The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    Another guy earlier in the thread did 4" rise and posted pics! :eek1
  2. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. Dirtchuck

Dirtchuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. kiwi5

kiwi5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very cool- I would like to know if the front/rear springs (but more the rear) would work as an upgrade to 250L? Might be cheaper than having to buy a whole new rear shock....
  6. easygojoe

easygojoe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone. I just layed down a deposit on my new CRF250L! I may have picked up the last one on a showroom floor in the state of Oregon from what I can tell. Every dealer I called said they have zero inventory till June at least!

$5054.50 out the door, with Tax and licensing and offroad sticker. I have to head over to Klamath Falls to get it, about ninety miles, but at least now I can officially be in the club here on this forum right? I'm picking her up next Saturday.

I am slowly reading through every page and post of the owners forum. I'm on page 80 of over 150 right now. I am very excited

Thanks you guys for putting so much knowledge and information on these boards for NOOBs like me to absorb and learn from.
  7. Dago52

Dago52 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats and welcome to the club. My only complaint is that i cant ride it enough. There is tons of info here and on thumper talk.
  8. Darknessprevails

Darknessprevails Adventurer

Oddometer:
    in the kindness of price shareing. got mine in Georgia for 4100 OTD tax tag title all the goods. no service plan no extended warn. i think i stole it :clap
  9. ccooper

ccooper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where at...that's a super deal! I'm in GA and thinking seriously about one of these bikes for my wife.
  10. Darknessprevails

Oddometer:
    mtn motorsports there online price deal had the bike listed at 3800..idk if by mistake or not but worked well for me.
    i was looking to find what was near there invoice price so what i do is a nation wide search on cycle trader that will give you a pretty good idea of what a real price fight stand point will be to start off at thats not msrp sticker.
  11. Darknessprevails

Oddometer:
  12. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking they made a typographic error, and had the decency to honor it. :D Also, they didn't charge you any bogus fees! :thumb You got a super sweet deal, which will be next to impossible to beat. :evil

Spud :beer
  13. ccooper

ccooper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did you buy from the Marietta or Conyers location and how long ago? I'll buy one next week if they will do that same deal for me. I don't see any deal for this bike on their website now. Thanks
  14. gnath9

gnath9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. CR250R

CR250R StllSmokin

Oddometer:
    Sure its in this thread somewhere but its gotten wayy to long to search through it. Does anyone know what the widest size rear tire that will fit on the stock rim and not hit the chain as well? I'm looking to put more street oriented tires on for the summer, they offer sizes in 120/80-18, 130/80-18, and 140/80-18, etc. I know the 140 would be to big and disadvantageous but will a 130 work? Anyone?
  16. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know the Dunlop D606 120/90-18 DS tire will fit, that's on my list for when I wear out the original. I believe Lost has one on their LRP. A more street oriented tire wouldn't have all those knobs sticking out though.
  17. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    Just stick to the closest size to stock. If you squeeze a larger than necessary street tire on the rim, you just end up with a deformed tire profile that can give you funky handling. There's nothing to gain from going to a larger tire.
  18. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me too. Got one sitting in the shed all ready to spoon on.
  19. RonZacapa

RonZacapa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interesting thing happened today. Sedately cruising on my 250L at between 75 - 87mph indicated (mostly downhill on the freeway) I had an appointment to get to on time, the PGM-FI warning light came on. Bike carried on running fine though. I found the next convenient and safe stop and switched off. Started the bike again and light had gone off. To put this in context I had disconnected the O2 sensor 2 days ago and the bike definately feels peppier and runs better.
    Any of the boffins out there know what is happening? May reconnect the O2 sensor and see what happens.
  20. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree. :nod The D606 is a very good tire, but it is also very heavy, very tall, and the tread flattens as it wears. :deal I much prefer the size 110/90-18, D952 rear tire, which is less tall, much lighter, and retails a round tread profile as it wears. The D952 also works much better off road, and on the street as well. :deal However, the D952 is not DOT approved, which is not an issue in Idaho, but might cause problems elsewhere. :deal

Spud :beer