My Afternoon with an Angel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by pfloydgad, May 8, 2011.

1. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    i'd get some "help" for posting YOUR response to a wonderful thread like this...
    oh...
    and i'm a pediatrician who is all-too-familiar with what life for kids CAN be like

it's just that this is the most wonderful story told her in some time your "RAIN" was completely UNnecessary
  2. IceCreamSoldier

IceCreamSoldier suffering somewhere

Oddometer:
    that's a great story. you and her took a chance on each other. happy beginning, no end in sight. thanks for sharing. keep the positive energy flowing.
  3. Mtbill

Mtbill b00n

Oddometer:
    Life is good! God bless you & the angel's family.:clap
  4. Tudelum48

Tudelum48 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Back years ago when I was well Young. I was riding around about 20 miles from home and noticed a couple in there 50-60 years of age and a small older lady getting out of a car and looking up at about 20 steps to the house. The Older lady was probably in her 80's I would guess and looked like she was really going to have a time with the steps.
    I made a U turn and stopped and asked if I could be of any help. They had just got her back from the hospital and were not sure how they were going to make the steps to there house.

Well at the time i had long but well cut hair. Leather pants and jacket and didnt expect what happend next. The little lady said you can carry me up if you want? I looked at the other 2 for a response and the man nodded. So I picked the lady up and carried her to the top and into the house. The hard part was getting her to turn loose of me.:rofl

About a week later by chance I ran into the guy that was with her and he said she was still talking about the biker that carried her up the steps to her friends. :lol3

People just dont stop as often as they should. I was the one rewarded.
  5. Rufjeep

Rufjeep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My daughter is seven, and she, too, is a petite little thing that seems to be all bouncing blonde hair and blue eyes.

The two of us went camping this weekend (she and I are prone to sneak off on our own private adventures occasionally; where little brother and Mommy can't cramp our style:D). She informed anyone that would listen, "I am going fishing with my daddy!".

And we did go fishing. We got up early, and began to wade up the icy mountain stream beside our camp. The water and cool morning air soon caused her little teeth to chatter uncontrollbaly, and I found myself piggybacking her from one rock to the next. I would sit her on a nice dry rock or good section of beach, and fish the next pool. She weilded the net, and squeeled when I called on her to round up my latest catch. When one spot was exhausted, she would climb on my back and I would carry her to the tail of the next pool.

When we finally got back to camp, she gave me a big hug (the kind where the squeeze tight and hold on a little longer than you expect) and said, "your the best Daddy in the world!". It made me feel like, for all my shortcomings and failures, I was at least doing this one thing right.

Anyway, I know where you are coming from, and the term "angel" is a fitting description.
  6. PHILinFRANCE

PHILinFRANCE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good on ya Greg ........there's too much bad in this world , we moved to rural France 7 years ago and thankfully your story isn't out of the ordinary here. Looking forward to the party pics and say hi from FR to the family
    Phil
  7. pfloydgad

pfloydgad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well....
    It has been a long summer for this family of my little Angel. Grandma passed away just a few days before her birthday, Moms car died, literly, and they had to get another, and the little brother, that drives her crazy, broke his arm when he fell off his scateboard. I knda forgot what it was like when my kids were that young.

I asked Mom in a recent e-mai about the party that was put on hold, she responded with another example of how well she is raising that little Angel.
    I don't think I told you her name, it is Genalisa, how angelic is that?
    Well with all that was going on with the car, her brother and Grandma, Gen, as they call her told mom not to worry about the party, save the money and get a better car for the family.
    What can you say to that ?
    Well anyway, Mom is planning a Barbecue before school starts again, and has promised me an invetation.
    I didn't dare just show up, for fear of getting my old heart tugged on again by Gen, so I will bide my time till the invite comes for the BBQ, and then show up on My Baby, and enjoy some BBQ and conversation, with my little angel.
    Everyone please ride safe out there.
    Greg