Conjoined COTA MotoGP and Moto America Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Didn't MotoAmerica run today too?
  2. mpower13

mpower13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yamaha's having the same tire problem as last year. Right side getting chewed up in 5-6 laps. Very strange. Not good for Vale and Lorenzo.
  3. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes. It was like pulling teeth to find results. Live timing was a mess, their website is like a game of hide the information and they completely dropped the ball with Social Media. Best to just check http://www.roadracingworld.com/ or for CycleNews.com. I'm sure it will get better and the possibility of live streaming is good news. TV is one week tape delay for what appears to be a highlight show.

I'm glad the new KRAVE group is in charge but they can't act like the internet doesn't exist. The first place I could find the Supersport results was a congratulatory post from AMA Pro Flat Track (DMG) on Facebook. :rofl
  4. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually this track's safety is questionable. As evidenced by Moto2 QP, a rider can crash on the several s-bends on the first part of the track, and then slide right back on track, and pop up right in front of other rider(s). So here's hoping we don't see such incidents during races, and especially during the first few laps, when the pack is still very tight, that could be very nasty.

.........And it so nearly happened already in Moto3, Oliveira going down, exiting & re-entering track, very very lucky not to get hit by those coming from behind.
  5. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    I saw after reading your post. Clairvoyant.
  6. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    must be T4.

For me it is strange, that such a new track could have a dangerous place like this.

(And even more strange, that this is the 3rd time they visit this track, and if there´s been any talk about this possibility, then I´ve certainly missed it....)

This kind of incident is one of the worst that can happen. I really hope there are no more crashes in this corner.
  7. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    Its a possibility at a lot of tracks. I don't know if it can be completely eliminated and still have a set of S bends or other features that make the track interesting. Bikes tucking the front entering a corner can take out others. Bikes can bounce off walls and back into the racing surface. Riders can blow chicanes and end up in the path of other racers. Organizers do as much as they can but it will never be perfect.
  8. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    well there is another right-left a few bends later, but the entrance to the corner appears to be a bit tighter and slower (maybe a bit uphill as well?) and it looks to me, that if there was a crash in a similar place, the bike/rider would most likely come to a stop, before they will re-enter the track area.

Sure, anything can happen, and racing will never be 100% safe, but that T4 still seems amazingly poorly designed from safety perspective - you just lowside in that turn, and you have a high possibility to find yourself, and possibly your bike right back in racing like. (And also keeping in mind, that this track was not designed 20 years ago).
  9. kcounce

kcounce Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am glad that we have race here in America but bring back the normal commentators. I don't want to hear Bob Varsha or Kevin Schwantz. Even my wife was disappointed about the commentators. But I guess this is something we have to endure and push through. Could always watch the race on mute!
  10. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would you rather hear Ralph Shaheen?:lol3
  11. Mike Yanagita

Mike Yanagita Gurgling bloody mess

Oddometer:
    Runaway dogs, water spillages -- QC at COTA seems spotty.
  12. fore

fore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This
  13. Mike Yanagita

Oddometer:
    While we're waiting for the re-start, this was a couple of photos from a practice at one of the races last year, forget which round, but until this moment, Dovi had been leading practice, then watches the timing screen as Marquez goes out and gaps the field by almost a second. Dovi's expression was: "WTF can we do against this guy?"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. GeneralGarden

GeneralGarden Long timer

Oddometer:
    No way you made it to the moon...
  15. BeeCeeGS

BeeCeeGS WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer:
    Slo-mo of Rossi's front tire doesn't look promising.
  16. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did Iannone run out of fuel?:huh
  17. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    Anyone down there?

Where are the pitchers?? :wink:
  18. BeeCeeGS

BeeCeeGS WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer:
    Dovi, too?
  19. mpower13

mpower13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HAHA!

Both Ducatis run out of fuel. What was all that talk about the Ducatis having no problem on 22 liters? Dovi gifted a 2nd place thanks to his extra 2 liters of fuel over Rossi.
  20. Mike Yanagita

Oddometer:
    That sure was cutting it close by Ducati. Will they keep taking their chances and risk running out before the line, or are they going to de-tune?