wire mesh security bags

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Iwantabikesobad, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Iwantabikesobad

Iwantabikesobad Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. DriveShaft

DriveShaft Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got the pacsafe tailbag. It is a damn good tailbag. it falls on the humungous side of things, but I find that very useful, and the most secure fabric tailbag I've found to date. I also have their regular large backpack enclosure, which is a very versatile hunk of webbed steel cords. I use it for all sorts of oddball situations. The last time I whipped it out, it was to keep my bags secure while I slept at the Atlanta airport. One nice side benefit of the tailbag...the length of steel cord can be snaked through jacket sleeves, and full-face helmets, in case not all of your stuff actually fits in the bag...they can still be secured *to* the bike.
  4. HiggyB

HiggyB El Pollo Gordo

Oddometer:
    I've got a PacSafe 55 and it's been great in numerous situations (moto and non-moto related).
  5. Timblaktu

Timblaktu RTW Rider in Training

Oddometer:
    Do you think the largest pacsafe 140 (100-140L) could be used to throw over the front of your bike's tank to secure the goodies in my tank bag and tank panniers? I've never used one of these but am looking for a way to add some security to the luggage that stays on the bike with no locking mechanism. This includes tank bag and tank panniers, but I might also like to throw my roadcrafter and helmet over top as well and secure the whole blob. I am on an F650GS Dakar.

Thoughts, opinions, guesses?
    Thanks,
    T
  6. thumperella

thumperella Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. R_W

R_W wannabe

Oddometer:
    I have one sized for backpacks and rollaboards. It works with my large waterproof duffle, as well.

They are a PITA to use, and have only used it a couple times. Once was to lock up my stich, boots, and tailbag--then put a cover over the bike. It worked very well for the purpose, but not something I would want to deal with for short stops.
  8. zigyphoto

zigyphoto PAY ATTENTION Supporter

Oddometer:
    anyone using the Pacsafe tankbag? seems like a real PITA to secure when you leave bike and all that messing with it would perhaps encourage evildoers of evilosity as they watch you secure it. while i have never had anything stolen from my bike over many years of long distance travel, i am considering one since i need a new tankbag for my new r12gs..........

thoughts, experience?

thanks,

zigy
  9. Arnetask

Arnetask n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for getting the information about this bag.
  10. zigyphoto

zigyphoto PAY ATTENTION Supporter

Oddometer:
    well, only 5 years since i posted that query...

z
  11. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
    All the Pacsafe MC stuff appears to be no longer in production.
    Saw the tankbags getting closed out a couple years ago,
    can't find any now,even on Fleabay.

Only MC item I still see occasionally at dealers and online is the LidSafe helmet bag.

They do make nice security camera straps and other bags,some big enough for MC gear,backpacks.But nothing advertised MC specific.

JR356