Acerbis bike stand for $2 and some change!!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Odysseus, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Odysseus

Odysseus Stoic Philosopher Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guys, check this out, somebody posted about it in Jo Momma, and I followed the link, seems to be legit.

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-50663/Acerbis__Bike_Stand_.html

Acerbis bike stand for $2.66. Black platic construction, 17" height. I figured I would gamble and see if I can't replace that milk crate I stole in 1989 :lol3
    I bit the bullet and ordered one, they're into me for $8.65 INCLUDING shipping. :evil

I'll let everyone know if I actually get it, and if I do if it's any good
  2. barko1

barko1 barko1

Oddometer:
    And it's $ .29 off the regular price!:lol3
  3. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sheeit! I'll take two at that price.

S.C.
  4. nfranco

nfranco over macho grande?

Oddometer:
    Outrageous!
    Mine cost $8.82 with shipping,someone wil hear about this!
  5. airheadpilot

airheadpilot Le Poulet du DĂ©sert

Oddometer:
    They fixed it - it's now $82 and change...:cry
  6. Max Kool

Max Kool Xtankteam™

Oddometer:
    Milk crate works wonderfully!

^^nice avatar btw airheadpilot :freaky
  7. dodgerdodger

dodgerdodger Acountabilabuddy

Oddometer:
    Ya think they'll just cancel our orders?? They really seem to have some data entry issues at that place.
  8. kellyk7

kellyk7 Who knows

Oddometer:
    I have noticed some of thier prices are way out of line from what they should be, like a set of bar end screws ( for handgaurds) for 79.66

A few years back a guy I worked with went to order a preassure washer from Northern Tool and they listed it about 600.00 under what it should have been, so he ordered it and figured he had scored. A few days later a CS rep called him to explain there was a typo and they would not be able to honor the price. After talking to the lady a while he said she told him that about 10 or so units had been shipped at the lower price by the automated system before the numbers of orders triggered an audit which picked up on it. By that time they had orders for thousands of them.

Who knows. Why don't the rest of you guys not order so us that have ordered early will have a chance :evil
  9. kellyk7

kellyk7 Who knows

Oddometer:
    "I called them, they are aware of the problem. You're not going to get if for that price."

this was posted by another inmate on a post about a 10.00 6 gal tank

sounds like they need to do a serious audit

and posibly fire somebody inside.
  10. Odysseus

Odysseus Stoic Philosopher Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just got this email from them. Looks like we're not getting new bike stands... :cry

All orders for this stand, dating back to Monday the 29<SUP>th</SUP> have been cancelled- no charges have been made to your credit card. If you would like to place this item on your order reflecting the $65.00 price, please contact customer service and they would be happy to assist you. Unfortunately, it was a data entry problem, and this is how we are trying to compensate for the error. Thank you for your understanding.

-ride gear
  11. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    All orders for this stand, dating back to Monday the 29th have been cancelled- no charges have been made to your credit card. If you would like to place this item on your order reflecting the $65.00 price, please contact customer service and they would be happy to assist you. Unfortunately, it was a data entry problem, and this is how we are trying to compensate for the error. Thank you for your understanding.

Me too. :bluduh :kboom

A KLR owner's dream come true! :pot

Thanks
    CA Stu
  12. potatoho

potatoho Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer:
    Mine canceled too. Now I'll never get ride of the cinder blocks in the garage.
  13. turbonotch

turbonotch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bummer!

looked up the page at work... didn't want to give that computer my credit card info though.

waited until i got home - and now the deal is GONE :cry
  14. hartzpad

hartzpad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got my stand today from Ridegear. I must say that I am glad that I only ordered one because now I feel bad for the company. I guess I'll just have to order a bunch more stuff from them to make up for it (They do have some great prices and better shipping rates than Rocky Mountain, even though RM is local to me for free pickup).
    I just wanted to show that they do seem to have quality products, my stand is perfect. It is very sturdy, it actually had two steel bars that reinforce the top pad. Don't know about the weight rating, but it holds my plated WR426 (probably 265 lbs.) with ease and it is pretty lightweight compared to aluminum stands. The parts/tool trays on the sides will come in handy as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]