Thriving for Adventure, Riding for a dream

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by liltravelerforever, Jan 10, 2013.

1. liltravelerforever

liltravelerforever das Baby

Oddometer:
    The west is an icon to cowboys and Native Americans. To me it's a symbol of peace. It seems so much more quiet there. The air seems so much more clean and crisp. The people are so much nicer and friendly. My mom, dad, and I made our way to the great west on june something 2012. It was a blissful morning. We stopped a good 250 miles in the trip for some McDonald's and headed back out into the great wide open. The plains were hard to get across but yet again worth it. I swear though my neck was stick to the side because of the wind pushing it. Our first over night stop was in Kansas. We stayed in a hotel and surprisingly there wasn't anyone there to steal our bikes. For a while I never really understood what was so great about motorcycling. I used to see it as sitting on the back of a bike doing nothing while your ass gets super sore and I never found that to be fun. That was until I realized what we were riding for - or at least what I was riding for- . We -I- ride for adventure for peace and for the ones who never got the chance to. 3 years ago our family had a tragic downfall. We lost the light of our lives. At age 15 Bryce was gone. He was sent to heaven to watch over us as an angel. He would always look at my dad's bike and say how one day he too will ride, but just as fast as his life had gone his dream had gone too. At least thats what I had thought. You see after Bryce's death my view on motorcycle's had changed completely. I suddenly realized that his dream was lost. The thought wracked my brain for days. I knew what I had to do. I needed to ride. I needed to travel with my parents and do exactly what Bryce never got to do. So I at age 15 (i am 16 now) rode halfway across the country.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    A bittersweet story you have here... if you have a few pics to share, please post them.
  3. KHVol

KHVol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hope you will update us...
  4. sarelp

sarelp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :*sip*
  5. jimbowie

jimbowie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry for your loss. Keep us posted about what you decide to to. Best wishes to whatever that may be.
  6. 0theories

0theories Enthusiastically Skeptical...

Oddometer:
    Are you guys riding the hawk? I've always wanted one of those. Single-sided swingarms kick a** (uh, butt). :shog
  7. Rutabaga

Rutabaga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Traveling halfway across the country is a huge journey at any age. Carrying your brother's dreams while exploring your own soul is epic.
    Bryce, you have one helluva sister.
  8. liltravelerforever

Oddometer:
    no we are taking the BMW's my babes is still in need of work lol
  9. BigTexasOne

BigTexasOne Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    1 acre of heaven, Springtown, TX. NW of Ft. Worth
    :lurk:lurk:lurk

more? please? pictures?

Subscribed and waiting.............
  10. liltravelerforever

Oddometer:
    So being from Wisconsin the only way to get out west is to cross the terribly boring but yet surprisingly gorgeous plains. I would post pictures from that but I honestly didnt really take to many... So I guess y'all are wondering what I exactly did out riding the plains.... Well I stopped at this wonderful burger joint with my wonderful mother and father to enjoy some wonderful burgers and shakes! This oh so wonderful place is called Steak n Shake!! We dont have any in Wisconsin so once the oppurtunity came to eat at one we were for sure ready to jump at it!! The plains all though it seemed long were certainly short lived and I definitely saw how difficult motorcycling really was but not once did I complain. You can even ask my parents!!! :D So for the sake of your boredom I am going to end part one unless you guys would like to hear more? but let me tell you the real fun begins in part two(: the almost end(: :clap
  11. liltravelerforever

Oddometer:
    okay so i have been trying to put some pictures up from my motorcycle trip but it says i need a link? so if anyone would care to help this non tech savvy girl please do so.
  12. mountaincadre

mountaincadre Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lang may yer lum reek wee yin.
  13. Rutabaga

Oddometer:
    Try this and see if it helps. If not pm me and I will try to help.

This is how I got my pictures posted.
    On your photobucket main page by your name is a small menu arrow. Click it and go to account settings. On the menu selections across the page select album settings. Check that you want the IMG code to appear. Go back to your album pics and for every pic you want to select you will have to copy and paste that code to the work area of your posts. Using that method I did not have to use the "post an image" icon (the mountain in the little yellow box) to get results. Another tip I received was to compose your write up either in another document( I use my gmail compose option) because this allows you to save it and work it over a period of time without the problem of either closing the window inadvertently or getting fat fingered and losing it. Once finished I just copy and paste the finished product to this work space to preview it or go to the stickys above and post it temporarily with the option of nuking it.
    Clear as mud?
  14. liltravelerforever

Oddometer:
    So with the help of a wonderful ADV rider inmate I am now able to post my pictures on here of course some kind of story must come along with them! So now I present to you Part one of Part two of my first legit motorcycle trip! :clap

So after riding across the treacherous plains which I'll admit at some moments were really gorgeous minus the whipping wind and anti abortion signs I made my entrance into New Mexico. I have to admit that I was pretty surprised. I wasn't really expecting the vast amounts of tree's and grass in the mountains of New Mexico. It was pretty though let me tell yah. I think one of the more humorous parts of New Mexico was when we met up with a group of older people on some pretty righteous bikes. They were hilarious and shocked that we decided to ride all the way out there from Wisconsin. I remember thinking you have no idea. We shared some laughs and chatted about our lives like all adults do and headed onward towards Santa Fe. I took in my sights and practiced my photography skills. This particular photo is kinda like a family portrait the only person missing is my brother. I'm in the mirror, you can see the side of my dad's helmet, and my mom is on the killer bee in front of us.

[​IMG]

This was the first day of our New Mexico exploration. We entered Paco's and learned some pretty interesting facts and saw some pretty adorable geckos. So after exploring the deserted Paco city we headed up into the mountains. Now this is where I really started to get picture crazy.
    [​IMG]

This one above is one of my favorites from New Mexico. I may sound arrogant but I give myself a lot of credit for my photography its hard taking good pictures at speeds over 70!

So now veering slightly off topic I'd like to share with you the most AMAZING burger joint in New Mexico. The Bobcat Bite. I swear to good lord that they have the biggest burgers and the best burgers in the state!! Man even just thinking about them is making my mouth just water!! Also some good food in or around Santa Fe is the mexican food stands! I have a pretty good story with this. So I was put on picture duty for the trip so I decided to take some pictures of the city block park thing we were at and me being so easily distracted tried to take a picture of this sweet yellow Kawi that was going past us and I ended up taking a picture of my mom feeding my dad.... I promised them I wouldnt put it on here so i am keeping my promise and posting my other FAIL pictures. So this first one isn't a fail picture it's a picture of the burger I had at The Bobcat Bite.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this one i just dont even know what to think of it. Hah! ^^
    and this one just makes me laugh! it looks like my dad is holding up the bridge!!!! by the way look for the baby in the blue shirt under the bridge!!!!!
    [​IMG]

SO that is it for part one of part two of my motorcycle adventure!!! Stay tuned for my departure of New Mexico and entrance of Colorado!! :huh:clap
  15. Rutabaga

Oddometer:
    The pictures are wonderful and the commentary fills in around the edges. Well done! I see a burgeoning photo journalist in the making.
  16. one2ride

one2ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice, keep it coming
  17. liltravelerforever

Oddometer:
    Before I go on to my other western adventures I would first like to finish my New Mexico adventure summary :D so to start I would love to show you a picture of the not so famous but definitely should be Bobcat Bite.

[​IMG]

If you ever come across this place PLEASE go inside and enjoy yourself a burger!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~ so that pretty much is the last of new mexico now! lets move onto Colorado :eek1 ~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG]

Colorado was possibly the best part of the entire trip. The people are amazing! They are very friendly! I remember first getting into Colorado and my mouth just hung open in awe. I was shocked at just how gorgeous it is there!! Everything there is just beautiful. Our first stop was Montrose. If anyone is from there or has been there let me tell yah that the KOA there is spectacular!! Except for when the guy doesnt turn off the nighttime sprinklers.... :pissed but it still was an amazing experience. And for all those wondering if we dared to ride the million dollar highway I must crush all of your little hopes and tell you that no we did not ride the million dollar highway. BUT we did go on something that was pretty sweet but that I will save for another state. So listen up! :ear

What I noticed about Colorado is that you have to see it to believe it. Pictures don't tell all but hell they sure do look good! :D I was so excited to be the photographer because it's amazing to look at the vast difference between a photograph and the real deal. I loved taking pictures in Colorado they really just blew me away. There is just so much there that not even pictures can capture it! Here is one from when we were on our way to Montrose.

[​IMG]

So as we twisted and turned through out the large mountains of Colorado my mom asked me a question. 'Do you want to stop riding now? or would you like to continue to Montrose?' What was my answer? Well first I pondered. 'well my butt really hurts I'm hungry and thirsty and slightly tired and i kinda wanna go swimming BUT I am having a heck of a good time out here.' so with those thoughts in mind I raised my voice and told her to continue onward to Montrose! We put over 500 miles on that day. So lets just say my butt was sore! I found some relief though when our KOA had a pool(: If you ask my parents about what all happened at the Montrose KOA they will tell you about a festival with some very strange looking yoga people and of course guitar boy.
    After a magical musical night compliments of the oh so handsome guitar boy and a soaking wet sleep from some sprinklers that someone had forgotten to turn off we woke up slightly later that morning to get breakfast and explore our surroundings. One surrounding in particular. It's a cute little town nestled in the U - shaped mountain valley of Colorado. It's name is Telluride. It's like a little town out of the story books and the mountains surrounding you almost remind you of a mythical place that probably doesn't even exist but it does. Our first stop in Telluride was the Gondola or whatever. It's like a ski lift that took us to the top of one of the mountains. After we got out and was saluted with the whole surfs up dude kinda guy we headed off on a tiny trail that lead to the prettiest view in Colorado. Now I must warn you this photo contains sheer and utter beauty and was taken by hand so please try not to stare at it!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

so please stay tuned for the rest of my colorado journey till then stayyyyyyyyyyy cool :clap:rayof
  18. liltravelerforever

Oddometer:
    So this is the continued portion of my adventures in Colorado......... I'd certainly say that Colorado was my first love. As ridiculous as that sounds it's true. Colorado was like a romantic love story for me. The winding roads that held pure elegance reminded me of a princess and the mountains were her prince. As lame as that probably sounds it's true. Colorado to me will always be like every cheesy love story possible. It's weird how one place can have such a large affect on a person. It's amazing though how long one person can live there all of their lives and not see how absolutely gorgeous it is. It's almost like they take advantage of it. Now I'm not saying this about everyone but I mean it's true. Most people do not see how beautiful their own home is. So hopefully these photo's will show you what I mean by how gorgeous this place is...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One thing I liked about Colorado was Guitar boy and I'm sure if he's reading this right now he probably forgot who I am but I didn't forget him. He was an amazing guitar player. He'd stay out late at night and serenade the stars with his beautiful notes. Now i know I have mentioned him before but I thought I'd mention him again :D This campground is where I saw guitar boy and this picture is pretty sweet just because :D and the just because is a secret that I will not tell :evil [​IMG]

I can certainly say that Colorado will enchant you. It will put you in a world you never thought had existed. My problem is that I had to leave. I didn't want to but I had to. So I decided to take it with me and hold it in my heart forever and share a little bit of my Colorado with you. That's all for this installment of Colorado. Come back next time for a little bit of life from Utah. Peace Love and Motorcylces :clap
  19. liltravelerforever

Oddometer:
    So Utah huh? Sure it's gorgeous but hot diggity dog is it hot!! but dont worry its just a dry heat. It's not so bad said no one! Har Har! So enough with the toshing! it's actually really beautiful in Utah i really liked it! Of course it doesnt add up to the love of my life that is Colorado but I mean its up there for sure!!! One thing I just loved was the Moab Brewery! I'm not sure if the only reason I liked it was because of the fact that I was super hot and hungry so maybe then everything was delicious to me but hot dog was it good! That cheese enchalada? DAMN you gotta get some! And their rootbeer?! OFF THE HOOK! So please all of you avid and intense motorcyclists get on your bikes and put balls to the walls to get some of that rootbeer from the Moab Brewery. Your head will be spinning just by how amazingly good it is and I aint yanking your chain.:lol3
    They have beer there as well by the way not just rootbeer. So keep calm and drink on!!! :freaky but not too much please it's not safe to drink alcoholic beverages and ride a motorcycle or any motorized vehicle for that matter. I'm serious. I dont really feel like having some cotton headed ninny nuggens run into me for being drunk and breaking my motorcycle. That would definitely make me angry and I am like the hulk when i am angry so do not make me angry. :D

I shall continue this later my fellow adventure riders.. i have a top secret mission to complete. Its some serious shiznit. Auf Wiedersehen!!!!
  20. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    good rr, keep it coming!

:clap