Yamaha WR250R Threadfest

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by gjcarving, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Thatdog

Thatdog Hickster

Oddometer:
    How do you get narrow minded or self centered out of the fact that I prefer bigger HP bikes ?? :huh

You should look beyond the walls of your little box as well
  2. davesupreme

davesupreme grand poobah

Oddometer:
    that RideFreak guy just posted an nice vid on KTMTalk in sand out west on what sounded like a 525.... you just short shift, blip the throttle, and it hooks up great.... the only way a 250 gets anywhere is w/RPM.... you can't argue that....

i'm old.... i like stuff easy.... :freaky
  3. davesupreme

davesupreme grand poobah

Oddometer:
    grease up the countershaft before you put the sprocket back on, too.... keep grease on those splines....
  4. Thatdog

Thatdog Hickster

Oddometer:
    Im currently shopping for a used 300, just cuz I want one and not to replace my 520 or 690. Buddy of mine is buying my 520 this spring, and that will make room for the new 500 EXC Im picking up. To me, this would be the ideal line up of bikes for MY needs. 300 for racing HS & MX track days, 500 for ST, DS & club events, and the 690 as my long travel adventure bike. Yeah sure, beat me up cuz I can have 3 bikes that probably could get the job done with one, but I dont have any kids, and have the means to buy what I want when I want.

Id hardly call it Bosshoss syndrome. I know plenty of guys who buy bikes that get them in wayyyyy over their heads, and yes they should be on smaller displacements. I just dont get any sort of enjoyment riding wittle bikes. If I did, Id buy a trials bike long before Id buy a WR250R. Which will most likely be my 4th bike in the garage unless I feel the urge to buy a strictly street bike again

So many haters with penis envy :lol3
  5. zedro

zedro Dirt Nerfer

Oddometer:
    Poll for you guys:

Would you rather be a really good rider that unknowly comes off really Douchy,
    or be an OK rider who's humble and fun to be around?

In the spirit of this thread, there are no other possible combinations.:norton
  6. davesupreme

davesupreme grand poobah

Oddometer:
    i really don't think that overall sensitivity is the governing concept here.... :deal
  7. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep...pretty much pisses me off! I'm going to need to sell a couple of whitewater boats to fit a second bike into my garage, and I won't buy one I don't have garage space for.
    A bigger garage would require a permit and zoning variance, and moving would require a divorce that would leave no budget for a new garage.

Troublemaker :lol3
  8. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a fairly good rider that comes across like somewhat of a dick, and know but don't care. In the spirit of this thread, I deny reality (like many others?).
  9. kawagumby

kawagumby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wives come and go, but a good bike for every occasion is pure gold.

you can always get another wife when you're too old to ride anymore.:lol3
  10. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new 500, it's a beautifull machine. And sorry about the Starbucks comment, that was out of line.

I still think, if you had ever tried a properly geared WRR and felt the POWER... seen the blue light... You'd see and understand the potential that lies within the mighty KLX250S.
  11. Huskyfatman

Huskyfatman Stinky Wizzleteats

Oddometer:
    That why, if it came down to serious business (at close-ish range) I'd grab the 12 gauge.
  12. zedro

zedro Dirt Nerfer

Oddometer:
    From reading other threads, it seems that Starbucks now operate inside BMW Motorad dealers?
  13. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Especially given that I just dropped $80 for just parts and oil for an oil change on my LC4. I could have shaved some off buying online and not using Motorex. But I like blue oil and you gotta throw the dealer a bone once in a while. But dayum that is pricey.

I did, however, set a new record for myself by knocking out the oil change in under two hours including a coffee and bagel break. That was thanks in large part to a HF motorcycle lift Grreatwife bought for my birthday. See what comes around when you buy them jewelry? :raabia
  14. Thatdog

Thatdog Hickster

Oddometer:
    Not much of a coffee drinker

They just put one in our local Target store, which i never go into either. Other one is 40-50 miles away. Neither one would interest the Beem/KLR crowd.
  15. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I could probably hit three Starbucks from my house in under five minutes. Maybe more. But then I do live about two miles from the Annapolis Mall. :lol3
  16. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    Just keep the ww boats in the kids rooms so they can sit in them and pretend theyre bombing cherry creek when youre not using them. :wink:

Im actually in the market for a new kayak, still paddling a necky bliss(surf session yesterday mof).. What you got? Or haul youre dual sport and kayak up here once it rains and we will head up to the smith. Much excellent river runnin and riding.

If youre boats are rafts the same two solutions apply.
  17. Huskyfatman

Huskyfatman Stinky Wizzleteats

Oddometer:
    I've been going to Starbuck almost every day for years..:hide

They bought out the only coffee joint in my small town which I'd been going to forever. I'm usually pimped out with my work boots and uniform driving a bone stock regular cab Silverado with original rims.
  18. GtiKyle

GtiKyle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to see this thread so on track...
  19. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    Which track is that? I thought this train ran out of tracks awhile ago, just been bushwackin its way through the advrider wilderness.
  20. philp38

philp38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I still like mine.... Tomorrow I'll be riding over to Two Wheels Only in Suches GA and ride some trails.
    http://twowheelsofsuches.com/
    [​IMG]