RaceTech Electric: High Quality Motorcycle Stators & Voltage Regulators - ADV Disc.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by fadingfastsd, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Flyred

Flyred When you come to a fork in the road take it

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping to improve the stock 225w output of a 2012 KTM 690 to run heated gear and better lights. What can you do for me?
  2. fadingfastsd

fadingfastsd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is an average number, and our generic description of 3-phase stators while I write specific descriptions for all of our parts. That stator is a generic fit 3-phase that has multiple fitments, so 20% is our average expected increase over the stock stators it replaces. I do have an XR flywheel that is the right diameter at the shop. I will spin up a G090 stator on my test rig and give you guys an output vs. RPM chart.
  3. duckrogers666

duckrogers666 Formerly Flying Cow

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Much appreciated! I look forward to seeing the numbers.
  4. FlyingPig

FlyingPig Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you have something that would be a direct bolt-in upgrade for a Suzuki V-Strom?
  5. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Dr650?
  6. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry FlyingPig, nothing for the V-Strom at the moment. We will build these late this year, or early next.
  7. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    I currently have an OEM DR650 stator, we are in progress on prototyping right now. We should have one late this year.
    Thanks!
  8. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, sorry for the long delay. For everybody who was interested in the power output numbers of the G090 stator. This is for the Honda XR650L models. I spun one up on the test rig using a ZX-9R flywheel. So these numbers probably aren't 100% exact for an XR650L, but will be reasonable. (Keep in mind this is a multi-fitment stator).

[​IMG]

This stator does a maximum of 260W. This is calculated by producing a maximum of 20Amps at a selected 13VDC (keeping the battery charge maintained while still sourcing current for loads).

You can see this stator at:
    http://racetechelectric.com/i-8155524-honda-kawasaki-suzuki-yamaha-3-phase-stator.html
  9. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, Evan. I'm hoping for a little info on the KLR650 280w stator.

I corresponded with Trent Kirby at Electrosport a while back, and the 400w had been discontinued due to failures. The 280 was still for sale, along with a recommended regulator upgrade.

The 400s left such a bad taste that most folks on the KLR boards have a "Don't do it!" kneejerk reaction to any stator upgrade.

How reliable is your 280, and does it need an upgraded regulator? I look forward to having a solid part to recommend!

Do you have a graph like above for the KLR?

Thanks, and good luck with the business!
  10. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Hey Suby,
    Thanks for the msg. I'm well aware of the stigma from the "400W" KLR stator. I'm fighting it every day trying to get KLR guys to realize, we're NOT Electrosport, and we make high quality parts, not junk! Which is really too bad, because our 286W stator is a very nice, easy and useful upgrade on the KLR's, and is very reliable.

I have not a had a single failure whatsoever on my 280W KLR stators. I do recommend replacing the regulator for longtime reliability, as the h/o stator can be a little stressful long term on the stock r/r. I have plenty of stators right now, but am currently out of stock on the regulators (we're in production on them as we speak though). As soon as I have them on the shelf I will make a kit for stator & regulator at a discount. Plenty of stators available though!

I do have a graph for the KLR stator output:

[​IMG]
  11. dsrydr

dsrydr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you looking into whether you can build a replacement stator for the BMW f800. Many reports of stator failure from excessive heat.
  12. wmfleet2

wmfleet2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    any for the weak stator dr 650
  13. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kawasaki Ninja 250? More Specifically 1988-2007? If it helps any here's a link to the info on the Ninja 250 site concerning the original stator's output power vs. rpm compared to some aftermarket ones.. I've installed the ESG110 from Electrosport some time ago and it helped quite a bit with powering heated gear in the wintertime, however it's died since then so I've went back to the original stator.
    Thanks, Tony
  14. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    I've had others ask about this. It's on my list of requests. No idea on time frame right now, but I will update here when I look into this.
  15. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    I have a good OEM stator to start my design off of, I'm working with ProCycle in Oregon. Great guys there, they sell alot of DR stuff. I will have one for the DR hopefully late this year, if not early next.
  16. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    I've had requests for this, and will definitely look into producing a Ninja 250 stator. Any chance you have the old Electrosport stator still lying around? I'd like to have one that fits the Ninjas to get physical measurements to build my CAD drawing for the tooling. It looks pretty similar to another die I already have made, I might already have something in the right diameter & mounting hole size/pattern. If that dead ES stator is laying around, I'd pay shipping to get it so I can double check fitment and size. PM if so. I'll also give you a new one from production for your help, when they're available.

Also, on the Ninja 250 front....we just started carrying Koso's full line of gauges. We've got a killer plug & play bundle for all years of the 250. It's a killer Koso RX-2 or RX-2N multi-function computer, mounting bracket, and direct PnP wiring harness to swap over the whole Koso setup on your bike. I think these are awesome and will be hot sellers once we start advertising them.
    You can see the kit here:
    http://racetechelectric.com/i-8579274-koso-plug-n-play-bundle-for-rx-2n-ninja-250-250r.html

http://racetechelectric.com/i-8579183-koso-plug-n-play-bundle-for-the-rx-2-ninja-250-250r.html

Thoughts?
    Evan
  17. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those Gauges look very nice! You might want to say something about those over on the Ninja 250 sites, link and link as more than a few people have replaced their instruments with something else, and those look much better than any I've seen. I've replaced mine too but stayed with the original ones. I'd be glad to send the old ES one to you, have to make sure I've still got it though and then I'll get it sent to you.
    Thanks, Tony
  18. GeckoRider

GeckoRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oakland, CA, USA, Thrid Rock from the Star Sol
    My understanding of these things is limited but from the threads regarding the RR and Stator it seems some issues with the longevity of the stator could be fixed by changing the RR to put out more voltage and/or better cooling on the RR. Does not fix the toasted stators but helps prevent future frying at the loss of some wattage.
  19. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got it boxed and ready to ship, just let me know where to send it to.
    Thanks, Tony

20. hahmule

hahmule Balding Gloriously

Oddometer:
    Strom riders are always looking for more watts. There is a lot of forum space dedicated to this topic. We tend to have a lot of gear and gadgets that draw power. The current systems are good for about 400 watts. Just enough to run the lights and a full set of heated gear at night. No way it will run two sets of heated gear. My Triumphs had 640 watt Nippondenso systems, and that seemed to be plenty. I always wondered why no one could swap out one Japanese charging system for another. An aftermarket supplier came up with a stator with a little more output, not a lot more, but the reliability fell off considerably. I've forgotten the name of the supplier, but currently, not many are doing the upgrade because the trade off between a few extra watts and declining reliability is unfavorable.

Suffice it to say, if you provide the watts, reliably, we'll supply the gadgets!

PS I looked at the new Bandit 1200, a great budget touring bike, guess how many watts? 400 Arggghh!