New Fork Light Mount for R1200GS/GSA from Black Dog

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by KTMforget, Dec 14, 2012.

1. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

We just released our new, redesigned fork light mount for the oil cooled BMW R1200GS / GSA that is now fully machined and hard anodized black. Developed to accommodate the Rigid Industries 6" Single Row LED light, this design puts the light where you need it - in front of your wheel. Especially helpful in off-road or urban applications.

We have redesigned this product to make it even better, lighter and much sleeker! Now fully machined and anodized. The original design was very popular and this version should knock it out of the park!

This new and innovative billet light mount from BDCW attaches directly to the forks above the lower fender for the oil cooled R1200GS/GSA (2005-2013).

We also offer this package for the new liquid cooled GS and GSAs seen here

The advantage of this mount over a standard crash bar-style mount is that the light moves with the front wheel, giving you better light in the direction of travel. In addition, due to the location of the light, it is less prone to damage in a tip over.

We offer these fork mounts as part of a package that includes the Rigid Industries 6 inch SR2 LED light which has a Specter beam that puts out over 3000 lumens.

Proudly made in the U.S.A.

Top View:

[​IMG]

In Action - note both headlights on this bike were converted to HID and the Rigid SR 6" still outshines them!

[​IMG]

TO ORDER, FOR MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOS, CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE

Thanks for your continued support and HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Kurt
  2. Webdaf

Webdaf n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello Is that possible to order only the R1200GS fork mount for SR serie 6".

Thanks.
  3. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your interest. We only sell the mounts as part of the kit.

For oil cooled GS and GSAs:

http://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-sho...it-for-bmw-r1200gs-gsa-oil-cooled-detail.html

For liquid cooled GS and GSAs:

http://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-sho...kit-for-bmw-r1200gs-liquid-cooled-detail.html

As part of the package we include the new pendant switch from Rigid which is "handlebar friendly", unlike the standard switch that is included with the lights. We also offer a good savings when purchased as a package.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your continued support
    Kurt
  4. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Are you going to offer any light patterns for the LC bikes,other than the Specter beam pattern,when they are back in stock?
    Specifically interested in the combo pattern for my LC GSA.

Cap or acorn stainless or black anodized nuts would be a nice addition for the main light mounts,for more finished look.But guess those could be sourced locally.

JR356
  5. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi JR
    We can get a combo light if you like. From our testing we know that the specter light offers 50% output and a superior beam for not that much more money, so most of our customers prefer that package, but we can get the other light if that is what you prefer. No problem.

Thanks for your interest
    Kurt
  6. GSDirtbag

GSDirtbag Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I already have the light I was looking for the mount only. will keep looking for other solution. Too Bad
  7. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    What fork diameter are these made for? I'm thinking about a 6" light bar for my TR650 (low fender), but I need to measure the forks.
  8. Kazky

Kazky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guess this mount won't work with a Wunderlich steering stop installed.
  9. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    We make them in several different styles and sizes but there is a LOT more that goes into fitment besides the fork diameter.
  10. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    OK, thanks.
  11. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you offer an advrider discount when ordering from your site?
  12. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    Because most of our customers are on the forum, we try to keep our prices competitive from the start, rather than marking them up only to ask members to enter a discount code to get a "discount".

Thanks for your support
    Kurt
  13. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Kurt,
    I'll be putting an order in tonight.
  14. PCLS2FLY

PCLS2FLY Hooker Pilot

Oddometer:
    I am inquiring about the BDCW Premium Fork Light Kit for the BMW R1200GS/GSA. I am wondering if there is an option without the t-shirt and the wiring harness ( I already have one ) for the '15 r1200GSA that isn't $215.01 more??? Standard light was listed at 208.99 and the package was 424.00. Thanks, Heath
  15. GSDirtbag

Oddometer:
    unfortunately they are not to flexible with there package this is y I went with Clearwater lights...
  16. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi PCLS2FLY

I am a bit confused about your post. Our fork light mount package includes the Rigid Industries 6 inch SR2, which retails for $280 and our custom designed fork mounts, which we don't sell without the lights).

If you don't want the wiring harness or t-shirt, we could cerrtainly knock some off the price, but just to be clear, we are NOT charging $215 for the wiring harness and t-shirt. The fork mounts are our design and not included with the Rigid lights.

I hope that clears things up. Please let me know if you have any questions

If you want to place an order you can send me a PM.

Thanks for your support
    Kurt
  17. GSDirtbag

Oddometer:
    I was also looking for a mount and since Blackdog wont sale their bracket separately here's an option for 75$ that I will be ordering from Clearwater

B58 Mounting Kit..BMW R1200GSW/GSAW/RTW
    Water cooled. Fork clamp. For Glenda/Darla. Bracket #609

I will post picture when done...
    hrbb likes this.
  18. PCLS2FLY

PCLS2FLY Hooker Pilot

Oddometer:
    I really like your light and am sure it kicks a#@ on the trail and on asphalt. So am I understanding it right that the light kit that sells for 424.00 is extra because of the special mounts? Where the other light you sell for 265.99 also comes with mounts that would work with my bike too? The listing says it comes with two sets of mounting brackets. Or are these generic mounting brackets, NOT the ones that wrap around the fork. Would it be possible to get a picture of the 265.99 light kit and all it comes with? Sorry to be a pain. The price difference between the two is so great I just want to know what I am getting. Thanks for your patience with me.
  19. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is correct. The Wunderlich steering stop interfers with the fork mount. Sorry.

Works fine with the Touratech steering stop for the oil cooled GS's
  20. Kingsized

Kingsized Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I followed your link but can't find the light mount available without buying it in a package . I read this thread title as an announcement that you were selling them. And I wrong?

Thank you