looking for a routes in BC canada

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Alaska & Canada' started by klr6502k, Jun 20, 2006.

1. klr6502k

klr6502k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all.
    Im a avid trail explorer
    and im looking for a route from Boston bar BC to Merritt BC I've been told there is a way to make it. but I have yet to find it.

and other routes in the lower mainland BC or near Kamloops BC would be appreciated .

Thank you..

Klr6502k
  2. vexorg

vexorg This User Title For Rent

Oddometer:
    Can't help you with finding a route from Boston Bar to Merritt, but one of the guys on a small site I setup to share GPS files uploaded a GPS route that starts near Harrison Hot Springs and heads north on old logging roads. It's at http://bike.stu.ph/rides/ride.php?ride=93

Hope you find it useful.
  3. Yaktrain

Yaktrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just rode from Boston Bar to the Coldwater (just south of Merritt on Highway 5) as part of a longer trip. Pretty easy. I could send you the GPS track if I could figure out how to email it. The file seems to be to big for my server to allow. Can I post it here somehow?
  4. Hammer

Hammer Hawlin' aZZ

Oddometer:
    You can post tracks- and they are encouraged- in .gpx format. I'm not a Garminite, but if I understnad it correctly, some Garmins output their tracks directly in .gpx, and some can convert them. I take those and convert them to something useful in my Magellan.
    That trip is not too far north of me. I'd love to see it! :deal
  5. klr6502k

klr6502k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    how big is the file? if you rar it it should become much smaller. any format will do garmin magellin gpx.. ill take what I can get , ill do the conversion.
    thanks a log it is just what I am looking for.

your in Kamloops? im going camping up there this weekend. I know 3-4 guys with klrs up there.

keep the shiny side up.

klr6502k@gmailnospam.com

we all know what to do with 'nospam'

klr6502k..
  6. klr6502k

klr6502k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    love your site ill be posting to it lots..
    great work...

klr6502k
  7. wobblycat

wobblycat n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Vex,

What's up? Get dirty lately? :lol:

I keep meaning to upload some routes to your site but keep forgetting :(
  8. tomcycle

tomcycle "T" Spells Trouble

Oddometer:
    There are two route that can take you to the Merrit area From Boston Bar

Spius Forest Service Road
    Starts from Anderson FSR just west of Boston Bar about 6 kms is the intersection to Spius.
    Very grown in and hard to find. Not really a KLR road it is more of an overgrown tail, one of our guys IanB at dualsportbc.com has the gps files. He lurks here to but maybe check that site and PM him

Uztlis Forest Service Road (Useless) Also connects from Anderson FSR. Easy for all types of Dual Sport bikes, short chalenging sections.

Have fun

Tom
  9. vexorg

Oddometer:
    hey wob,
    master and I did 507 to Crystal Lake on Saturday (gps track/map at http://bike.stu.ph/rides/ride.php?ride=120) , and did a rail trail ride from Peterborough to Hastings on Sunday. The ride on Saturday was fairly mud-free, but if you took any of the side trails, like from Crystal Lake to Gooderham, it got super-muddy in a hurry. I took some vid of my ride on Sunday (finally got my helmetcam setup), I'll upload it once I get it all edited. The crappy part is that I didn't align the camera right on the helmet, so you'll have to tilt your monitor 20-30 degrees :rofl:
  10. vexorg

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the compliment, I hope you'll find the site useful. I just found it hard to find places to ride, so this is my way of finding where the good stuff is :)
  11. Yaktrain

Oddometer:
    The route is logging roads, some rough sections, some of the old Kettle Valley Railway bed. No problems for a fully loaded KLR.
  12. Yaktrain

Oddometer:
  13. Yaktrain

Oddometer:
    A hot dusty day on the Bonaparte Plateau, northwest of Kamloops.

[​IMG]
  14. vexorg

Oddometer:
    Ouch, the poor tree! How did that happen? I'm guessing from the smile that no one was hurt too bad.
  15. Yaktrain

Oddometer:
    Only the tree was hurt. I was coming from right to left (in the photo), standing on the pegs. See the tip of the branch in the foreground? I ducked under that, at the same time I hit the side of the gully (out of photo), launched the front wheel, knocked me back, grabbed too much throttle and was headed for the rocks and the rhubarb! Managed to get it cranked around and headed back up the trail, but washed out both wheels on the off camber just beside the tree. Of course my "friends" stood around while one took pictures, and THEN they helped drag the bike back onto the trail. Only 20 minutes into a 4 hour ride!:clap
  16. d0gWateR

d0gWateR Goat Stuntaz DSMC

Oddometer:
    This is a mostly offroad route (the last 20k are on the old Merritt hwy which is nice and twisty).

Attached Files:

17. Uncledeadly

Uncledeadly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. B-Rod

B-Rod RubberNecker

Oddometer:
    Here is Gray Creek, Hartley pass (Fernie to Ft Steele), and the almost impossible Rose Pass, from Crawford Bay connecting to St Mary's road to Kimberley.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: