G650X Challenge RS

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by pampaX, Mar 2, 2011.

1. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its been a while since last posted but well. I have done a few things between maintenance and mods.

Have changed the chain and sprockets and now trying 15x49 so far so good
    [​IMG]

then finally replaced the shock with Hyperpro taking recommendation of Colebach and others

[​IMG]

on the first pic you can see I have re-installed the fuel can used several years ago for another long-ish ride. It works fine as it did before
  2. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    looong video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p4qNDkjWBME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  3. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Great stuff, That Awakino challenge is pretty special alright.

We bumped into you just after the Awakino by a stone cottage.

Cheers for putting that up
  4. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for watching it, was so long I thought nobody was gonna bother :rofl
    were you the one that helped me picking the bike? (i couldn't find it on the vid part were it happened) ... yes another fall :huh
  5. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just before the Dusty Butt last year I went to Top South Island for a bit of site-seeing, introduction to a couple of friends to adventure biking and test ride mods to the bike

This is before the start, ready to roll
    [​IMG]
  6. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Previous Rider

Oddometer:
    That's one mean looking beamer - nice build :clap
  7. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some action

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yIwejYRgkmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    in another attempt to improve my skills I got this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eGLvDCVZvq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Welcome to the dual sport riders riding trials bikes to learn better dual sport riding skills crowd :D

I subscribed to these blokes you tube channel, they have some cool videos with lots of tips for trail bike riders wanting to learn trials skills

<IFRAME height=315 src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qm09fRRVMZY?list=PLlur54ugvzNJlUO0y6D10jVOGMLI4Raci" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  10. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes same, I'm trying some of their skills drills. As well as some from Jimmy Lewis and others. Lately I'm trying the one of using the clutch and low revs to lift front wheel on the BMw and KtM and is amazing

its good fun haven't had the change to ride other than on my lawn but is surprisingly easy to ride

11. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    I'm slowly learning what you can do with a clutch besides change gears. You will have a blast once you get out in the woods. I'm off to the gravel pit this afternoon to practice finding the balance point for wheelies and getting the rear end off the ground. Learning simple techniques in slower motion is what these bikes excel at....if it all goes wrong you just let go the bike and start again.

There isn't much to break on them cept the levers and the rear guard, which I've done. Cheap handguards fixed the lever problem and plastic welder fixed up the guard. The Beta's have a tendency to burn out stators so it pays to remove the plastic flywheel cover after a long ride and check for condensation, mine has got a bit damp in there from time to time but no stator burnouts. MarkS had a few on his I understand. Good luck and be sure to post lots of pics and videos of ya progress :D
  12. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOLs have dropped it several times already ... but learned a while ago to forget the bike :D

[​IMG]

13. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    last rear knobby was very slick and had no traction anywhere ... so time to fork for a new tyre.

Unlike previously when I researched a bit on possible options this time just rocked over to TSS and found a Mita that would fit so here it is

[​IMG]

on the other set have Bridgestone Gritty (DOT approved very aggressive looking)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this week went with Bob the bozo to Odlins Rd. Weather wasn't great but wasn't bad either, actually managed to avoid most of the rain. As usual there is no mud but the recent rains have had some effect on some parts of the track specially some streams after the top. It never stops to surprise me the sense of isolation of the place given that is not far away.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mvjWc1LjRXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    Groovy video. Where aboutz is Odlins road exactly, looks like I need to explore it some time.
  16. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here :deal
  17. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    90,000Km on the clock

New fender,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chain guide, a real one
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

playing on a river bed
    [​IMG]
  18. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whats happened to the fairing / tower?
  19. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    its an option, I always wanted to keep both setups. Now I'm not doign much but if I do I'll be doing short rides hence this setup is more appropriate. I've done further changes to allow it. Now running on stock-ish trim