Center Stand for XR650L and XT225

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Cigar Mike, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cigar Mike

Cigar Mike Too Old and Too Slow Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cigar Mike's is done. I have decided to officially stop making center stands. I have contacted a manufacturer of DS accessories and they are interested in making the stands I have designs for. I will update this link once that takes place and then ask for this thread to be removed.

Cigar Mike

Thanks,

Mike

Center Stands for:
    XR650L
    XR600
    NX650
    XR400
    XR250
    TE610
    TE630
    SM610

Transalp coming soon
    DRZ400 Coming soon

I am fabricating centerstands for the XR650L.

The XR650L stand lists for $160.00. ADVriders will receive a 10% discount. With shipping cost added it will be about $160.00 delivered to the lower 48 states. No sales tax if you live outside of Colorado. It is a bolt on unit and and takes under five minutes to install. I had to trim my Ricochet skid plate about 1/2" for it to fit.
    [​IMG]
    The picture shown is of the prototype. I would post some new pictures but the bike is still dirty. I will up date the picture when it warms up a little.

TE610
    [​IMG]
    A few pictures of the finished stand.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can contact me at; CigarMikes@gmail.com or go to the website http://www.cigarmikes.com/ if you are interested. I got rid of the website and I am using Blogspot.com so that even I can update it easily.

I am a retired steamfitter and build these in my home workshop to keep busy. If your bike is highly modified to where the ground clearance is changed a large amount, give me a call. It is not much trouble to custom make the height. I will describe how to get the measurement I need to make one that should fit properly. I can make a limited number of units a month, so plan ahead if you really want one by a certain date.

To receive the discount just identify yourself as ADV inmate.

Thanks,

Cigar Mike
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I've added your thread and discount to the sticky discount thread :thumb
  3. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I ordered some decals today. I will put one in every box, when they get here.

Thanks,

Cigar Mike
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Sounds great! Glad to see inmates supporting you. :thumb
  5. norvegicus

norvegicus waiting for spring...

Oddometer:
    I have Mike's XT225 center stand and love it, one of the best mods ever. :clap

xtcenterstand.jpg
  6. sled_rider

sled_rider DESERT ADV RIDER

Oddometer:
    What a nicely put together stand for the bike. I will be using my XRL for Adventure Touring so the stand will come in handy for packing the gear and trailside maintenance and repairs. The ordering was outstanding; Mike was very prompt with returning emails for all the questions I had about the stand. I ordered it Friday afternoon and received it Wednesday. Had to wait for the next weekend to install but I don’t know why I waited. It took a whole 2-3 minutes to install. The hardest part was that I had to lie on my back on the garage floor to install it. How about that for nitpicking, I mean this stand is a snap to install. I like the fact it is a bolt on item as removing it for any serous rock trails will be just as easy. Putting it up on the stand is as easy as installation, I grab my Dirt Bagz rack and lift up and back. Now for the best part, in buying this stand I am spending my money with a fellow enthusiast. Mike I am planning a Continental Divide ride in mid August, hope to be in your neck of the woods I would enjoy sitting down for meal and drink with you
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p><o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p><o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
  7. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    Terry that sounds like a plan. :deal A nice steak, a drink:1drink and listening to your adventure on the CDT would be great. Might even be able to provide a shower and a bed.

I am pleased that you like the stand.

Thanks,

Cigar Mike
  8. diesel1959

diesel1959 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mike--good to see these great designs prosper. Would you be interested in creating a stand for the Super Sherpa? I'd happily buy one and I'd bet there'd be a few others too. Glad to have good folks like you here! Cheers:clap

BTW, Norvegicus speaks very highly of you and that's good enough for me. ;)
  9. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    Yes, I would be. I like motorcycles and have been enjoying the bikes and the people involved with them since 1970. It is fun for me to look at what I can do on models that don't have a particular item. Making center stands was an accident. I wanted stands for our bikes and I wanted to do something with motorcycles when I retired. It is more fun to come up with a design then to make or sell the product. Making them is a good hobby since it seems to fill a niche that has been over looked and keeps me from just sitting on my ass.

The problem is just getting a bike for a few days to be able to come up with something. I hope to look at a TE610 next week and a Motarded XR400 after that. Both look like they will be really easy if I can get my hands on them.

Any suggestions are welcome. But if there is one on the market. Do yourself a favor and buy one. The big guys make some really good stuff. The finish and components are top notch. If DualStar had made a stand for the XRL I would have bought one.

Norvegicus is one of those people that make it worth while messing with the business.:baldy

Cigar Mike

10. Sportourer

Sportourer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you could come up with something for the Honda Transalp I am sure you could sell them like hotcakes. And I would be first in line! The one that is available from SWmoto is not a bolt on. It only fits the european ones that came with tabs and a spring mount from the factory. The north american ones did not have these mounts. If I was close enough I would gladly donate my bike for the prototype.
    -Alex
  11. gogogordy

gogogordy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will this fit the XT 250 as well? (2009)
  12. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    All that I can do is ask the guys in the regional forum if they would let me use theirs for a day or two. And then just finding time to do it.

Cigar Mike
  13. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    The frames are completely different. The XT250 would be a bolt on at the foot peg mounts. I have been asked about the XT250 at XT225.com before I got banned from there. Since I am not there any longer, there has been little interest. I am considered a rouge manufacturer since I don't advertise there. But I am in good company. Clarke is a rouge manufacturer for the same reason. Members there are incouraged not to buy from us evil manufacturers.

I hope to get a chance to look at the 250 some time this year.

Cigar Mike
  14. Gladly

Gladly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in more info on the xr400 one when/if you get there. (for a non-motarded bike, so there'd maybe be a height difference)

:clap
  15. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I am in contact with an the owner of the XR400 now and may be able to get an old frame to be able to fit a stand. If so, I don't see where it will be much of a problem. I will post here if that comes about. There will be some loss of ground clearance, but it will be able to take a good hit.

Thanks,

Cigar Mike
  16. Gladly

Gladly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hopefully it will still be an under 5 minute install for the 400. For the harder core trail runs it could be removed, and reinstalled for the softcore and around town stuff
  17. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    On the 650L stand it is a snap to install without the skid plate. With the skid plate on it can be a bear to line up the bolt holes. I assume it will be a similar situation on the 400. I don't have one therefore I don't really know. I will have to wait to get feedback after the first one is installed. I will let you know.

Cigar Mike
  18. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    Still have a ways to go to refine the design, but I know it will work now.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to Mountain Eagle for the use of his Husky.

Cigar Mike
  19. FatherX

FatherX Supervising the Heros

Oddometer:
    :thumb

it should make it easier to work on until it is actually running.
  20. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    This stand is made just like the one shown in the parts fiche. I think that I will still make a few adjustments. but it is very close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goes up on the stand easily. I think the legs need to get higher in the up position. I will be working on that.

Cigar Mike
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.