1. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Some of you know I host a few rides each season. Rather than clutter up Central with individual ride threads each time one of them comes up, I thought it would be better to deal with it all in one place. Normally I would announce these in the Wisconsin Area Rides/Events thread, but I can see that it will be too difficult of manage some of this over time in that thread due to confusing overlap between Cannon sponsored events.

Since people have been asking about some of this, I guess it is time to get started. The first get-together will soon be on us (I hope)!

[​IMG]

I have a lot of tracks out there already that people can ride on their own. This year I have some new material that is either ready to ride or in the works. Some needs a final proof so I can put it up for download.

Once the season starts, I plan to get some weekend dual sport rides coordinated. We had some fun with those in the early season last year.

[​IMG]

At least one ride will be set up for less experienced riders that want a comfortable track and pace. (Also avoiding what could be troubling sand for some.) Let me know if you are specifically interested in this kind of ride.

[​IMG]

Coordinating these weekend trips gives people the opportunity to show up and ride without having to scout, map, schedule riding buddies, or do much planning for gas and the like.

[​IMG]

I've got a few bigger projects going as well and we'll see what happens with those. Looks like some get-togethers will be out of region. Looks like some Canada DS as well. Too early to get into that stuff right now.

If you are interested in joining in on some of these rides, let me know. I'll publish details about individual rides as details evolve.

[​IMG]

For now I am trying to gauge the interest in CannonTreks for the season. I'm not sure what is going on with those yet so I need to get a little info to consider for planning. CannonTreks are four day small/medium DS rides that circle the UP. They are limited to 19 riders and are best for more experienced riders as the pace can be fast and the days can be long. RR here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584986

[​IMG]

Step one in this process is to find out if there appropriately experienced riders that have never been on a CannonTrek before that are seriously interested in riding one.

If you have never been on a CannonTrek before, let me know if you are interested. I'll see what kind of response I get and see what I can sort out from there.

PM me if you have never been on a Trek and are interested in it.

If you think you are interested in some of the weekend rides, put a comment in the thread so I can get a feel for the interest.

Putting together some of these things takes much more effort than is visible, so please take that into consideration.

Yes, I think there will be opportunities for TrekVets as well, but I am not to that point yet.
  2. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've decided to stay closer to home next summer and go on more weekend rides in the region. Therefore, I am interested in these rides.

I really appreciate the effort you expend in researching and organizing these things.
  3. Monty_Burns

Monty_Burns Excellent.

Oddometer:
    Weekend rides are good with me. I've got a KLR250 I need to break-in.
  4. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all you do with these, Bryan. The information and riding you share is superior (joke intended) to what a lot of pro tour provide. :thumb
  5. gettr

gettr What not to do..

Oddometer:
    Weekend rides! :lurk
  6. sideshow

sideshow debaser

Oddometer:
    The weekend rides I attended last year were a lot of fun. I'm interested in doing more. :thumb
  7. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in a weekend day ride similar to the one I attended last year.
  8. ribmtrider

ribmtrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am interested in the weekend rides. I had a great time last spring riding, and met some new riding, mountan biking and dh skiing friends as well.

Tim
  9. kckeeny

kckeeny Poor Bastard

Oddometer:
    I'd like one of those slower paced, less experienced CannonTrecks. Ive never been on a ds ride... thats part of the reason that i bought the Enduro bike- to ride DS in da UP.
  10. Yooper_Bob

Yooper_Bob Insert witty saying here....

Oddometer:
    Definitely in!!!!

Da' wife would probably be interested in one of the "slower paced" rides....I'll be glad to help out on any of those as well.
  11. madDUC_dj

madDUC_dj Just wanna ride, A LOT

Oddometer:
    I would be interested in both the weekend rides and a cannontrek. More the weekend rides due to the tiny amount of vacation I get!!!
  12. vwdrvr66

vwdrvr66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very interested in weekend rides. Summer seems to go fast, along with the vacation time.
  13. zora

zora the explora

Oddometer:
    Cannon, you once told me that husband/wife duos are not allowed to go on the same Treks together....does this go for the weekend DS rides too?
  14. Daamud

Daamud Life is like a box of Old Milwaukee

Oddometer:
    With my current layoff status, I'm able to ride any day of the week. Never rode a "trek", but would love too. Any 1-2 day DS rides/scouting trips suit me best (funds) in the northern Wisconsin/U.P. area.
  15. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Too much stress and aggravation for some couples to deal with over an extended period. I would hope that couples could keep the lid on for a day or weekend ride. Might be better to split them up in the group though. :lol3
  16. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I should mention that I am retired and I do like to get out during the week sometimes. This might be a good opportunity for those that have rotating schedules or weekdays off. Let me know, perhaps we can schedule something. This can work well for scouting or for rides on established tracks.
  17. Askel

Askel Perma-n00b

Oddometer:
    I, for one, look forward to being a part of this Canadian invasion force. :lol3
  18. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I've been on the phone today doing some research on one of the Canada DS rides I've got working. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. Base out of one spot and ride the heck out of the area. But it is driving me "loonie" trying to find a Timmies in the area I am planning for. Better get an EXTRA LARGE double double on the way through the Soo and hope it lasts.
  19. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Broke it/Bought it Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like the way you think. :deal
  20. Yooper_Bob

Yooper_Bob Insert witty saying here....

Oddometer:
    I thought you "hippies" ran away to Canada to avoid military service??!?!?! :evil