1. Jeff aka BOLT

Jeff aka BOLT Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer:
    Surveyor dies in Johnson Valley
    published by admin on Wed, 11/21/2012 - 12:29
    Report: man was surveying for Marine base expansion project

By KRIS REILLY
    Editor

JOHNSON VALLEY • A man died last week of unknown causes while surveying the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle area for the proposed Marine base expansion, according to sheriff’s department documents.

Foul play was not suspected, according to a San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department report.

On Nov. 14, a group of surveyors was several miles north of the intersection of Bessemer Mine Road and Old Woman Springs Road, east of Lucerne Valley.

A man identified as John Patrick Mike began coughing and needed to take a break; he then started convulsing. Members of the group attempted CPR, but Mike died at the scene — in a remote location accessible only by four-wheel-drive vehicles.

A deputy was called at 1:49 p.m., and later the coroner was called to the scene.

There were no signs of trauma to the body, according to the deputy’s report.

The Marines have made it clear that the Johnson Valley OHV area is their preferred location for the expansion of the Twentynine Palms base.

As of press time on Monday, the Marines had not yet released a record of decision (ROD) on their expansion plans, but the ROD is expected before the end of the year. The final decision will be made by Congress at an undetermined date.

2. Burmshot

Burmshot Born to ride

Oddometer:
    Explain to me the bad karma about this story, because i just don't understand it ?? :ear
  3. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    The OP is probably talking about how someone working to shut down a riding area died unexpectedly.

I'm all for giving the Marine Corps the training terrain they need to be ready for anything. I also hate to see riding areas closed. I wonder how likely it would be to see an agreement something like the hunters have with the US Army Fort Hunter Leggitt? They close areas when training is scheduled, but otherwise let the public in for recreation.
  4. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    In this case they are talking about expanding a live fire area. That means one it is in use, there will be ordinance on the ground. That would in effect shut it down to public access for ever.
  5. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Ride it while you still can....
  6. Burmshot

Burmshot Born to ride

Oddometer:
  7. sam_wilson

sam_wilson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another internet bad ass get's his ass handed to him...lol Love it. looks like old "Bolt" is pissing off forums everywhere. Here's to you Mr ass hat forum troll...:1drink
  8. whutner

whutner Adventurerer

Oddometer:

Whut? He didn't even say anything. I skimmed the thread on TT and he diddnt say much there either

Hows he an ass hat forum troll?

"Bad Karma" isnt the same as "Glad guy died" or whatever your thinking
  9. Burmshot

Burmshot Born to ride

Oddometer:
    Dude it's over your head. :zilla
  10. sam_wilson

sam_wilson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    WAYYYY over his head. I like your style,Mr.Burmshot. I have a strong feeling that this Bolt guy will be drifting off back to his little cyber room VERY soon. I have to wonder if the dork even rides.. Anyway I'm sorry if I pissed off the regulars her but that Bolt guy reminds of a KNOW IT ALL guy that we all had in Auto Shop in High School. I don't know about evryone else but the guy I knew back in shop is now doing a "mean Burger flip" @ McDonalds.
  11. whutner

whutner Adventurerer

Oddometer:
    Whut? Aware me on the situation then? guy posted a story with no comments on his own. Looks like he has 500+posts of regular shit.. Not Trolling.

Seems like you guys are the ones being the ass hats. But I guess this is wayyyy over my head.

wtf r u talkin about cyber room and auto shop and mc donalds and shit. wtf does any of that have to do with this BOLT dude?
  12. Burmshot

Burmshot Born to ride

Oddometer:
    Sounds like we found another ass hat troll on this site. :asshat :fyyff
  13. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    Hey marines, go east.
  14. mr. thumbs

mr. thumbs Long timer

Oddometer:
    How about the Marines use the border for their drills. Two birds, one stone. :norton
  15. theGrinch

theGrinch SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer:
    Nice, but wouldn't work. To easy for drugs to move across.

16. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:

i like that idea! live fire training and bombing range. no drugs coming through anymore!
  17. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    I think that's his point, moving targets?
  18. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:

So that TT thread constituted BOLT "getting his ass handed to him" to you guys? That was sad. You TT guys actually resorted to calling each other "retards". Really, retards? That's the best you could come up with?
  19. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    this message self-destroyed...
  20. Burmshot

Burmshot Born to ride

Oddometer:
    I'm all for them not taking our riding area's, BUT i'm not for somebody who is glad that another human died doing his job. Wake up FF's thats why he named it "Bad Karma" so if you don't agree then :fyyff:fyyff:fyyff:fyyff