A.A.R.S.E. Augusta Area Riders of Steet & Enduro

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by kliff, Jul 27, 2008.

1. kliff

kliff Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer:
    This is it guys.... brought over from the "Augusta Ga/CSRA area" thread.

Me and My Monkee coined the name, I was cool with it, and no one seemed to oppose....so here we are. and as of now, these are our founding members...

Me and My Monkee
    halfcab
    Truckin Thumper
    buster
    JamesJWeg
    Fireman1000
    lonestar12
    gp999
    kliff
    canoli

Flux Capacitor...honorary member from the DOG's

It's all about riding guys....you posted, you're in....Macon, Milledgville, Aiken, Sylvania, Edgefield, Lincolnton.... we don't care. You are now an A.A.R.S.E.

Have wheels, will ride. A.A.R.S.E.

The "OFFICIAL" A.A.R.S.E. RIDE PARTICIPNANT'S, BE THERE, OR BE SQUARE!

CANOLI
    KLIFF
    BUSTER
    ROGERM
    ANDY29847
    BOBBY1984
    CATALYST
    WRANGLER747
    HALFCAB
    MEANDMYMONKEE
    PHIL3765
    AIRDREW32
    TPSKTM
    GP999
    DRINNEN
    GUSTER
    LONESTAR12
    LONEWOLF67
    RIDE4EVER
    HOMEWORKSBEN
  2. canoli

canoli human

Oddometer:
    :clap
  3. kliff

kliff Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer:
    LOL..... you, are an AARSE....LOL.... I, am an AARSE.

WE.... are AARSE's LMAO! :freaky
  4. Fireman1000

Fireman1000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. I look forward to meeting ya'll.
  5. kliff

kliff Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer:
    You sir....are also an AARSE. This is gonna be a blast. :freaky
  6. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Only a matter of time so I guess I'll beat someone to the punch... Ya dumbaarses. :D
  7. kliff

kliff Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer:
    LOL....at least we ain't wearing "pink tutu's" :evil Some of y'all DOG's can get a little weird at times Flux....and I ain't even gonna mention what some of them are always saying about you....:viking LMAOROTF....

Oh yeah....you posted here too.....join the club A.A.R.S.E.! :freaky

seriously, this Fall..... A.A.R.S.E.'s meet D.O.G.'s somewhere for a day of riding....whatcha think? Maybe even some A.A.R.S.E.'s can make the Scrub in October...
  8. canoli

canoli human

Oddometer:
    I dont know....DOGS and AARSE's ...hanging out together...the jokes could go on for hrs.

Count me in but I am for sooner rather then later.
  9. buster

buster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A.A.R.S.E. ??

sounds good to me :clap

:lol3
  10. halfcab

halfcab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A.A.R.S.E. is that something your able to wash off, are do you need shots from the Vet for it like the D.O.G.? :rofl

Just got back from WNC the other day, me and the LC4 spent two day and over 400 miles DSing the FS roads, dusty and no traction. The baby Dragon was a blast even with knobbies. I did not want to come back to this heat, it's a lot COOLER up there.
  11. Truckin_Thumper

Truckin_Thumper low profile

Oddometer:
    Great, now I am an AARSE along with all the other "titles" I have aquired here.....:lol3
  12. kliff

kliff Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer:
    Mornin' guys, damn good to see some of y'all checkin' in! The rest will be along shortly....:rofl

Looks like my trade with "getmedirty" is about as firm as it can get, without actually having signed over the paper and exchanged vehicles, it's just a logistics deal now. Me down here in GA, and him up in New Hampshire.... but we're set for the 23rd of August to meet in VA, and do the deal. Then I'll have a 435'd DR350 to play in the dirt... and a beemer,life will be good. It'll be even better when I can get away to ride with y'all, but at least I'll have the means! :D

Gonna be a shame to see the ole war wagon go,

[​IMG]

but it's time to get back on 2. The back is better, the heart is stronger...please mister, I just wanna ride....
  13. kliff

kliff Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer:
    How's that new XT doing? Where'd you get her, Augusta or Aiken? PICS...we need pics!
  14. canoli

canoli human

Oddometer:

Hay Kliff. I picked it up in Aiken. The OTD price with an armored jacket & full face helmet was $3200. It still has 2 years on the factory Warranty .

Why are you getting rid of your side car rig?

Now lets see if I can figure this picture thing out:

Yeah ... got rid of the PO's stickers.

[​IMG]

When it was still at the shop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On this last road a deer jumped right out in front of me... pretty cool stuff to see on a first ride.
  15. kliff

kliff Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer:
    Cool. Yup, Aiken is my preferred multi-line dealer too.

The sidecar.... well I originally bought it for severral reasons, to keep myself riding, and to exercise a post operative back, and execise my heart. Then Dad wanted to do some riding...yadayadayada. I know riding a 900lb rig in the woods sounds stupid, but it has built up my back, knees, and heart to the point where I can once again comfortably ride the street on 2 wheels, so I'm ready for the woods too. It's only got 10K on it(6000 miles) but that has been a bunch of exercise sessions in one year. It served me well, and has made me well. But I wanna return to 2 wheels, so the War Wagon has gotta go. Can't afford it and 1 or 2 more bikes.

Where are those woods pics...Sumter? Man...we gotta go ridin' when the DR gets here. Gotta get all limberred up and re-toned for 2 wheels before we strike out for N.Ga., to run some of those DOGs down....LOL!

Great looking bike too!

You didn't happen to notice, in Aiken, if they had any...uh....BIG riding gear...as in maybe XXL jackets....did you? Gotta get a Camelback too. With the hack, I just threw the Gatorade in the sidecar....uhh, that won't be hapenning on the DR.:1drink
  16. canoli

canoli human

Oddometer:
    Man that sucks about your back, but glad that you are good to go on two wheels again. I was looking at a rig just like yours so that I can take the dog along for the ride. What kind of MPG were you getting?

Aiken was sooo much better then THAT place in Augusta . The staff was friendly, they had more then 3 bikes for sale and the gear selection was pretty good. I did notice that when I went in on sat to finalize the paperwork the amount of jackets and pants they had on the racks was getting smaller by the min. I actually had to order the mesh Joe Rocket pants on-line from a place in NJ.

The first dirt road (the one with all the pine straw) was actually right by the Dam ( forget the name of the boat ramp). I went in about 1/2 mile before I relalized that I had almost no tools with me and limited experience riding...so I turned around.

The second pic (looking over the handle bars) was in Sumpter. They have tons of gravel 2 lane fire roads that lead off to who knows where. I used to Mtn bike in that area and I know that there is a 5-6 mile single track loop (un-sure if motor bikes are allowed) but I'll check it out this week. I also found some VERY detailed maps on-line that give all the nitty gritty about the fire roads.....but then again I might just ride and see where it leads me.

As far as a CamelBak's go... I use the HAWG and I love it. It carries 90 OZ of water as well as rain gear, tools etc.. Just make sure you get a cleaning kit with it. Gatorade or any other non-water beverage will turn the bladder into a science experiment in no time.

So... where else is there to ride trails around here?
  17. kliff

kliff Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer:
    We were able to ride the range and training roads on Ft Gordon, A guy I know, Rob Crisp, worked out there part time, and showed me around some...then one day he said it had been shut down to M/C'ers...shortly after that, Rob's bike got stolen...and I ain't heard from him since.

"Me and my monkee" knows some areas up above Thomson. PM him, see what y'all can get going. And I'll keep trying to find Rob. Should be plenty of dirt an unimproved roads down below Wrens, over toward Avera...again, I'd like a partner with me on rides like that though. Rob also told me about some dirt just across the river, Hwy 28, on the right hand side...but I never got over there to check those out.

The War Wagon averages about 25mpg, a single wheel drive, LIGHTER, rig, like Dad's Troyka, will do about 30mpg.

HAWG huh....I'll check it out. Thanks!
  18. Me and my monkee

Me and my monkee Feels like Jackson Pollock looks

Oddometer:
    Nice bike Canoli. I hope Jesus does not weigh too much. Two up on a 225 will really spoil the handling :D
    I too use Aiken , even though I live 10 minutes from the OTHER place. Oh hell, lets just say Street and Trail. We all know which assholes we are talking about. Got a good deal on a Concours from AMS&S. Got screwed on my EX500 from S&T.
    My 'camelbak' is the Buell hydration pack that I got with a XB12TT test ride a few months back. Crap bike, nice pack.
    Great to see this thread taking off. Cant wait to ride with you all.
  19. kliff

kliff Retired Ole Phart

Oddometer:
    Yup....that be the place! I either go to Aiken or Swainsboro for any Yamaha parts I don't order on BikeBandit.... S&T ain't gettin' no mo' of my money! I'll probably do the same for the DR.
  20. canoli

canoli human

Oddometer: