AFX FX-39 DS helmet?

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by stubmw, Feb 7, 2011.

1. stubmw

stubmw some what aloof

Oddometer:
    There is a fairly large thread floating around here on the AFX 37 DS, but i was surfing and came across this on the dennis kirk sight, AFX-39 helmet.
    the dennis kirk sight says coming soon.
    http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cmn/prodlist.jsp?store=Main&catId=101&page=5

There is no mention of it on AFX's sight...werd.

I have one of the 37's and got to say for a $100 helmet it aint all that bad, any one heard anything else about this 39?
  2. RamMan4x4

RamMan4x4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried a FX-37 and really liked the look and the price...but it was tight front to back with a lot of room on the sides. It was definitely designed for someone with a perfectly round head based on the shape of the foam under the liner. It also had minimal padding at the forehead. It was still a great helmet for the price, but it just didn't fit so I had to send it back...which was a piece of cake with DK.

The FX-39 looks even better, but I'd bet the foam shape is the same. If the 37 fits you then the 39 probably will too. Good luck!
  3. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have had the 37 helmet for a couple of years and its been a great warm weather helmet. I like the looks of the 39.. the hi viz looks promissing. I checked mc superstore and they dont have it listed yet either.

It is listed on the AFX site if you click the link to tlook at the 2011 line up/catalog.
  4. motostrano

motostrano Supermotoman

Oddometer:
    correct. the 39 will replace the 37 and fix some of the issues folks have talked about with the 37 and the styling will be enhanced. this is why we have our DS37s on clearance.

http://www.motostrano.com/afxhelmets.html

there's no solid eta yet on the 39s however.

Joe
  5. stubmw

stubmw some what aloof

Oddometer:
    Thanks youse guys.....Yea I was eyeing the hi-viz one also. I also like that the new one has a racheting chin strap.
  6. motostrano

motostrano Supermotoman

Oddometer:
    We'll have them and I'll post here when we do

Joe
  7. Gravetter

Gravetter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Patiently waiting. Any idea on where you'll price them? I see $130 on that Kirk website...
  8. motostrano

motostrano Supermotoman

Oddometer:
    Some good news for you then. I was able to get more specs, photos and a release date from AFX on the FX39. They are expecting to ship from distributor warehouses on the 22nd of this month. I don't usually like to put stuff on sale before they are even out, but it's also not fair for folks who pre-order, so we have them marked down as pre-order about 10% off the retail.

http://www.motostrano.com/afxhelmets.html

Im glad that mossy woods Camo is still in the mix!

Note- it looks like one of the features built into this helmet is the ability to remove the MX visor and use the helmet as a standard street lid. Nifty.

Joe
  9. stubmw

stubmw some what aloof

Oddometer:
    Ok you talked me into it............:lol3

Just ordered a large in hi-viz from ya motostrano.

Happen to know if the 37 sheild will fit this new 39? I have extras for the 37, guess Iam going to find out. :wink:
  10. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    afx39

Attached Files:

11. heffa

heffa Canyon Hillbilly

Oddometer:
    What are the issues with the 37? This is what I am looking at for a new helmet right now.
    I wear a MED. normally and it says to size up on it to a LRG. Can anybody confirm fit in this respect.
  12. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    One size up worked for me on the 37. The complaints about the 37 were distortion in the shield and the chin strap too far back on the neck. Neither bothered me, but I use mine mostly with goggles during the summer except on cold evenings or when it rains then I used the shield.
  13. heffa

heffa Canyon Hillbilly

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I figured it would be addition. :D
  14. motostrano

motostrano Supermotoman

Oddometer:

Thanks Stu!

And I'm going to have to talk you into using the advrider free shipping code on this one too. Or, I can apply that towards a shield because the 37 shields do not, it seems, fit the 39. I have separate part numbers for them. Lemme know and what kind of shield if so. Thanks again!

Joe
  15. motostrano

motostrano Supermotoman

Oddometer:
    what he said and certain head shapes (not all) will complain of pressure on the forehead. in general, after selling hundreds of these, I will say feedback on them is positive and always with the disclaimer "for the price". I like them. Happy to sell them.

Joe
  16. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
  17. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. stubmw

stubmw some what aloof

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joe!!

I have sent you a PM, I would like a dark smoke sheild with that.

19. Bob Tosi

Bob Tosi Long timer

Oddometer:
    got a question on the safety ratings. the AFX-18's have a SNELL rating but the 39's dont? Is this correct? How come the AFX-18's are the only ones to have the SNELL rating? At least thats what I gathered from your web site info.

Also, I didnt see a HI-VIS model 39 on your web site but here in your pics?????
  20. stubmw

stubmw some what aloof

Oddometer:
    When I placed my order they definitely had a picture of the Hi-Viz on the site also was a color to select when placing the order.