Just crashed while wearing my SaferMotoMLS Airvest/Motoport Excellent results

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by TallRob, Mar 4, 2012.

1. genka

genka Stand with Ukraine

Oddometer:
    I agree. I initially replied to the quoted post of Thinc2, who went down at 25MPH.
  2. gallowaystx

gallowaystx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tall rob - you wear the vest over or under the motoport? I too would love to see a picture of you kitted out - especially your summer version of the kit. Summer is coming and i'm thinking that my simple mesh jacket with back protection may not be the answer any more.

By the way, very happy to hear that you weren't hurt. :1drink
  3. Dave.0

Dave.0 on the spectrum

Oddometer:
    I'd been thinking about these for awhile, and they seemed expensive at first, but I guess everything is relative. I have otherwise good gear but more should be better, I guess. I plan to wear it for street touring and track use. If I wore it in the dirt I would need about 20 extra C02 cartridges. So long story, I ordered an MLV for me and an SV2 for my wife. We should get them soon. I sort of want to set my wifes off on her in the house just to see what happens, that should be worth 20 bucks.
  4. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wear it over.
    Here is a link to my outfit. The photos were taken during the day with flash. I do not know how to post these flickr photos. If you know how, please post, thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacs...57629162933904
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacsurf/6813497678/in/set-72157629162933904
    These photos were taken the day of my accident.
  5. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We sent them out on the 9th, FedEx is still showing them in transit

Take pics or video when you set the vest off on your wife :rofl then pics of you sleeping on the sofa :evil
  6. gallowaystx

gallowaystx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    FYI: just so people know. My weird body position in the photo below was due to me ducking a bird that was heading right for me a spit second before that photo was shot.
  8. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    If you are looking to try on "kick the tires" on vests and jackets then we will be at the following IMS shows this Fall

Atlanta GA Nov 2 -4th

Dallas TX Nov 9 - 11th

Long Beach CA Dec 7 - 9th

We will have some badges so if you would like to come hand out at the booth let me know. It would be great to have riders who are using the vests available to chat with prospective customers :D

Wont know if I can get discount tickets till nearer the dates
  9. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
  10. ggoytia

ggoytia Mobile Fatso

Oddometer:
    I just noticed you have fatso size (4xl), as soon as I have play money will put order in.:clap
  11. Coachgeo

Coachgeo Diesel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    NOW: Dayton OH area recent past WAS: North TX
    Is there a way to remove the air bag set up and insert it into or over a summer bike jacket. Would be great to not have to pay twice for the air bag set up. Its protecting nothing hanging in the closet. I have a Motorrad and concerned it will be way to hot in the summer. Just now getting close to having my bike running.

12. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why not just wear the vest over whatever jacket you would normally wear? I'm just learning about this product, but that was my thought when I first saw it. The vest doesn't seem like it would impede too much airflow over a summer mesh jacket.
  13. Schlug

Schlug A natural, zesty enterprise.

Oddometer:
    put something on and stay in that position.
    I found this report very interesting. I have never considered one of these vests, but I'll take some time and learn more. I sometimes have a very 'involved' commute to and from work.
  14. Coachgeo

Oddometer:
    Guess you missed the last sentence in what I wrote. ]:deal In case anyone else does......... "I already own a Hit Air Jacket"!!! It is the Motorrad style which has been reported to be too hot to wear in Temps over 80 deg. F.

Question is can I remove the airbag setup from my Motorrad jacket and install it over a different jacket in some way similar to other products they sell for wearing the system over a riders favourite jacket. For example maybe purchase a vest from HitAir with no airbag installed orrr???
  15. _cy_

_cy_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    $18 per Co2 cartridge can get expensive riding dirt :eek1

all Co2 cartridge internal pressures are the same, difference is size/amount of C02 inside and if tip is threaded or not. 5lb bottle of Co2 has the same internal pressures as 20 gram cartridge. temperature changes internal pressures.

does anyone have a closeup pic of C02 cartridge used and dimensions?

[​IMG]

45g threaded CO2 cartridges, pack of 2 units

In Stock: 217

http://www.gas-depot.com/products/d...-co2-cartridges-pack-of-2-units.html?sef=hcfp

Carbon Dioxide (CO2)Cartridges, pack of 2 units
    Price: $21.95 ​
    <form action="http://www.gas-depot.com/index.php" method="post" name="addtocart" id="addtocart_51178cbf88e3a" class="addtocart_form">
    <label for="quantity90" class="quantity_box">Quantity: </label><input class="inputboxquantity" size="4" id="quantity90" name="quantity[]" value="1" type="text">
    </form>

Description
    Customer Reviews

Carbon Dioxide (CO2)Cartridges, pack of 2 units, Nominal Weight (g) 45g Water Capacity 62 ml / 2.10 oz Body Diameter 30 mm / 1.18 in Overall Length 138 mm / 5.43 in Neck Details 5/8-18 threaded neck, welded cap Mass 185 g / 6.53 oz Surface Finish Electroplated Zinc Gas Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Boiling Point -109° F (-79° C) (Sublimes) Melting Point -70.6° F (-57° C) Specific Gravity 1.52 @ 21° C Vapor Pressure 43,700 mm Hg @ 21° C Liquid Density (-20° C) 1032 kg/m3
  16. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    I ordered and tested these and they do NOT inflate the vest fast enough. Thank you for taking the time to post though.

I sent sample cartridges to EVERY CO2 manufacturer here in the US and not one of them will produce the cartridges in the specifications we need. I only found 1 company in India and 1 in Taiwan who would produce them. Shipping costs are still the same HIGH :1drink
  17. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    No way to remove the airbag from the jacket sorry.

I usually suggest the vest to anyone who already has multiple jackets that they want to wear. After 34 years riding I have a cupboard full of jackets so I just throw my MLV vest over which ever jacket I am wearing at the time
  18. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    I am happy to answer any airbag related questions you may have :D
  19. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    There is no way to remove the airbag from the jacket and "put" it into a vest, sorry.
  20. Coachgeo

Oddometer:
    please in future products make this a feature. That way one can use the same airbag, CE armor etc. in one, two or three of your jackets (one per season?)