Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. jwdub

jwdub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The last time I had the subframe unbolted I sprayed the area with degreaser and then used Yamabond. However, that didn't work all that well. Next time I think I'll try Hylomar which is used in aircraft applications for oil seals. I had some on hand but just forgot about it. Note that I didn't remove the fitting. The Yamabond may have worked had I done so.
  2. mattadv93

mattadv93 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone useing a talon cush hud on there 570 and have any trouble with fitting it in? I think I may have received the wrong spacers :( .... was hoping the go for a ride tomorrow!
  3. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    If it seems too tight that could be a function of the cush hub.. when I got my cush hub..not a Talon.. but i had new bumpers in place and it was very tight.. I called the guy I bought it from and he told me they get that way with new bumpers in.. I had to really force it in.
  4. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    You want to use Seal-All for fittings on gas tanks.

[​IMG]

5. Dual Rider

Dual Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if you have this figured out yet or not, but the Cam was the problem on my bike and several others. See this link and I hope this helps!
    http://husaberg.org/mechanical/14674-570-cold-start-problem-4.html
  6. mattadv93

mattadv93 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi
    Im looking to extend my clutch hose and throttle cable. Just wondering if there is any extender kits or is it a matter of getting longer cables/hoses? If so is there any recomendations on what to get?
    Cheers
    Matt
  7. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    These guys used to be an excellent Berg dealer. They have changed their name recently. I'm thinking that they still service/stock parts for Bergs and would be able to fix you up with longer cables and/or hoses.

http://www.ridepgpowersports.com/

Sometimes you can re-route the throttle cable to gain slack. Try re-positioning the throttle so the cables are to the back. I got everything to reach w/ 2" Rox risers ('10 FX450).
  8. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    How do you reset the TPS on the 570?
    I have a JD tuner, but I'm still getting flame outs

2011 FE 570
    2003 ZX12R
    Life is good!
  9. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    You can flip the throttle upside down. Some people dont like that option but it works fine. Clutch wise you can move your lever perch slightly but are really limited to a longer line.
  10. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
  11. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    MotionPro will make cables of any length. I've raised my bars a few inches with HDB risers - I didn't like the way my throttle cables were at their limit on full lock, so I have M-P make up a set 3" longer than stock.
    My brake/clutch lines seem ok.
  12. Menasco Pirate

Menasco Pirate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have two 2011 FE570S, one set up super motard the other stock. Both are factory street legal bikes with keyed switches.
    The problem, the stock one occasionally continues to run after the key has been turned off. I can turn the key back on and ride a small distance and sometimes it will then allow the engine to be switched off. Sometimes revving it up a few times and then switching off succeeds occasionally.

I have swapped the key switch and the problem remains. So I'm focussing on the master relay and think it is sticking in the on position. I also believe some times vibration tends to shake it loose if it sticks.

During this failure to stop the engine with the key in the off position the lights remain on and all the electric powered functions continue to work. I afraid sometime I will not be able to get the bike turned off and will fail the battery and get stuck out in the boonies. The kill switch still works, but the electrical system remains on (starter, lights, turn signals, brake lights, fuel pump all remain operational)

I purchased a new master relay (took several weeks to get one) and reviewed the parts book for it's location. Item 10 one the parts page. Surprise! The parts book diagram shows it should be near the fuse box and Computer box connectors. I can not find it! The tank and subframe are off, and all the wires laid out in full view. No can find!

Steve

Anybody had this problem? Anyone know where KTM hid the relay?
  13. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    Relay is right next to the battery under the seat.
  14. Menasco Pirate

Oddometer:
    Sorry Seth but I cannot find it, I'm looking for the master relay not the starter relay next to the battery nor the tip over switch on the bottom of the battery box.

Steve
  15. Menasco Pirate

Oddometer:
    I found the relay that I have the replacement part for ( shown as #10 on the electrical page of the parts book). It's located not by the battery and starter relay as shown in the parts book, but instead just forward of the ignition coil between sheet metal supporting the steering head on the frame. I had to remove the right radiator to get to it. I put it all back together tonight, it runs and will ride it this weekend, I hope. I'm assuming this is a master relay but can anybody with knowledge pipe in? Otherwise what is its purpose?

I also wonder if there is an error in the parts book. The cable in the parts book looks like the cable that does plug into the starter relay. It is pictured like a square 4 pin connector used on the starter relay instead of the non-square 4 pin connector that attaches to the relay I replaced #10 pictured in the parts book.
  16. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like they say - a picture is worth a thousand words. Give us some pics of where you're looking and/or where you think you found it. I don't have access to my bike right now, but I can't think of a relay near the radiators.
  17. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    there is only one main power relay. and that's the one.
  18. Koko

Koko Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone here running an FMF Megabomb header on their FE390?
  19. Menasco Pirate

Oddometer:
    Don't know how to take a picture of some thing this hard to see. It's located just forward of the ignition coil and behind the steering head. You're not the first person who is surprised to find a relay there!
  20. Menasco Pirate

Oddometer:
    I sure hope so! Maybe I'll find out this weekend if this replacement fixes my problem.

Steve