    The wider and flat surface (almost 30cm), the lower tension on ischium bones.

[​IMG]

130€ expert seat craftman, Barcelona city.
    [​IMG]
  16. chrish4ku

chrish4ku Long timer

Oddometer:

They must have filled yours with a dead Zombie cause it seems hard as a rock. Do these things harden over time? Wonder how old it is...
  17. Balsta

Balsta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3 years and 36 kmiles. still fells like new. what a fantastic durable quality stuff! cosmetic orange stiches just beginning to disappear though
  18. Dualsport Crazy

Dualsport Crazy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got one on order for my 2010 990R Adventure. Very much looking forward to getting my new Renazo seat as my butt would be very extremely grateful. :wings Hope I get it earlier than my expected build date which is on 20th May.

I also appreciate the incredible service that was given to me by James for his expertise & Sonia for her prompt responses.

Thank you guys & keep up the great work !!!
  19. Trialsman

Trialsman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got mine back yesterday and couldn't be happier. It is a work of art with the black suede top , black vinyl sides , and stitched in orange. It looks great on my white 2011.
  20. zen rider

zen rider veteran rider

Oddometer:
    I'd love a Russell Day Long for long street tours (400-700+ mile days) and use the Renazco for dirty rides of 200 or less miles.