North through Oregon and WA

Discussion in 'Americas' started by amshooter, May 9, 2009.

1. amshooter

amshooter n00b

Oddometer:
    Dudes & Dudetes - I'm riding up to BC from San Diego in July & I would like some suggestions for "must do" roads that head more or less north through Oregon and Washington. As long as it's twisty - or fast sweepers, lonely & beautiful - I'll love it. I'm willing to do a lot of zig-zaging for the good stuff. Thanks!!!

Don
  2. Belgian Waffles

Belgian Waffles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hwy 30 along the Columbia River. Its the old Historic Hwy and its beautiful. Not extremely long, but definitely worth it from the PDX area (forgot the exact location) to the Dalles. Part of it skips onto the newer freeway, but the freeway is just as beautiful and still twisty. You wont regret it one bit. Especially if the sun is shining and the colours are bright.

BW
  3. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    You've got to do the roads around Mt. St. Helens, approaching from west off I5 to Johnston Visitor Center, of from east side to Windy Ridge.
  4. Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty Rhinestone Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Depending on where you enter the state... Hwy 31 from Lakeview up to LaPine has very pretty scenery. The Columbia River Gorge, like Waffles says, is a must see...Freeway or not! I haven't experienced them first hand but, NE Oregon has a lot of lonely and curvy roads.
  5. Coots

Coots That's what she said

Oddometer:
    Ok, just north of Seattle is the "north cascade highway" aka Hwy 20. Hell of a good ride and super beautiful. From there cut over to Republic (nothing much there) and cut up north, cross at Danville into BC take hwy 33 to Kelowna kick ass ride. You will see some beautiful country and once in Kelowna (possible the best town in BC) you can vist some of the most amazing wineries in BC possible all of Canada. If you need more directions (I have taken that trip several times) PM me and I will fill you in. Happy trails to you.:freaky

Shane