Hello noobs joining adv

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by J&K, Feb 24, 2013.

1. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    i was out riding to wasilla other day, and you guys got some crazy a$$ wind out there. right when i got to the flats. it was blowing so strong, i literally had to lean like motogp to keep the bike from not heading off the road
  2. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah nutty pretty sure it was you I saw leaving out of Fred's parking lot. Ill bet the flats were exciting for sure.
  3. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Slingin' Steel

Oddometer:

I got to exchange a few emails with Jade while I was in Morocco. Glad to hear you got set up with new bikes and The Motorcycle Shop got you set up with a good deal.

If you need anything for them when you're in Fairbanks, come see us at Trail's End BMW/Outpost Alaska just off Airport Way. We also run a weekly after work ride called Throttle Therapy. Be sure to come say hi when you come to Fairbanks! Cheers, Justin :freaky
  4. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    Welcome J & K!!! I'm pretty new to the adventure bike thing too...but not new to motorcycles. I signed up for D2D as well. Hopefully they'll let me across the border. I plan on riding a lot this summer, and maybe get in some good camping trips on the weekends. I'm in Wasilla also, thought about getting the bike out today, maybe tomorrow, roads look pretty good.
  5. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Steve and Justin. Have always enjoyed dealing with the outpost. All of my Harley's have come from them. Steve what are you riding? Agent k and I are famous for night rides after work and long weekends when it's possible. Will have to have a valley get together and compare notes on cool places to ride. Roads are looking promising. Will be adventuring out soon. Need to get my break in miles on the scooter as quick as possible.
  6. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well got my first 13 miles in today. Really sweet bike so far. Look forward to having a few zeros behind that. Sun was awesome. [​IMG]
  7. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. Swing by Palmer and say HI next time you are out. Give me a call or text 232-5967. I'm off till Thursday night:D
  8. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeff are you riding to d2d with anyone? We are gonna leave Tuesday night after work and stop in eureka for the night. We have a cabin there. If anyone wants a piece of ground to pitch a tent we have tons of room.
  9. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I rode with Marbee, Mud and the gang last year, not sure what the plan is this time around. WE left on Wednesday morning, rode to Tok spent the night at Thompson's and then rode to Dawson on Thursday. I would like to take a run up to Eagle (weather permitting) on the way this year, if possible. I'm sure there are lots of folks going around that timeframe.
  10. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Their will be three of us traveling together. Bad part is we are easily distracted. So wont subject anyone to our careless traveling style.:lol3
  11. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well thats the fun of it, right? I keep saying to myself as I'm riding..........
    :DIT'S NOT THE DESTINATION, IT'S THE JOURNEY:D
    Distracted....squirrel:lol3 riding is sometimes the best and most memorable.
  12. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kelly and I are famous for 18 hour trips from kenai to anchorage and 30 hr trips from Wasilla to Fairbanks. If you know what geocaching is that will explain a lot.
  13. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    I got a new to me R1200GSA....long story but very happy with it. I work in the valley and pretty much am off work every day at 5:00. Last week I rode to work a couple of days, and then the white stuff hit! I'll go riding pretty much any time, any weather, except icy roads. I'll go after work any time as well as weekends, any distance, well up to maybe 600-700 miles stooping just for gas, by then I'm pretty beat! Hope we can get together as soon as this snow melts!:D
  14. richardak

richardak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    More geocachers! Anytime we're on a trip, that is one of our favorite activities.:clap
  15. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's your geocaching handle?
  16. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well here's Kelly seeing her bike for the first time. I'm pretty sure she's about to explode if she doesn't get to ride soon.

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of my 800 looks like the boys are ready to ride.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  17. iamafr8dog

iamafr8dog n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi there. I live in Palmer as well. Always looking for riding partners. I'm still sort of new up here (been here two years). It seems to be better to ride with some backup in AK. Let me know if you want to ride.
    Chuck
    Iamafr8dog@hotmail.com
  18. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Chuck WELCOME!! emailed ya:D
  19. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sent you an email
  20. GlacierCraft

GlacierCraft Gruven Again

Oddometer:
    Welcome! we look forward to riding with you.