950 Super Enduro "Quick Question(s)" Thread...

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by WARRIORPRINCEJJ, Jun 20, 2010.

1. HOT DAMN!

HOT DAMN! ♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer:
    :dunno

I load the hell out of mine, she has been down numerous times, loaded up through miles of deep sandy whoops, and one very high speed end over end. Maybe I got one of the good ones. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last inspected a few days ago, no problemo

[​IMG]
  2. HOT DAMN!

HOT DAMN! ♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer:
    How tall is the rise? I put 2" pivot risers on mine but ended up disassembling the bike and rerouting all the original cables/controls. They all currently work without stress through the full movement of the bars, any more and cables would have to be replaced.
  3. ct_rider

ct_rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure how much rise there is with the set up as I never saw the stock set up. I would guess the bars are maybe 1-2 inches higher than stock.

Next time I have the tank off I will take a loot at alternate routing - do you remember how you re-routed the choke? From what I remember it was a pretty straight shot with the stock routing.
  4. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dumb question but is it routed through the airbox properly?
  5. v8toilet

v8toilet Nothing to see here.

Oddometer:
    I haven't put a rise on mine yet but I noticed the choke is really tight.
  6. ct_rider

ct_rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Best I can tell the routing was all stock and proper when I had the carbs apart. I guess the under bar damper is enough to cause a problem. Thanks for the feedback. Next time I have the tank off I will double check the routing and see if there is room for improvement. For the time being I expect the bike to run better without the choke partially engaged.
  7. Remmie

Remmie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m looking for some pictures of the Raid Design Rally Kit for the 950 SE, but with the Safari 30 ltr. Tank. On the side from Raid Design you can order the kit that fits the Safari Tank. But I have never seen any picture of it. :scratch

Remmie :ricky
  8. Schannulleke

Schannulleke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No pictures unfortunately as far as I know of, but maybe someone has the combination of the rally kit and the safari anyway

I think you should also send a PB to David P. directly or send Raid Designs an email with your question. I think they have used an SE with Safari during the creation of the Safari-friendly version of their kit.

Please share the info/pics you find.
  9. v8toilet

Oddometer:
    Last I heard they were developing or finalizing the kit, which may explain the lack of images. I believe they've been busy at rallies so communication might be a bit slow.
  10. BENRON

BENRON Crosscut Certified

Oddometer:
    Just out of Idle curiosity, Does anyone know how many SE's were sold in the states?:ear
  11. WARRIORPRINCEJJ

WARRIORPRINCEJJ Forsaken

Oddometer:

BENRON,

Did you try a Google advanced search on it?...with "ADV" as the site?

The reason, that I ask, is because there is a thread on it, somewhere (I'm like 90% sure.)

EDIT- I looked-around, man, and couldn't find it. But, I am positive that there is a thread that shows exactly how many were exported to different countries. :dunno

12. edgy

edgy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well after fiddling with the fuel pump and checking electronics I loaded the bike and took her off to the dealer, turns out that the front cylinder plug had actually broke! Thankfull that it was nothing serious,the intake valve were also found to be tight(shims)
  13. armerjo1

armerjo1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Can anyone help?

I have a 950SE that has died a couple times. It seems like when the bike gets hot having the fan on runs the battery down. First time it happened I put the battery on charge and it seemed to work for a few days then died again. Second time I replaced the battery and put a volt meter on the battery engine off (12.5V) and engine on (+13V) and rev'd (~14.5-15V) depending on throttle input.

All was well for about a month with new battery. Today I went for a two hour ride into the Sierra Foot Hills and was on some back roads that turn into dirt, at the top of a look out I shut the bike off and when I started it back up I noticed the bike started but spun over slugishly. At that point I said ok, don't shut the engine off until I get home so I turned around and headed home. Anyways, as luck would have it I was ~30 miles from home when the bike stalled like someone disconnected the battery. When I pulled over the battery was dead, dash was dim, barely enough electricity to see the dash. With help I was able to jump start the bike and got it home without another problem, actually it ran fine all the way home. At home I checked the battery voltage, engine idling (8.5V) engine rev'd (9.5V). After shutting it down and letting it set for about an hour I checked again and the battery read (10.5V). So, now I've put it back on charge but can't figure out what do do next.

Seems like its a charging issue but also seems like charging system is working because the volt meter reads higher with engine revs as I would expect.

Any suggestions?
  14. DangerMoney

DangerMoney Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer:
  15. Crowley

Crowley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    1 Where is your volt meter connected to?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    2 What is the voltage between your battery + and the frame with the bike running? Should be the same as your volt meter – assuming you have another point that you are using for your voltmeter. <o:p></o:p>
    3 Have a look at the start relay connection to your battery if the voltages don’t correspond. <o:p></o:p>
  16. armerjo1

armerjo1 n00b

Oddometer:
    I've been measuring everything between the (+) and (-) terminals on the battery.
  17. Crowley

Crowley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think that your charging system is on its way out. Either regulator or generator. Take to an auto-electrician or dealer that knows something about the electrical system.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  18. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:

Put a good battery in the bike and check the charging. you should see 13v to 14.6v. A dead battery can throw a bike charging system out of wack sometimes. If the charging is below the above numbers with a healthy battery then its time to determine if your stator is going or if your voltage regulator is going. To do this you will need to measure the AC voltage from the stator leads while the bike is running. I think you can also measure the resistance of the stator windings with the bike off to see if you have a shorted winding.
  19. Questor

Questor More Undestructable

Oddometer:
    Hello All.

My SE recently started leaking from the "Neutral" switch in the bottom of the left side on the case. Right below the counter shaft sprocket.
    About a teaspoon a day - when sitting.

So I removed the black electrical part from the outside, and cleaned the surfaces. The O-ring inside appeared to be OK an din the right spot.
    I also cleaned out the inside of the area.
    There are two silver "nubs" that obviously rotate and open / close the connection to the electrical switch.

But there is a consistent weeping of oil, and the O-ring does not seem to stop it.

What's going on?
    Is there supposed to be a bit of oil in there?
    Is the O-ring supposed to keep the oil in, or is it there to keep water out?

I cleaned everything, and put it all back together, and the darn thing is still leaking.
    (I've read other threads on this, and replacing the O-ring should have fixed the problem...)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Q~

UPDATE:
    Well I've done a lot more research, and apparently I need to buy new O-rings.
    I would have thought that cleaning and reinstalling the old ones would have been sufficient.
    I'll order the parts tomorrow when my local shop opens.

Q~
  20. v8toilet

Oddometer:
    Not so much SE related but I installed some Dual Star heated grips on the SE. I used the accessory leads which maybe the problem. Anyway the grips work but the heat output is dismal even on high and even on the throttle side where its insulated from the bars by the throttle tube.

Every other heated grip I've had became uncomfortable on high after a few minutes. I bought the dual stars based on glowing reviews here in Advrider.

Is it the grounding or what?